Trail Stand - Enduro and Dual Sport Portable Jack Stand

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by sTE610vE, Jan 2, 2010.

1. kainam00

kainam00 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just put in an order. I'm planning to use this for the upcoming Alcan trip, so crossing my fingers that I can get it before I head out around August 15th. Anything you can do to expedite is absolutely appreciated!
  2. sTE610vE

sTE610vE First on the brakes, last on the gas...

Oddometer:
    Thanks kainam00, I will do the best I can to get you fixed up for your trip.
    Just to remind others
    I have shipped several hundred to get caught up and unfortunately I am back in the vicious cycle of demand out pacing supply. As I have stated before finding a vendor to make parts at a price in the U.S. that gives the Trail Stand a reasonable sales price is very difficult. This is a part time business for me and the machinist that makes the parts for me, that is the only way I have found to get them at a price point that works.

So after filling all the orders I am back in the position of waiting 4-6 weeks for more.

Orders will be filled in the order they come in and shipping info will be sent when parts are available and shipment is on the way. Thanks again for all the orders and the patience.
    9Realms likes this.
  3. sajor

sajor Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    HI, do you currently have your trail stand in stock.
  4. Swashbuckler

Swashbuckler Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I just ordered one last week and was notified of a 4-6 week backorder. I was hoping not, but it’s understandable.
  5. PropTP

PropTP Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Works like a charm both for the front and rear tire!

IMG_20180810_151200.jpg IMG_20180810_140449.jpg
    sTE610vE and jdubb75 like this.
  6. Manray

Manray Killing Time

Oddometer:
    Hi Steve, got my Trail Stand a while back after a short wait...thank you. I just added a sidestand enlarger to my bike. Using the same force as before, I can't pivot the bike on the kickstand to install the Trail Stand. Perhaps I'm not pushing hard enough but any tricks to lifting the bike up with a sidestand enlarger installed?
    IMG_5047.jpg
  7. sTE610vE

Oddometer:
    Hi Manray,
    As I am sure you know when you add height to your kickstand you move the center of gravity of the bike more upright and transferring some of the weight the kickstand is holding back to the wheels, which in turn make the bike harder to lift. I'm guessing you have a big bike? When people ask about the weight the Trail Stand can support I tell them the limiting factor isn't as much the bike as how much you lift putting it in place. When placing it under the frame near the right footpeg to lift the rear wheel I generally use my hip and left hand to lift and then place the Trail Stand with my right hand. On the front I turn the wheel to the left and then kneel down and push straight up on the throttle side of the handlebar and place the stand in a hole on the front of a metal skidplate strong enough to hold the bike up. I list on my website that the KTM 950 is the upper limit for use of the stand.

One other way to make lifting the rear easier is to find something like a thin rock if you are out riding, or stick or something an inch or so tall and roll the rear wheel up on it and with the kickstand and place the stand by lifting slightly, locking the front brake of course, and turning the rear wheel to get the rock out from under the wheel. Of course it has to be high enough to account for the suspension pre-load when your done. ONLY lift the bike high enough to get the job done, lifting the bike higher puts more weight on the kickstand and can make some bike less stable.

As always take care to be safe, this is a jack stand after all and you need to treat it with caution and never put your self or someone else (or let pets) in any position that if you have a problem with soft ground or the bike or the stand itself and the bike falls (which I have never had happen in all the years I've used it) that anyone can be hurt. It's always a good idea if your have friend near to stand by and make sure the bike stays stable too, safety first and refer to the instructions included. This is a tool that works well but since your using it to hold weight it should be used with caution, it is a mechanical device and just as all mechanical devices can have problems care must be used. You are the ultimate one that has to use your own judgement to remain safe. Yes that's the disclaimer, just felt it was a good idea to remind anyone that may read this. :D
  8. sTE610vE

Oddometer:
    by the way, looking at your picture I see a board under your kickstand, that of course raises the c.g. and increases the weight on the wheels too, I assume you are not trying to lift the bike with the board under the sidestand as well as the enlarger which I assume adds height?
  9. Manray

Manray Killing Time

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the suggestion to put something under the rear wheel. FYI, I tried to lift the bike up with the sidestand enlarger in contact with the cement floor (no wood board to increase height). My bike is under 450 lbs so the weight is not the issue. After installing the sidestand enlarger, using the same force as before I was unable to pivot the bike so assumed it was the larger sidestand contact area being the problem. Anyway, I will give it another go with your suggestion....safety first.
  10. kainam00

kainam00 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Used my trailstand extensively on the trip to Alaska. Works great to get the wheels of a loaded KTM 690ER off the ground for tire changes and chain maintenance. Once you figure out the technique you can do it by yourself and the bike is very stable - especially on pavement. The front brake holder velcro is a nice touch.

Thanks for a great product!
    sTE610vE likes this.
  11. Manray

Manray Killing Time

Oddometer:
    Put a 1" thin board underneath the rear wheel. Proceeded to lift the bike and was able to install the Trail Stand with ease. Added tilt of the bike definitely made tipping the bike up easier. Thanks for the tip and thumbs up for a great product and customer service.
    sTE610vE likes this.