Trail Ride geared for bringing your Gal

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by katoom525, Sep 13, 2004.

1. katoom525

katoom525 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    On Sunday October 17 we are going to meet at the trail head for the cheese head trail in Monroe Wisc.. I recomend ( depending on your signifcant other) ( I might see if Moto Joe will ride bitch with me--LOL) Trailering (blasfamy) to the start. That will make it easier on her. We will depart @ 10:30 sharp, that should give them a chance put on some makeup! Ride for short spurts, maybe a half hour at a time, stop at the Gas stations(potty stops) along the way. At around thrity miles out there is a nice tavern that likes bikes and will cook burgers for us.
    After lunch we could turn around and ride back or continue on depending on the day and moods of you know who.
    The scenery should be awsome with the trees in full color. There are train bridges, and some rock cutouts, twists and turns, but nothing that a five year old couldn't navigate. The trail is packed gravel, and groomed regularly. The trail is around 6 feet wide, with trees on both side and a nice canopy of foliage overhead.
    It should be a great way to share our sport with the ones we love(Moto Joe).
    Any way all are welcome, with or with out passangers. And any wives/girlfreinds/daughters/sons that ride are also welcome. This will be a slow pace scenic tour. License plates are not needed. You will have to buy a trail pass.Trailpasses are $6 ,They can be bought at the local gas stations etc.. Gas is available along the way, but please gas up prior to start.
  2. LIP

LIP Open Mouth and insert LEG

Oddometer:
    I am a tentative for the 10/17 ride. I will plan on it, but no telling if the wifey will decide to join. Hopefully the weather will still be great!

LIP
  3. The Fist

The Fist Knulp

Oddometer:
    Might I recommend that you choose, as a meeting place, the town that has the tavern. I can't recall the name of the town, but, it has a decent little campground directly behind it and would serve as a much better place to meet. Then, you could go either north or south from your meeting place and then do the other direction after lunch.

The trailhead in Monroe can be quite the clusterf*ck while the campground could be a better place to hang out, grill, etc. (there is also a park adjacent to the campground).....

JMO -- I'll try and make it out there; still trying to find a good bike for lil' lady....
  4. katoom525

katoom525 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Fisto- do you know any directions, or how, where this picnic area is? how do we direct others there?
  5. The Fist

The Fist Knulp

Oddometer:
    Im pretty sure that the town is called Darlington, WI--

Its right smack in the middle of the trail...

We should try and remember the name of the restaurant we ate at... then I can cross check its address...

Anyone ???
  6. kfsinc

kfsinc Chaingolian Observer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Jim:

Sorry for the mis-directed call earlier today...but thanks for the heads up on this, sounds like fun! Wife isn't much of a rider, but may bring my daughter.

As for the restaurants in Darlington, MS Streets has Strawbery Hill, Pizza Pantry, and Towne House within 2 miles.

Expect me when you see me...
  7. Fireman88

Fireman88 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Jim:

I am in for the 17th Cheese Trail ride. I think Jill is in as well. She will confirm with Mother in Law that she can check on the kids periodically that day.

Rusty
  8. Skinner

Skinner Mr.KTM

Oddometer:
    C'mon Mcd, lets round up few more. We could even have a BBQ at the half way or something.

Mostly just just looking for a simple two up ride, bring the wife, daughter, son, GF whoever.
  9. Phloodpants

Phloodpants Freelance subversive

Oddometer:
    Color me tentative...I'll be in Chicago that morning, but if I don't party too hard the previous night, I can ride up in the morning.
  10. Phloodpants

Oddometer:
    Oh, and does anyone know how to get on the trail from that green dotted line to the northeast? That's closer to my house than Mineral point. What's the nearest intersection? GPS waypoint maybe?
  11. McD

McD Nothing

Oddometer:
    count me in as a possible, depends on her getting the day off (work sucks). I'm kinda in the doghouse for taking off for ten hours yesterday to ride up there and this might make up for that transgression. :nod We would have to trailer she'd hate the ride up.
  12. Skinner

Skinner Mr.KTM

Oddometer:
    Thats ok, my bike is so used to the trailer that when I take her out she just heads right for it. Just like an old horse.

I might just have my wife drive around the block a few times with me on the bike, on the trailer.

:ricky
  13. skeeter

skeeter Captain Safety

Oddometer:
    The only waypoint that I remembered to save when we were there Sunday was at the trailhead in monroe. There is a good sized parking lot there for people who trailer their bikes.
    it is: N 42deg 35.543min and W 89deg 39.878min
  14. Phloodpants

Oddometer:
    Thanks Skeeter!
  15. Skinner

Skinner Mr.KTM

Oddometer:
    I have a couple buddies that will be on quads and so will their wifes, so that adds another four along for the scenic trail ride.