1. Livestream NOW at 11AM PST / 2PM EST!
    Baldy Interviews + Noraly "Itchy Boots" from Youtube YouTube Live Chat here
    Dismiss Notice

Touratech Mount on Pro-Kuhn's

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by R-dubb, Nov 30, 2002.

1. R-dubb

R-dubb Dubbious Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I found the RAM mount shakes too much for the good of my GPSV. And, it hangs in a poor position, that block instuments and is out of place. So, I mounted a Touratech with vibration issolators instead.

The mount comes with a cross bar clamp for the stock bars. Using the plate as a template, I drilled and tapped threads into the top of Ricardo's cross piece. I know, it desecrates a work of art. But, you know, it works really well. The GPS mounts tight to the bars, where it should be. I still have full view of the dash lights. The holes can always be filled later if required.

I knocked the fixed bolts out of the mounting plate and substituted 5mm allens. Using some nylon spacers I bolted the mounting plate above the Kuhn cross piece about 10mm.

Looks great! Works great!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:dj
    R-dubb
  2. John Macdonald

John Macdonald Long timer

Oddometer:
    You haven't defaced anything here-

You did exactly what Ricardo was thinking of with your gps mount. That's why there's so much extra meat there...

Way to go there.
    From what I can tell, and knowing Ricardo as I do, I'd figure that'd be a totally Ricardo approved job.
  3. RockyRaccoon

RockyRaccoon Found:Gideon's Bible

Oddometer:
    Nice post. I moved it to Equipment, though, since it wasn't really about your experience with the vendors in question. Make sense?

:dunno
  4. Rad

Rad Done riding

Oddometer:
    I already have the Ricky the shit bars, and I got a GPS come'n for xmas. Twas not sure how I was gonna marry the two...this could be da ticket

thanks for the post
  5. Jim Kelleher

Jim Kelleher Circus Bear

Oddometer:
    RDubb:

You hit the nail right on the head when you described Ricky's bars as "a work of art". The passion with which Ricky throws himself into things is nothing short of what one would expect from a Goya, a Picasso, a Chagall. Ricky remind me of an artist and I hope he finds a patron to help him relaize his dreams.

Feliz Navidad to Ricky and the rest of the riding community.

Jim Kelleher