Touratech Highway Pegs for R1200GS LC

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by slowinfastout, Sep 21, 2015.

1. slowinfastout

slowinfastout Halfway to nowhere in particular

Oddometer:
    I've not seen anyone review these yet, and installed a set on my upper crash bars this evening. They are well made, probably cost too much ($ 200), but the design is very novel and they seriously tuck out of the way when folded. I have not tested them out yet, will do so soon. In the meantime, some photos both folded and extended.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Duane
  2. JimVonBaden

JimVonBaden "Cool" Aid! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Duane,

I know you are not that tall, but don't they crank up your legs? Got a photo of your position when on it?
  3. slowinfastout

Oddometer:
    They may very well, Jim..I'll have to try them out in the next few days and report back.

I did a 10 hour trip a week ago and found myself resting my boots atop the cylinder heads, but there's too much heat to do that for very long - thinking this might work. Then again, might be a $ 200 mistake! But they look cool....lol
  4. desertdualsport

desertdualsport Adventurer

Oddometer:
    beautiful bike and those pegs look great on there. You gotta have someone take your picture with you sitting on your bike and your feet on them to show us all the ergonomics. On a side note, what kind of tank grip do you have on yours? Those look really good and functional too. Also, thats nice flooring you have in your garage, what kind is it? It almost looks glued down.
  5. Mike M

Mike M Long-timer... Supporter

Oddometer:
    Been looking for a highway peg that will work and integrate well on my GSA crash bars. These look like they will do that. Thanks for posting!
  6. Kawidad

Kawidad Long timer

Oddometer:
    I too would like a view of how they look with a rider. They look the boss. :gdog
  7. Ltrip

Ltrip Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I am looking for hiway pegs for my 2014 GSA. These LOOK like they may work. Has anyone tried them on a GSA LC? I would love to see pictures.
  8. slowinfastout

Oddometer:
    The knee-grips are by Tech-Spec, and there is actually a secondary segment below the main one as well, so it's a 4 piece set - mine are the 'Snakeskin' model:

http://techspec-usa.com/magento/ind...oled-2013-2014-snake-skin-tank-grip-pads.html

Flooring is snap-together by Race Deck, the gloss coated version. I like it a lot, makes the garage very pleasant to work in and installs very fast.

[​IMG]

What it looked like before:

[​IMG]
    toowoomba and Project Mayhem like this.
  9. FareWarning

FareWarning Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    they do hide nicely on the crash bars. these would've helped on trip i did recently. i too would like to see how cramped a leg might be resting on them.
  10. Mike M

Mike M Long-timer... Supporter

Oddometer:
    Looks just what I'd like to have on my 2014 GSAW. Unfortunately, with the way the hinge works (on the inside of the bar) I don't think there's a way for them to fit the GSAW crash bars. Unless someone see's something I don't.

[​IMG]
  11. Ltrip

Ltrip Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I asked earlier in this thread if anyone tried these pegs on an Adventure. I then sent an inquiry to Touratech. Here is their answer:

Thanks for your inquiry. Sorry, but they will not work on the Adventure. The pegs are VERY specific in how they mount, and we’ve had several folks try and fail to mount them on the Adventure.

Bummer, as I am still looking for highway pegs for the adventure which are out of the way when folded. I have looked at Adv Design and Ilium and I don't like how they stick out. That's just my view.
  12. CJ3Flyer

CJ3Flyer Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    :dunno:fpalm I hope I am missing the strap from the center stand through the front wheel, maybe it was Photoshopped out:hide You NEVER would've caught me doing that, hahaha!!!

Seriously though, floor looks great!

I am seriously wishing I had done the Touratech bars for the option of those pegs. They look like just the thing to give an alternate position for a few minutes. Not as ideal as other highway pegs on cruisers but an addition I would welcome on my GS.

BTW, Blue IS the fastest color:-)
  13. Gone Troppo

Gone Troppo Somewhat bemused observer

Oddometer:
    Looks awfully uncomfortable....
  14. GreyThumper

GreyThumper Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've got the same TT engine bars as you do. Interesting that you mention that resting your legs over the cylinders gets too hot after a while. I do exactly that with the TT bars. My pants make no contact with the cylinders at all, only with the bars. Works great, and I haven't felt the need for any highway pegs.
  15. JimVonBaden

JimVonBaden "Cool" Aid! Supporter

Oddometer:
    :rolleyes
  16. cpallen

cpallen Nearly Adventurer

Oddometer:
    It's OK, he left it in 1st gear.
    Switchglide12 likes this.
  17. GP1200

GP1200 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The Iliums I have do stick out a bit when folded but are well worth it. They are wide and topped with rubber and they pivot. I could not go on long trips without them. I'll stretch the left leg for a while and then the right and then back to the main pegs. Rinse and repeat and I have no problem riding all day. Those Touratechs look way too small to be comfortable.
    Dogslobber likes this.
  18. scoobync

scoobync n00b

Oddometer:
    I'm following this, I need one to for my LC GSA.
  19. DirtRideRoader

DirtRideRoader Armed and Dangerous

Oddometer:
    These look real similar to some Chinese ones sold on e-bay by several vendors.

[​IMG]
  20. Fosters

Fosters Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I mounted them up to my gsa rallye...had to do a tiny bit of modifying but they fit and worked well...so well I transferred them over to my 2019 adventure