1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Touratech Sport Seat

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by formulals1, Oct 7, 2002.

1. formulals1

formulals1 Semi-Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm considering the Touratech Standard Sport Seat on my 1100 GS. Can anyone tell me about it's quality, fit, finish, etc. Is the seat foam pretty firm?

My seat is too wide and soft and the shell is ill fitting near the tank, so I need a new one. Some of the other seat manufactures don't look/sound very appealing and this is why I'm considering the Touratech. Most of my riding is on-road and this may not be the best choice for the road, but other options look slim.

Someone asked this question a while back and didn't get much of a response and now I want to know.

I'm going to keep my eye on the "BMW GS One piece seat" thread as this just might be what I'm looking for if it fits the 1100.
  2. formulals1

Oddometer:
    Damn, no one has any info on this seat. :(:
  3. AFekete

AFekete Long timer

Oddometer:
    The seat is in at the dealer. I just to get there and take a look. I will hopefully get there tomorrow or Saturday.

BTW.. it is a BMW one piece seat found in thier accessorie catalog.

thanks,
    Andrew
  4. formulals1

Oddometer:
    Andrew, I would really like the hear what you think of the new one piece BMW seat. I see the same thing in the catalog, but it is a lowered version (about 1"- 2" lower) called the "Comfort Low Seat". I called one of the BMW dealers here and they said BMW doesn't make a one piece seat and I told him it sure looks like I see one in the new catalog. He told me that is not so. :huh :arg So, I'm going to see what you come up with. I hope it's good news!
  5. bcum1

bcum1 beemerfixer

Oddometer:
    I've heard by alot of people, " not good for touring", an off road seat.
    Example: hard , to flat & narrow ,not enough dish.
    Only advantage is that you can scoot your butt way back if you want.
    Long banana seats are enduro style for kneeling on when you go across a stream or need to throw your bike around turns etc.

Been there @ the TT web site , almost bought one myself. :huh