Touratech Seat for the LC8

Discussion in 'Dakar champion (950/990)' started by wayer, Jun 11, 2004.

1. wayer

wayer n00b

Oddometer:
    The new Touratech catalog shows three new seats for the LC8.

High, Original, and Low.

[​IMG]

Has anyone tried one?

Seat Info

I'm leaning towards a Bill Meyer seat for longer road trips & 2 up riding, but it looks a bit "super sized" for the bike.

[​IMG]
  2. Noise

Noise Dreamy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Come on, LC8 is a sports bike, not a luxus tourer. I made 850 very curvy kilometres on _bad_ roads in about 13 hours and I was still happy to sit on the bike the next day, so the original seat cannot be THAT bad...
  3. Mack

Mack Gone, but never forgotten. RIP, Mack...

Oddometer:
    I know what you mean, but in some parts of this country it is not hard to ride 850 kilometers, and not see anything that a 950 would consider to be a curve. Kills the brain, and the butt.
  4. AntWare

AntWare Lost In Translation

Oddometer:
    The stock seat and my arse were having a fight to the death on the 750 mile, 11 hour jaunt back from Taos on Memorial Day weekend...when I regain feeling I'll let you know who won :D

Actually my arse did, because I was back on the bike 5 hours later heading to work(sucks)

How's the leg Mack?
  5. Mack

Mack Gone, but never forgotten. RIP, Mack...

Oddometer:
    Antware, Thanks for asking. The Dr. said a lot of good things today. It looks to be just a matter of time. The bones are lined up, and the IM nail is doing its job. I finally realized today, that I might as well pull the insurance on the bikes for the next 4 months, anyone have some Prozac they can spare.

Wayer, do not forget Richs in Seattle, I really like what I have seen come out of his shop. The lower seat looks comfy, hard to say if the wings would get in the way when moving around offroad.

I finally recieved my underbar damper mount & risers from Sommer KTM, for the 640, with the Pastrana Pro Tapers, approx 3 plus inches of rise, so hopefully no more hunching over for me. (Anyone try an OEM 640 ADV upper tripple on the 950 yet? If it worked it would get rid of those damn angled risers, and allow the same underbar damper/riser mount.) Next up Fastway pegs, down and back 3/4 inches. Then the seat to finalize the ergos.

I thought these 950 seats broke in over the first few thousand miles? Cheers, Mack :cry
  6. MooreRon

MooreRon Banned

Oddometer:
    Where can I get more info on the seat pictured in the LARGE picture?

Thanks,
    Bart
  7. kirkmoon

kirkmoon Making up for lost youth

Oddometer:
    Here
  8. munichboy

munichboy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just my 2 cents worth - but that big seat looks like its got love handles?

I'd rather my arse suffered for the bike than the bike suffered for my arse........
  9. Robert Saunders

Robert Saunders Adventurer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG] i agree that seat looks crap so it would need to be much more comfortable to compensate for damaging great lines. And it also removes the flexibility of sitting exactly where you please. on long journeys i try to move around on the seat BEFORE my butt goes numb. never quite got it right on ANY bike yet, it is just a matter of time and the seat bites back (my skinny butt, in any case).

does anyone understand the THEORY behind seating comfort? i believe that hard is good, and soft feels good for a short while but blocks circulation sooner and so is worse in the end, or something. Certainly true of car seats.
  10. wayer

wayer n00b

Oddometer:
    Has anyone seen (or better yet sat on) any of the Touratech Seat for the LC8?

Any thoughts or feedback would be appreciated.

Touratech lists 3 models in the catalog:
    - High (2 cm higher),
    - Regular, and
    - Low (2cm lower).

I'm considering the high, but for some reason the US site only shows the low.

KTM LC8 low seat

The "low”version is about 2 cm lower than the original seat. If you fit our low seat, the Adventure's total seat height is about 85 cm (33.5Inches) providing excellent comfort on long- distance trips.

[​IMG]

Check out the Touratech Site

Cheers,

wayer