1. Hey everyone, We’re going to start a weekly email to surface interesting threads in the forums. No worries, you can easily unsubscribe if you don’t find it interesting. If you’re like me, it’s nice to have someone willing to poke around a big community like ours and find the most interesting stuff. Saves time and I hate missing something great. It worked really well when we had someone discovering the best photos for the home page rotation back in the day. And if you have something fascinating to post, maybe this email does everyone some good by getting it noticed. Let us know what you think when you get it. Your feedback will make it better as we go (thread). Thanks! Baldy & rudy1220
    Dismiss Notice

TP87 ~ Toby Price Motorsports

Discussion in 'Australia' started by TBR, Sep 23, 2017.

1. TBR

TBR One Life ~ Live It...

Oddometer:
  2. bigbrad

bigbrad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Welcome aboard Toby
  3. ferals5

ferals5 Team black bikes

Oddometer:
    A few pics for TBR I’m sure he would have enjoyed them. The truck with the new red bull sponsorship panels.
    A65B10EA-A963-4681-B630-1F964BEFB710.jpeg E43EAF51-93F3-4403-A3FB-64E6EAAE6EEA.jpeg 48AD2C31-F526-4EFF-9131-BA53A776260C.jpeg
  4. ozcruiser

ozcruiser Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Not much room for loading the ute mate but looks like you have plenty of spare panels.
    Good luck on the double.
  5. ferals5

ferals5 Team black bikes

Oddometer:
    Well apparently he goes ok in the little can-am as well...from FB

‘Epic day at the SXS championship... round 3 at albury and my first race in the CAN AM and come away with the win! Big thanks to CAN AM and DARMAC AG for building such a badass car!! If you have never seen these racing before it’s a must, better again buy one and come join us ’
    92276402-1B00-4843-B2D3-359FE66386B5.jpeg
    0210A292-1F6C-4FC0-A090-A147A8A818A2.jpeg
  6. grub61

grub61 mild mannered maniac

Oddometer:
    Oz - specifically Wollongong , if I'm home
    Is there anything he can't do :-)
    Burnsy and Dukehunt like this.
  7. a2zworks

a2zworks Así es la vida

Oddometer:
    With his natural ability, work ethic and factory backing it must be like taking lollies from children I suppose.
  8. ferals5

ferals5 Team black bikes

Oddometer:
    Dunno about taking candy from children ... I just had a look there are some handy steerers in that round... I reckon he had to work for it.
    a2zworks and Mouse like this.
  9. ozcruiser

ozcruiser Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    By looking at the mud on the front of the buggy and him he was chasing someone trying to get around them.
  10. richo360

richo360 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Run a marathon.
    grub61 likes this.
  11. Woody2627

Woody2627 Grey Wobbler

Oddometer:
    Find a decent barber?
    FatBoyCrash, Cruz, grub61 and 3 others like this.
  12. ferals5

ferals5 Team black bikes

Oddometer:
    ‘Really excited to announce I’ll be teaming up with @brycemenzies7 of @menzies.motorsports for the Baja 1000 in the new AWD TT, testing went good and it’s a beast. let’s get this @RedBull @kmcwheels @bfgoodrichtires’

Edit: haha copy paste Toby’s post and there is an inmate RedBull... welcome to oz RedBull
    AUSSIEADV likes this.
  13. Mouse

Mouse I'm only smelly

Oddometer:
    Menzies? Didn't he drive a mini there not so long ago? And come unstuck on a little bump?

Let's see...

:rofl
    ferals5 likes this.
  14. ferals5

ferals5 Team black bikes

Oddometer:
    Hopefully it won’t end like that :lol3

DD0ADF47-44A0-4201-A526-B4A239A9D2F9.jpeg
  15. Mouse

Mouse I'm only smelly

Oddometer:
    It's hard to find an up to date cv for Bryce, even the red bull one I found is about 5 years old.

Wonder who drives first? I assume it's like the bikes where they swap crews?
    troy safari carpente likes this.
  16. ferals5

ferals5 Team black bikes

Oddometer:
    I don’t know much about the race other where it is... I shall have to school myself :*sip*
    troy safari carpente and Mouse like this.
  17. Mouse

Mouse I'm only smelly

Oddometer:
    There is one fella round here who's all knowed up on things baja afaik...
  18. troy safari carpente

troy safari carpente Team f5oolery

Oddometer:
    SCORE TT Class Rules allow the pro teams up to 3 x driving crews on the roster (driver and co-driver) that can tap out/change during the race... which is (in the case of the baja 1000) is a non-stop 1000 miles race (@1600 km) or there abouts (often a bit shorter if they run the "loop route in baja norte out of Ensenada and back. The "Peninsula Run" - from Ensenada, south to LaPaz at the bottom tip of Baja - is a point to point course that usually runs close to the full 1000 mile spectrum.

Unlike DAKAR (or other rallies) Baja is a race... from flag drop to the finish line (although there are speed limited GPS montored sectors on the course - usually on public highways or through villages / built up areas etc.) - so it is on for young and old from the gun... no "transport stages" like in a rally, and all pits/refuelling/driver changes are on the clock... Fastest team to the finish line (on corrected time) without any time penalties for speeding on the road sectors or short cuts (both which happen pretty regularly)... is the winner. Simple. :1drink

As fara as crew Changes go... depending if it is a Penisula run, or a "loop" race in the north... the big gun teams can use a combination of "chase cars" (well equiped team follow vehicle) or even chopper/light aircraft, to move ther drivers along the course to various assignment/sections during the race.

For a two driver pro team - sometimes they might divide the race into two parts, with a "change" the middle... alternatively each might do 2 x @200 mile sprint stints... using the chase cars/chopper to do the logistic tranfers in between their turns behind the wheel.

Baja is "testosterone" desert racing - and Trophy Truck is the ballsiest class there is. :D

The Menzies AWD Trophy Truck is an interesting project... as it is one of the very few/first attempts to compete at that level with four wheel drive... Traditionally the top teams run TT's with a 2WD (rear wheel drive/bajo axle) powered by huge unlimited NASCAR type injected V8's with 800 hp and double a-arm front suspension and bulk (like 26" or more) wheel travel front and back. Like I said... testosterone.

The Menzies AWD effort is one of only four or five top teams (since maybe ten years back) that aim for outright with a 4WD platform.*

good luck to Menzies and the Mullet... hope they give it a good shake. :clap

*There are classes (class 8 limited and Class 4x4) where four wheel drive vehicles can be entered... but these type category auto's are not up to competing for outright victory - class honours only.
    Mouse likes this.
  19. troy safari carpente

troy safari carpente Team f5oolery

Oddometer:
    http://score-international.com/baja-1000-course-map/

The 2018 Baja 100 course is a "loop" race out of Ensenada and down the Pacific side of the peninsula (anti-clockwise) then back up the California gulf side - via San felipe - Before crossing back through the Mountains in the North to Ensenada... 840 miles this years 1000 is.

There is usually a thread in the RACING forum here at ADVRider where are good dose of the yank inmates (and a couple of aussies) follow happenings - in pretty much real time. :D

Go Mullet boy :D :clap and Binzie's... :jack
    Mouse likes this.
  20. Mouse

Mouse I'm only smelly

Oddometer:
    Yep... that fella ^

Troy, for this simpleton did you just say Toby and Bryce are swapping in the same vehicle or running two separate ones? I got confussled.