Track School Advice

Discussion in 'The Perfect Line and Other Riding Myths' started by ganze, Jul 18, 2019.

1. slugsmasher

slugsmasher Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    +1 Lee Parks book. Best real world stuff in there plus practice techniques you can do away from track days and suspension set up guide you can do at home.

Get a fuel injected SV650 and have a shop revalve the suspension to your body weight. Put some Q3s and good front pads on it and be done. Best bike to learn on IMO and if you wreck it just get another one, they are cheap.
  2. oic

oic Business is ALWAYS personal

Oddometer:
    Another thing to consider is club racing like ARMHA. Lots of track time (depending on event, more than trackdays) and usually less expensive than track days and racing is a blast. Lots of classes that run cheap slower bikes.
  3. ZiaThunder

ZiaThunder Go big or go home

Oddometer:
    ^^^^^
    Pft... No way is racing with ARMHA cheaper than a track day. They are one of the most expensive clubs I've ever raced with. Start with a local club first if that is where you are going. Racing will get you faster than a track day, it's also way more expensive in the long run.

I've been racing for 13 years now with many clubs around the country. My favorite thing to do is travel to new tracks. I prefer to be on the track with racers as they usually have much better control and are less likely to take you out in a turn. I've experience way too much "pony tail rage" at track days. Racers are usually better with the faster girls, than the TD regulars.
    Roadracer_Al likes this.
  4. Tripped1

Tripped1 Smoove, Smoove like velvet.

Oddometer:
    Just don't race with any bike that you basically aren't willing to push off of your roof.

You ARE going to break it.
    ZiaThunder likes this.