Tracks around NoVA (Culpeper and points West)?

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Northeast, Southeast & Florida' started by Liberator, Oct 11, 2016.

1. Liberator

Liberator Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looking for some tracks to get me from Culpeper, VA area (think Rt. 211), over the mountains into the Bergton, VA area. Gravel/dirt, nothing too technical. Just really not wanting ride slab the entire time just to get over there.
  2. Brett737cap

Brett737cap Life is short... leave with no regrets.

Oddometer:
    Get a Delorme Virginia Atlas & Gazetteer. Most of the Fire Roads (FR) are dirt. From 211, near the top of the Masanutten range, take FR 274 into Fort Valley. Its dirt and gravel. Once in Fort Valley, take the Edinburgh Gap road and go to the Edinburgh Gap ORV area for some good jeep trails. There are also a bunch of easy dirt fire roads along the crests of Fort Valley (1702, 65). If you want to go a little further west, Rte 259 is an awesome ride up to Rte 50. You can take a dirt road across the hills through the GW forest, I think its Crooked Run to Mathias, but its been years since I did it, so I'm not 100% on that.
    FDSR_MIKE and Liberator like this.
  3. Liberator

Liberator Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks much!
  4. Ecruzin

Ecruzin Adventurer

Oddometer:
    You will need a permit to ride the Edinburg Gap ORV trails. You can buy them at the Fort Valley Country store. A cool extension to the ride listed above is to continue North on Fort Valley Rd for a few miles. Take a left onto Woodstock Tower Rd (dirt) just past the country store, which brings you out on Rt 11 in Woodstock.
    Turn left onto Rt 11. Head south a few miles and take a left onto Edinburg Gap Rd. From there you can hit the ORV trails or head back to Luray and Rt 211.