Touratech Distribution by BMW in Oz?

Discussion in 'Australia' started by lowrpm, Mar 8, 2006.

1. The Duck 01

The Duck 01 Tigerman

Oddometer:
    What can i say,Markus Normann is great to deal with as he has supplied all my parts for my bike with fast delivery times[8 days to my door from Germany]
    Don't worry about dealing off shore as he is honest and does deliver the goods well packaged.
    I could not get any of the parts that i needed in NZ for my up coming tour of Australia which starts in Sydney on the 14th May.
    The world is a small place and it doesn't matter where the parts come from.
    Check out his website heaps of stuff for very typre of bike and if he doesn't have access tot he will work hard to get it for you as he has done for me.
    www.noRRus.com.au:clap
  2. rjf

rjf SBS's #1 fan in January

Oddometer:
    Gosford, NSW, Aust. Scrambler, 640Adv, 300EXC
  3. AllOrds

AllOrds -------------

Oddometer:
    I cant, I thought the second from the last in the list was Min/Max Sphinctor
  4. ktmgeoff

ktmgeoff Remember it's not a race!

Oddometer:
    Western Creek Tasmania ( sold the farmand moved)
    Just what sort of file does one use to file a profile, a flat bastard perhaps??:rofl :rofl
  5. Clancy

Clancy Long timer

Oddometer:
    I contacted TT in Germany when I wanted stuff for my Transalp. They put me in touch with the following people who have turned out to be great to deal with. They sent me a complete catalogue (no charge) and a price list on disc. I then ordered some engine bars, and within four days, they were sitting on my workshop floor.

Contact details:

Touratech
    1933 Carboor Everton Road
    Carboor
    VIC 3678

(03) 5729 5529
    EMAIL: [email protected]
  6. ozmick

ozmick Adventurer

Oddometer:
    If anybody is interested there is a UK site called www.nippynormans.com. They sell BMW gear and are pretty good. I have bought stuff from there which has arrived quickly. And remember to take off VAT (gst type tax)when calculating the price on the site as you dont pay VAT if outside the European Union.

I used to buy straight from the TT site in Germany. Yet again you did not pay tax and even with postage it was cheaper than buying stuff from Oz agents.
  7. mike cramb

mike cramb Long timer

Oddometer:

AS usual rj is correct call Tony or Robin (the owner) or the lovely Nicole.

Very good service my roadbook and IMO arrived on time all good and they gave me and the rest of the team a very good deal as well.

Give them a few weeks to order as they have shipments arriveing every couple of weeks from germany.

MIKE :D
  8. OutBack

OutBack Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I think we are starting to get some good value here in Oz.
    I have used a mob here in W.A. Great value, and more surprisingly had stock on hand.Being local I saved freight as well. www.motorradgarage.com.au

Now that I have some down time :lol3 It gives me an oppourtunity to look for other bits and pieces.
  9. pilbaralad

pilbaralad Isolated n00b

Oddometer:
    +1 for www.motorradgarage.com.au

I have bought a couple of big ticket items from them and found the prices to be comparable to Overseas distributors but without the hefty shipping costs!
  10. AllOrds

AllOrds -------------

Oddometer:
    Touratech will be ok.
    The Two Wheels mag seems to be just a cover to cover advertorial for Touratech these days.
  11. sequent

sequent South Australia's own....

Oddometer:
    I just bought a whole heap of stuff from Tourtech (roadbook, IMO and some other stuff) and found them to nice and fast. If they don't have stuff in stock, it can take some time to arrive from Germany, but no big deal.
  12. Oldfatbeerman

Oldfatbeerman Enroute to a PUB

Oddometer:
    I ordered a mount for my New GPS on monday morning and it arrived via aust post 750 km away 48 hrs later and for not much more than what it would have cost importing myself from OS. I could not be happier. :clap:clap:clap:clap:1drink:1drink:1drink
  13. aussierob2001

aussierob2001 Aussie Rob Whooooo

Oddometer:
    Hi Guys.

I have used this guy a few times and seems fine. Becareful about what you order has he does not know the product well as yet but will contact HQ if he is not sure.

Cheers

ROB

te=mike cramb]I sent an e-mail of to the new Touratech guy i

[email protected] and recieved a catalogue a week later (dont forget im in WA) and a price list by e-mail . So far so good there address is

1933 Carboor -Everton Road,
    Carboor, Vic 3678

Ph 03 57295529
    fax 03 57295559

The Catalogue is very comprehensive at 770 pages.

Now I just have to order something and see what happens from there.

MIKE[/quote]
  14. mike cramb

mike cramb Long timer

Oddometer:
    I should follow up on this I did order my TT Rallye set from these guys. Robin is the owner of the company and was very helpful. he gave me and the rest of the team a very good price better than we could get from OS plus postage.

MY set took a few weeks to get here as I missed a shipment by a few days. apparently they get a container every few weeks. Once it arrived in Aus they got it to me within 48 hrs using 24hr post pac (never quite worked that out).

Only problem with my set was no English instructions so I emailed Germany and they sent me a new set in Bloody German again. Finaly got another set from one of my team members who must have translated it.

I finaly wired up my roadbook and imo yesterday (Thanks Richard) all going well but the roadbook sounds abit noisy dont think I trust it to last the Safari. Maybe they all make grinding noises lots of metal cogs in there.

Fortunately there will be a guy from TT on the Safari and he will be carrying spares.

All up I found Aqualine to be very helpful as mentioned above they are still learning about some of there products but if they keep going as they are they will be a very good distributer.
    [​IMG]

MIKE:D
  15. rjf

Oddometer:
    Hey Mike, What did you need destructions for? I have IMO100r300 instructions in German (including pic's) and english(no pic's).

If you want me to email them to ya, PM me your address.
  16. mike cramb

mike cramb Long timer

Oddometer:

Thanks RJ but Ben sent me some already and its all up and working now except for the IMO pickup I am waiting for Richard to make a fork protecter with the pickup mount built in .

MIKE:D
  17. rjf

Oddometer:
    Ok.

I won't post up how the replacing one of the disk bolts with the imo magnets can stuff up the stock speedo sensor. (I think I've already done that 100 odd times:lol3 ..... :hide, and been told your newer 640 can mount it on the other disk:baldy
  18. mike cramb

mike cramb Long timer

Oddometer:

TOOO Roooo

hey after waiting about 4 weeks for those magnetic bolts to come from the States put them on and they didnt work. wrong magnetic field so found some here in perth machined out normal disk bolt and bobs your uncle and only cost 50cents .

MIKE:lol3