Sold Touratech (Kahedo) R1150GS Adventure Seat (High)

Discussion in 'Parts' started by Zatoichi101, Apr 19, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zatoichi101

Zatoichi101 Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    This is a perfect listing for taller GS riders!!

The is a near-new Touratech High seat for the R1150GS Adventure. This has been used just a couple of times -- and is really in like-new condition (see pics!). Touratech custom seats are a high-quality upgrade to the stock seat, and they come with their own base (pan), which means you have a spare seat that you can store for emergencies.

This is the "High" version which is approximately 1" higher than the stock Adventure seat height, and it really improves ergonomics, especially for taller riders.

These are $630 new plus tax/shipping. I will sell this for $400 plus shipping.

I might be interested in a trade, but you will have to PM me for that.

By the way, the marks in the pics are from storage and not permanent.

Attached Files:

overlander likes this.
  2. blues_bleu

blues_bleu Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    sorrie to hijack,
    is this seat good or the corbin better or even russel all day or sergeant???
  3. Zatoichi101

Oddometer:
    I honestly can't comment on the Corbin, Sargent or Russell seats, as I have never tried them. Sorry.

But I can tell you that if you are a tall rider and need better knee relief -- this seat really helps with eronomics.
  4. PaulBarton

PaulBarton Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I will chime in here as I sold this seat to Z101.

I will start with this is for the GSA and is the “high” or tallest seat TT offers. If you are tall and find the standard seat height is too low for you (on the Adventure model) then this is a great option. I’m 6’ and this seat was too tall for me especially after I replaced the stock suspension.

I have a Corbin Dual Sport on my GSA that replaced this TT seat. The Corbin is a nice seat that creates a pocket to sit in with some room to move around. It is actually slightly lower than stock but I had spacers installed underneath to get it back to stock height. When I have off-road trip planned I use the stock seat which is not nearly as comfortable as the TT or the Corbin but the Corbin restricts the ability to slide back on the seat.

If you are taller then the Corbin DS should be eliminated from your consideration.

I don’t have direct experience with Russell or Sargent on the Adventure model but the Russell is wider and really designed for touring comfort (similar to Corbin albeit much different design).

With all that said, the Touratech seats are made by Kahedo and are excellent quality seats. They are made with Dri-ride and utilize 2 different materials as the top section is smoother to facilitate fore/aft movement while the sides are a textured rubbery material to provide grip- slight pressure with the thighs will keep you from slipping in a technical situation.

Of all the seats you mention the TT is going to have the most off-road bias - long platform for moving around on, narrow nose etc. It is light years more comfortable than stock and at least on par with my Corbin - which I have found to be comfortable for me. If I was taller or this was standard height I would still have it.

In case this gets dumped from the string you can PM too.
  5. Zatoichi101

Oddometer:
    Thank you, Paul! Great description!
  6. blues_bleu

Oddometer:
    But do you guys ride out alone or take someone behind?
    Coz my wife will be with me all the time And I want her to be comfortable so I can ride more often and further! If she is not happy, then I cannot ride either!
  7. PaulBarton

Oddometer:
    My wife hates the Corbin. The passenger spot is very small. She rides almost on my back.

The TT seat will provide a larger area for the passenger than the Corbin. The TT is similar to stock in that regard but much more comfortable than stock.
  8. Zatoichi101

Oddometer:
    Blues_bleu -- As Paul has said, if you look at the photo of the TT seat, the passenger area is larger and flatter than both the Corbin and the stock seat. This does offer a passenger better comfort, especially for longer rides.
  9. PaulBarton

Oddometer:
    And it's got more cushion for their....ummm...cushion.;-). It's also made with dri-ride so you don't have to worry about a wet seat/foam.
  10. Zatoichi101

Oddometer:
    TT
  11. wanjman

wanjman Adventurer

Oddometer:
    So I have an 03 GS with a Corbin and no pillion seat, can't order one now that the factory is closed for a while. Can an Adventure seat be made to fit on a non ADVENTURE BIKE? If so what needs to be done?
  12. wanjman

wanjman Adventurer

Oddometer:
    BTW im 6'4" so the xtra height would be nice!
  13. PaulBarton

Oddometer:
    There are lots of guys that have made the swap in both directions but it requires more than just the seats. There's several threads on here to guide you through it...here's a couple (the second one has the parts list for the reverse swap). I actually sourced the parts to do the reverse swap through eBay. My parts were a total of $120 from 3 different vendors. I had to source additional locks since the 2-seat version has 4 locks and the Adv only uses 3 (helmet lock doubles as seat lock on Adv). You could just reuse 3 of your 4 locks from your 2 seat version. It takes about an hour to do the swap once you are comfortable with what you're doing. I am still running the adventure set-up but my wife really wants me to change to the 2-seat set-up for her comfort.

https://advrider.com/f/threads/1150-gs-gsa-tail-section-swap.207255/

https://advrider.com/f/threads/finally-details-for-converting-adventure-to-stock-seat.8932/
    Zatoichi101 likes this.
  14. Zatoichi101

Oddometer:
    Thank you, Paul!!
  15. blues_bleu

Oddometer:
    Hi Paul, yes, actually I have the 2 Corbin seat from my r1100gs. I also wanted to change to the 2 seater for this adv. but after using it, seem like they have improve the lock, so I am pondering if I should make the swop and regret. So in the meantime , if I can get a touratech, Corbin or Sargent seat at my Budget. I think it will last me a while before my madam complain. As now the seat is Lying in my store . Or until I get a good offer .
  16. Zatoichi101

Oddometer:
    Bump
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.