Trail Stand - Enduro and Dual Sport Portable Jack Stand

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by sTE610vE, Jan 2, 2010.

1. StevenD

StevenD Hmmmm, dirt!

Oddometer:
    Hi folks,
    is there a distributor in europe? I'd love to get me a stand but shipping from the US works out to nearly double the price.
    J.Mo likes this.
  2. Oldcow

Oldcow Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sent an email in today for shipping cost to eastern Canada and availability. Hoping to get one for a trip to Labrador July 12th.

Oldcow
  3. sTE610vE

sTE610vE First on the brakes, last on the gas...

Oddometer:
    It's only sold throught the website, all the international shipping costs went up a few years ago, I wish I knew a less expensive method but about $23 international first class is the best I can find. If anyone knows anything cheaper let me know, I've checked UPS, FEDEX and DHL of course.
  4. sTE610vE

Oddometer:
    Got it and sent the reply, I have parts and will be caught up on shipments over the weekend. Thanks for the order!
  5. StevenD

StevenD Hmmmm, dirt!

Oddometer:
    Alright. Is shipping multiple stands the same? I can ask around here if there are more takers..
  6. Luckycharms

Luckycharms Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Does the package weigh less than 4 lbs? If so you might be able to use these guys - https://www.pirateship.com/usps/first-class-package-international
  7. Oldcow

Oldcow Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    :clap
  8. sTE610vE

Oddometer:
    I can ship 2 for the same shipping price, so that would cut it down to about $12 for each for shipping.
  9. sTE610vE

Oddometer:
  10. sTE610vE

Oddometer:
    Hi PR61, I dont have any pics of a 500 exc front wheel lift, in general find or drill a hole in the skidplate on the right upper front side (brake side) and if it leans over too much when you use it place something under the kickstand (like a board) to get the bike back close to being more straight up and down, not quite vertical but leaning towards the kickstand. This will put more downforce on the Trail Stand. If the rear wheel tries to rotate around the kickstand block it from moving. This may help or not, not sure what the issues are that you are having, really tall bikes can have different issues. Pics always help. Thanks
    KaptSlo likes this.
  11. Motoriley

Motoriley Still riding like crap after all these years.

Oddometer:
    Used this twice on Monday. Buddy had one so instead of pulling out my saw and cutting a branch as usual I gave it a try. Worked beautifully. Since I pinched the tube on install I got to use it again 5 minutes later! Worked beautifully again. The skidplate on my 701 has slots and it locked in there like it was made to fit. I still wouldn't travel without my little saw but i did order two these (same shipping). So now I will have a stand and a perfect gift for some old git a ride with.
    beefcake morris, sTE610vE and Nick MN like this.
  12. cruiser77

cruiser77 n00b Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks for making these sir. I ordered one a bit ago. I would have killed for one of these on Monday. Soloing on a WR and punctured the rear on a brand new galvanized nail... laid the bike over onto all my luggage and did a change. Lining up the swing arm/hub/brake caliper/opposite side of swing arm is a PITA with a bike on its side. Loaded all the crap back on the bike, and drove ten minutes down the road and punctured the rear again on a rusty old screw. Not sure how it's even possible to have luck like that, but I had it. Ordered one of these today. When you're fully prepared nothing happens... or you don't remember it! I realized a few things while flat on the side of the road... I need a way to prop it up... I need some work gloves on the bike... I need a work rag, piece of plywood, or a piece of cardboard to lay the hubs on to keep grit out of the hub... I need some soap/lube in my tire kit... I love my Motion Pro spoons/axle wrenches... I love my Bead Buddy... I love spare tubes... I love core removers... I love my hand pump... I love my hydration pack... And misery is a good teacher. :D I met a lot of cool people who stopped to offer help and water! Headed to AZ one flat at a time.jpg

Side topic - does anyone have a good trick for lining up the valve stem with the hole... about flipping lost my mind a few times trying to get the stem through the wheel. It's easy when you're replacing the entire tire, but man when it's just one sidewall free it sucks! I'm going to put a pair of hemostats in my kit and see if that helps at all. I was also thinking maybe dental floss around the stem, thread through hole, pull it through. I've owned this bike for about 14 months, and had 4 tire punctures (2 nails, 1 pallet staple, 1 screw) so I need to get the routine down with my luck.
  13. jbc_fr

jbc_fr n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi Steve,
    I have used your product that a friend has and I loved it.

Here is a picture in Marocco :
    [​IMG]

I'm now looking for a bulk order for some friends and I in France.
    When I put 5 off in your online sales system, the freight charge become crazy (500$ !!)

I did send you an email about this, could you please confirm you got it ?
    Let me know your best conditions for 5 off or 10 off.

Many thanks,
    JB
  14. EvergreenE

EvergreenE Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Is the Europe order still a go? I'm in the Balkans/Greece.
  15. dstutz

dstutz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    1) One of these: https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/moose-racing-3-way-valve-core-tool
    And/Or
    2) Pop both beads off and use the "over-over" method where you lever both sidewalls off *over* the rim so the rim is encased in the tire and loose. You have more room to get a hand in that way. Helped a buddy patch/replace a front tube on his 800GS twice in one day this way. You can also get the tube lined up with a little air in it on the rim and jam the rim into the tire this way. This is how I do changes on my 701 with Tubliss.
    KaptSlo, cruiser77 and sTE610vE like this.
  16. Luckycharms

Luckycharms Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    cruiser77 and sTE610vE like this.
  17. cruiser77

cruiser77 n00b Supporter

Oddometer:
    Those valve stem tools look like the ticket. Thanks!
    sTE610vE likes this.
  18. sTE610vE

Oddometer:
    Thanks cruiser77! Yes the Trail Stand is one of those tools that can make a bad situation better. I also agree that the more prepared you are the less trouble you have! Thanks for the order, it's ready to go just couldn't quite make the shipping deadline today will go first thing in the morning!
    cruiser77 likes this.
  19. sTE610vE

Oddometer:
    Hey JB!
    Yes I got your email, the reason for the high shipping cost over 2 internationally is frankly the cost of shipping. I put the high price on it because paypal cant just so no in general. Let me get a quote for what 5 will cost to France and I'll let you know. Also it looks like you need a new foot for the one you have which I will be happy to include if the shipping cost works out.
    Thanks again!
  20. MotoMinded

MotoMinded Rally On Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Ordering one asap. Will be helpful when we do not have a big brother 990 to step in with a shoulder to help. :)

IMG_20190714_190258_01.jpg
    sTE610vE and Davethestick like this.