Tracking App/device

Discussion in 'Trip Planning' started by cnw126, Sep 26, 2015.

1. tstang

tstang Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have a SPOT 3, and in my experience traveling through the Americas, it really really sucks once you get into South America. In Canada and the U.S., I had no problems, but in Colombia, Ecuador, and now Peru, I send nightly check-in messages with maaaybe a 20% success rate. The really annoying part is, I get a confirmation message every time, even when the messages don't send. To make up for it, I usually just send 5 or 6 messages, and at least one will usually go through.
  2. Gone_Ridin

Gone_Ridin Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    InReach SE is awesome, has an excellent Sat network and can be used to link your smart phone through(Social media etc) when you don't have cell service. Reasonable price and subscription rates
  3. mississippimadman

mississippimadman Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have "life 360" on my phone it works pretty good
  4. Vin

Vin Hopeless Addict

Oddometer:
    Another bump for Life 360. As long as you are between cell towers its OK. There are some definite delays. My wife has her app set up to notify her when I get home. Sometimes we'll be sitting down to dinner when her phone gives off the distinct "Cris is home" tone.
  5. JRWooden

JRWooden Homeless motorcycle vagabond ... and ... loving it

Oddometer:
  6. CranialDirf

CranialDirf n00b

Oddometer:
    I am currently trying Foxwell scanner https://bestobd2scanners.com/foxwell/ because my previous scan tool was so old now and not working. So far I like this scanner and really suits my need.