1. Hey everyone, We’re going to start a weekly email to surface interesting threads in the forums. No worries, you can easily unsubscribe if you don’t find it interesting. If you’re like me, it’s nice to have someone willing to poke around a big community like ours and find the most interesting stuff. Saves time and I hate missing something great. It worked really well when we had someone discovering the best photos for the home page rotation back in the day. And if you have something fascinating to post, maybe this email does everyone some good by getting it noticed. Let us know what you think when you get it. Your feedback will make it better as we go (thread). Thanks! Baldy & rudy1220
    Dismiss Notice

TP87 ~ Toby Price Motorsports

Discussion in 'Australia' started by TBR, Sep 23, 2017.

1. troy safari carpente

troy safari carpente Team f5oolery

Oddometer:
    rules = same car... change drivers.

*But they use chase cars/pre-runners (that any DAKAR team would be glad to have as race vehicles) that they pre-run (practice the course) and use to "chase" (move around prom check point/pit to checkpoint/pit) during the actual race.

Menzies "street legal pre-runner"/chase truck:

[​IMG]

Menzies race spec' SCORE Trophy Truck 2WD (race vehicle):

[​IMG]

Here he is with the "new" AWD toy... :deal

[​IMG]
    Sfcootz likes this.
  2. Mouse

Mouse I'm only smelly

Oddometer:
    Clearly Bryce or Steve swings a healthy cheque book, can he pedal to boot? Think the call was he ignored his navigator and notes in that Dakar incident iirc.
  3. troy safari carpente

Oddometer:
    Bryce comes from a family of building contractors from Nevada/California - that are not exactly short of a buck (a common theme in SCORE/TT circles... the McMillin family racing dynasty, Herbst family, Roger Norman etc.)

his DAKAR prang came as a result of ignoring the call from the navigator of a 2caution2 in the roadbook... a miss for the DAKAR "rookie" who is used to running the SCORE races where "pre-running" is permitted, the entire route is logged on a LOWRANCE gps... and the "co-dawg" is only there as ballast and tyre changing duties (pretty much).

It was an expensive lesson for him. I note that he does not have a seat (as yet) on uncle Sven's MINI team for January 2019... :1drink
    Mouse likes this.
  4. Mouse

Mouse I'm only smelly

Oddometer:
    What's this lowrance system you speak of, Troy? A model?
  5. troy safari carpente

Oddometer:
    http://score-international.com/raceinfo/gps-files-baja-1000/

Lowrance is a manufacturer of GPS that SCORE (and other US based race organisers) first adopted for the purpose of race control/course verification, back about 15 or more years ago... it just became their "defacto standard". Similarly, I suppose to the way that the ADVRider world is (probably) 99% Garmin based...

Surprised you have not heard of them, LOWRANCE are very big in the "fish finder" business.
  6. Mouse

Mouse I'm only smelly

Oddometer:
    I've heard of lowrance, just didn't know they did anything land based.

Eg I like the ray marine stuff and reckon it'd make for good land based but afaik you cannot get useful land based maps for it unless you're riding round a ski resort.
  7. troy safari carpente

Oddometer:
  8. tcol5

tcol5 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Did any of the Aussie news outlets pick up the Marocco win?
  9. Oldfatbeerman

Oldfatbeerman Enroute to a PUB

Oddometer:

:jack . Don't be bloody stupid , they are all sprouting about important stuff like who is still in The Block and what happened on The Bachelor and shit like that . In motorcycle sports we have had 3 new World champions in the past month or so and not a peep out of any mainstream media that I have heard or seen .
    FatBoyCrash and AUSSIEADV like this.
  10. ferals5

ferals5 Team black bikes

Oddometer:
    Australian Associated Press had breaking news an hour ago that he won... they really are on top of their game :rofl

I noticed a comment from Greg Rust on FB so no doubt its on Foxtel or whoever he works for now.
    troy safari carpente likes this.
  11. Oldfatbeerman

Oddometer:
  12. sidetrack one

sidetrack one Chief Tiddler

Oddometer:
    Small grab in the fish and chip wrapper this morning
    20181011_073534.jpg
    bigbrad, ferals5 and Oldfatbeerman like this.
  13. AUSSIEADV

AUSSIEADV Long timer

Oddometer:
    WHAT AN AMAZING SEASON – I CAN’T BELIEVE IT. IT’S BEEN A TOUGH ONE AND I DIDN’T EXPECT TO BE AT THE TOP OF THE LIST AT THE END OF IT. I HAD SOME BAD LUCK BACK IN ABU DHABI AT THE BEGINNING OF THE YEAR, BUT AFTER THAT EVERY RALLY HAS GONE WELL AND I’VE FINISHED ON THE PODIUM AT EVERY ROUND. TO WIN THE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP WITH A WIN HERE IN MOROCCO MAKES IT ALL THAT LITTLE BIT SWEETER. IF I AM HONEST, I WAS NERVOUS OUT THERE ON THE FINAL STAGE TODAY, THERE ARE NO GUARANTEES IN RALLY RACING, ESPECIALLY WHEN I HAD TO LEAD THE STAGE OUT. THIS IS MY FIRST WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP IN ANY CATEGORY SO I AM SO, SO HAPPY. IT’S ALL CREDIT TO MY TEAM AND EVERYONE AT RED BULL KTM, WITHOUT THEM BEHIND ME I WOULDN’T BE STANDING ON THE TOP STEP. I’M STANDING ON THE TOP OF THE WORLD AND IT’S THE BEST FEELING EVER.”
    troy safari carpente likes this.
  14. AUSSIEADV

AUSSIEADV Long timer

Oddometer:
    130EBFED-88A0-471F-96B6-F2C8B81578ED.jpeg
    FatBoyCrash likes this.
  15. Oldfatbeerman

Oddometer:
    ^ There is some seriously good sportsmanship displayed in the above photo , the 2 blokes chairing the winner are his closest rivals for the title , what other sport are you likely to see that in ?

I am however ......... a bit worried about where Matthias's right hand may be :hmmmmm.
  16. AUSSIEADV

AUSSIEADV Long timer

Oddometer:
    My first notice too OFBM. It’s seriously tremendous to see. You may need to rely on your competitors as a first port of call if in a serious accident but nevertheless but good relations is best for all.