Touratech upper crash bars. Booooo

Discussion in 'Hard. Core. (1090/1190/1290)' started by Mikezilla, Dec 30, 2014.

1. Nowwhat

Nowwhat I'll Go Second... Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    /\/\ hahahahaha
  2. jengel451

jengel451 1 Cool MotherF#$cker

Oddometer:
    TT is to Adv riders what chrome is to HD riders.
  3. Wanted

Wanted Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi GCecchetto, would you be able to repost or PM me the photos of your Rumbux uppers? They don't show up for me on the forum and I really want to see them on a bike with multiple angles. Thanks in advance

Btw for future reference, after e-mailing Altrider, their crash bars will not be ready until Q3 of 2016. It bewilders me why they would even list them on their website that far out.
  4. GCecchetto

GCecchetto Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sure, I'll repost the photos when I get home this evening. It's a bummer the new forum no longer supports images hosted on photobucket.
  5. GCecchetto

Oddometer:
    Rumbux photos.

Here's a shot of the revised mount to the factory bar.
    20150920_195006.jpg

Front view.
    20150618_180130.jpg

Side view. This is an older photo from the original bars pre fitment corrections, but fine for getting a sense of how they look on the bike.
    20150110_130710.jpg
  6. ADV67

ADV67 Alsace rider

Oddometer:
    Not sure how the new upper Rumbux horizontal handlebar part will improve things. :jump

[​IMG]
  7. Wanted

Wanted Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the pics, I am a bit confused. Are those the new, or discontinued uppers? I've heard conflicting information, either way, those ones look nicer I think.. :hmmmmm
    Not a bad idea wrapping the contact points though! blends in and will save from the scrapes :)
  8. GCecchetto

Oddometer:
    I'm not aware of the upper bars being discontinued, Eric could answer that for you. These are the original upper bars they offered, so maybe they have something new.
  9. GCecchetto

Oddometer:
    Sooo...just took a look at the Rumbux website, and they have redesigned these bars. Look HERE for the new version. I'm not fond of the look of the new ones. Deon made mine custom in stainless steel, I'm willing to bet he'll make you a set of the old design if you ask.
  10. Wanted

Wanted Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yeah, I think the new design looks more like a jungle gym than a crash bar. There is an inmate on advrider in the process of becoming a European dealer soon, I'm really keen on the 3 part kit now. I don't think the Rumbux would be possible for me otherwise, with the cost of shipping and then the customs and VAT, it turns into a costly affair without a dealer on your continent :dirtdog

Sometimes I forget how easy I had it in Australia with their $1000 tax threshold on imported goods, most countries you'd be lucky to not pay tax on anything over $100. Anyway thanks taking the time to post some photos and share some info GCeccetto
  11. rokdktr

rokdktr Adventure North

Oddometer:
    I don't think the new ones will work with my Black Dog Skid based on the lower touting location in the pictures. That sucks.
  12. N3RDMAN

N3RDMAN Adventurer

Oddometer:
    So I've been looking for some upper CB's for my 1190. It looks like touratech has changed there mounting design on the upper bars. Can anyone confirm this? Pic below.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. Doug Matson

Doug Matson Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    They are different from the originals according to the picture, looks like a better system than the ones I have on my 1190.
  14. HardCase

HardCase winter is coming

Oddometer:
    I have the Black Dog skid plate and the Rumbux upper bars fit perfectly, no problem whatsoever, on my 15 1190R.

Attached Files:

15. LonelyRider444

LonelyRider444 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    This is a better mounting, for sure. But not for Belgium. If that would be the case, it would be easy.
    I've installed them this weekend and i can confirm it's not like this. It's like these:
    Capture2.JPG

I will send some pic. of my install. (have no pic yet)
    And it's a terrible way to fit. I've looked on the internet and found 2 or more different mountings.
    Maybe they should hire a new designer to make this fittings easyer.
    Mikezilla likes this.
  16. Deviant

Deviant Long timer

Oddometer:
    Even the touratech site shows both, super odd.
  17. LonelyRider444

LonelyRider444 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    This is how it looks on my bike:

DSCN2433.JPG

DSCN2434.JPG

I've being messing around with those "bar savers". And now they are not fitted like it should be. I've tried everything but could not find the easy way of using these. So I put them like this. Maybe in the near future, i'm going to take it off and try again. But for now, i leave it.

This guy did a better job, but also says it's not that easy to install. (and is a little bit different then mine)
    http://gizmodo.com/how-to-prepare-your-motorcycle-for-adventure-1673606088
  18. LocuL

LocuL Gnarly Steward

Oddometer:
    Hmmm your best upper crashbar would be your "bar". It will hit way before your Crashbars.
    TheBritAbroad and Nowwhat like this.
  19. Deviant

Deviant Long timer

Oddometer:
    I wonder if they are just getting rid of old inventory? The site shows one mount for the orange, another for the black?
    Capture.JPG
  20. CDA-Rider

CDA-Rider n00b

Oddometer:
    Anyone know if the Rumbux 1090 upper crash bars will work the Tusk high fender?