So far I seem to have been able to successfully replace the batteries in my TPMS sensors. I picked up my 2015 XRx in January of 2015, so it's been really close to 5 years. Baby got a new pair of shoes (Anakee Adventure's), so I thought it would be a good time to address the sensor battery life issue. I have the Cheap+ gene on my Y-chromosome, so I thought I'd try to avoid the $250 part cost plus the stealer... err, "dealer"... programming fee by rolling my own. The only issue is that the original batteries are CR2050W's and I couldn't find a source unless you want to buy a thousand. (Let me know if you find one.) I used CR2032's with tabs and so far they are working. Both batteries are 3V lithiums and are the same size. The 2050's are "high temperature" tolerant and have about a third more capacity. The battery and circuit board are sealed in a rubber-like material. I used an xacto knife to cut out the material around the battery and solder terminals. You only have to remove material from the round end. This leaves the circuit board on the other side safe. Here's the 2032 soldered in place. I had some Starbrite's Liquid Electrical Tape around and used that to seal it back up. It comes out as a thick liquid and dries to a rubber-like consistency. It shrinks some when dry and looks pretty much like the original! I'll let you know if these have temperature issues. I'm in SoCal, so I'll be riding all winter.