Trail Stand - Enduro and Dual Sport Portable Jack Stand

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by sTE610vE, Jan 2, 2010.

1. mo_rider

mo_rider the dude abides Supporter

Oddometer:
    She gets it done and more :raabia
  2. Ohio_Danimal

Ohio_Danimal If I die trying, at least I tried Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just placed my order.
    Will be taking it with me on my ride to Ushuaia from Ohio starting this May 7th.

No problems getting it to me by then Steve?

RTW Paul recommended it. It'll be replacing the Snapjack I used on the first part of my trip last year. Looks like top quality bit of kit. Will save me space and weight, and the fact that I couldn't find a way to lift the front of my DR with the Snapjack.
  3. sTE610vE

sTE610vE First on the brakes, last on the gas...

Oddometer:
    It's on the way today, I am getting low but no problem with yours today. I had to look up Ushuaia, good luck on your trip hope you only use the Trail Stand to lube your chain!
    Ohio_Danimal likes this.
  4. Bigredwelder

Bigredwelder Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just ordered one. Thanks for making this. Was going to piece something together myself, but at your price point, it didn't make sense to spend the time.
  5. sTE610vE

Oddometer:
    Hi Bigredwelder, Thanks a lot for the order, unfortunately I just shipped the last I had in stock. The good news is my vendor has a limited amount sent to the finish plater's and they should be back in about a week. I am traveling at the end of next week so it might be early in the week of the 15th when it ships. Email with shipping info is sent to you when I create the shipping label so that will give you a heads up. I also sent you an email with this info, sorry for the delay but it should be relatively short.
    Thanks again!
  6. Bigredwelder

Oddometer:
    No worries. Thanks for letting me know.
    sTE610vE likes this.
  7. Yeravener

Yeravener n00b

Oddometer:
    Right behind Bigredwelder in line....I just ordered one as well.

Lay my bike over on the trail? What!? And scratch my hand guard, or worse? Oh, the inhumanity!! hahahaha!

Seriously, I looked at several products and my main criteria is that the weight and size be as low as possible while still accomplishing the mission. Others are too big/heavy....this one is the goldilocks model.....just right:-)
  8. mnmlst

mnmlst mnmlst

Oddometer:
    Hey Steve:

Ever thought about making the strap, the bag..? A piece of tubular webbing, that the tool fits in, pouch with the strap sewn through it or piece of spectra/Kevlar miniature ridiculous-cord that stuffs in one half of the tool... just thoughts.
  9. sTE610vE

Oddometer:
    Thanks Yeravener!

Yes the Trail Stand only weighs 10 ounces and packs smaller than anything else and does more! I've seen a knock off or two but they are pretty much a clunky crutch thing, if thats what you want fine but if most riders saw them side by side I think they would pick the Trail Stand, and it's made in the U.S.
    Yeravener likes this.
  10. sTE610vE

Oddometer:
    Hey mnmlst,
    I have thought about it buy frankly I have enough trouble just getting the steel parts made in enough quantity to keep up with demand. Maybe one of these days I can look into that sort of thing but I've always thought the extra cost might be a problem too.
    Thanks for the input though, I always like feed back!
    EBR458 likes this.
  11. mnmlst

mnmlst mnmlst

Oddometer:
    sTE610vE likes this.
  12. PR61

PR61 old noob

Oddometer:
    Just placed my order.
    sTE610vE likes this.
  13. WildSilo

WildSilo n00b

Oddometer:
    Just ordered one. A colleague will bring it back for me to South Africa. Should work well on my 800XC.
    sTE610vE likes this.
  14. CharlesH

CharlesH Support those who support you.

Oddometer:
    Placed my order!
  15. Bigredwelder

Oddometer:
    Got my stand today. Thanks, it looks and works great. Appears to hold up to the weight of a 1090 ok as well. Probably not what its designed for, but it will work fine for me none the less.

What I appreciate more than the product though, is your direct and honest response letting me know you were out of stock, and then following up and shipping when you said you would. Unfortunately, honesty and being direct with a customer seems to be getting rarer and rarer these days, but you are doing a great job communicating while selling a kick ass product at a good price point. Keep it up! Thanks!
  16. Berty222

Berty222 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Are you in stock of your trail stand and could you ship in time for it to get in Lake Placid, NY by May 17th , at the latest?
  17. sTE610vE

Oddometer:
    Hi Berty,
    I am out of parts right now, I am working with my vendor to get them back in stock asap, let me touch base with him and I will respond to your email that you sent to see if there is something I can do to make your date needed.
    Sorry for the late reply, was traveling with the wife and it's hard to stay on top of things then.
  18. Berty222

Berty222 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sounds Good! Thanks!
    sTE610vE likes this.
  19. Fixin2

Fixin2 n00b

Oddometer:
    Looks like a great product. Just placed my order. Thanks!
    sTE610vE likes this.
  20. PR61

PR61 old noob

Oddometer:
    I haven't found a suitable way to lift the front of my KTM 500exc with this. Any ideas, pictures ?