Trail Stand - Enduro and Dual Sport Portable Jack Stand

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by sTE610vE, Jan 2, 2010.

1. Mountainman13

Mountainman13 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Mine paid for itself within the first 20 minutes of dirt on the AZBDR. Lets the bike be shockingly stable all things considered as long as you're careful how you position it. Thankfully the only other times I've used it were to take the tires off one at a time to get them balanced at the shop.

DSC00602.JPG
    sTE610vE and RoyQ like this.
  2. RoyQ

RoyQ Long timer

Oddometer:
    Piece of cake supporting a Tenere 700. Awesome product! Took like a minute to prop it over. Didn’t even try the front wheel which will be even easier. Plan to hook it into one of the cutouts on the ACD skidplate. Stored it under the oem Rally seat cutout which is for the standard tool Kit location. I hope I never Need to use it but if I do I’m confident this thing will work just fine.

A33BE081-38BE-4B9D-AFA0-6AF4D8C0A5CA.jpeg
    MVI, cruiser77 and sTE610vE like this.
  3. bbenthin

bbenthin n00b

Oddometer:
    Just ordered mine. Simple, clean solution. No clanky center stand for my Africa Twin.
    sTE610vE likes this.
  4. Glenn247

Glenn247 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'd prefer to support a fellow inmate and US small business...

Still standing by for a Pandemic Pricing Promotion...
  5. bwringer

bwringer Gimpy, Yet Alacritous

Oddometer:
    On my V-Strom, there's a sort of tray under the seat. The OEM tool kit is strapped to a little perch in the back under the tail section, and my trail stand and spare levers bundled together sit in the tray. It's sort of tucked and jammed in there with the levers so things don't rattle around.

On my KLR650, it's strapped to one side of the rear carrier, sort of tucked under and around the turn signal. I use two velcro straps, and then I add a large zip-tie to keep it tight so it doesn't rattle. If I need it, I break or cut the zip-tie and use the straps to retain it once I'm done.

The one issue is that the foot likes to come unthreaded, so it's best to use a wrap of duct tape to make sure it's there when you need it. I also make sure I take them apart at least once a year to check for corrosion and apply a very light coat of grease to the slidy bits. The plating does a great job; I haven't had any issues with rust as with other trail stands I've had.
    boulet_boulet and MVI like this.
  6. Perun

Perun Been here awhile Super Supporter

Oddometer:
  7. sTE610vE

sTE610vE First on the brakes, last on the gas... Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yea, you can buy a big clunky "Chinese made crutch" that's true, for that matter you can cut off an aluminum real crutch, you can use a board a tree or a rock. But you cant find a more versatile stand that only weighs 10 ounces and packsup small and extends further than any stand I know of. That comes in handy for lifting the front wheel on tall bikes. Sometimes with tools you get what you pay for, which is what I consider the Trail Stand to be, a tool that when you need it you'll be glad you have it! (kinda bad form to post on a vendors own thread some "chinese crutch" don't you think? whatever, no worries, cheers :beer)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  8. MVI

MVI MVI Moto Supporter

Oddometer:

any update on P3 promotional pricing ?
    Glenn247 likes this.
  9. Randy

Randy Long timer

Oddometer:
    After having a flat in the middle of Nowhereville, GA, this past Sunday, and "getting by" with a rather sketchy approach...

IMG_0990.JPG

I decided I needed to get off my ass and make something... Looking around online for some ideas, I stumbled upon this thread. Once I saw it I remembered seeing them years ago, but at the time wasn't riding a bike where it was really needed so had forgotten them...

Considered cheaping out and just making something... for about ten minutes, then placed my order. :D

Yeah, I could make something functional for less. And was actually planning to make the old used crutches version. But hell. That means going to Goodwill, buying crutches, hacking them up, figuring out how to best accomplish a secure interface with the bike, etc... So, yeah, I could have saved a few bucks and made something functional. But what really got me was the slim form factor that should fit in my tool tube, or if not will fit in my fender bag (not shown in above photo). Plus, over ten years of being ADV tested and approved... Why waste the time building an inferior gadget? :loco

Will have to play around with it to see how to use it to lift the front. But, worse case, if I don't already have a suitable point, I'll have to drill a hole in the skid plate in the appropriate location....

Hope to have it stowed away before the next time I need it.... Or better yet, that it'll be like the umbrella that you never need simply because you have it with you...
    sTE610vE and Motoriley like this.
  10. c5ip

c5ip Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Got mine yesterday morning. Also had the unfortunate opportunity to use it in the afternoon in the middle of no where with a rear flat. Great product! Easy to use, light weight and stows small.

Attached Files:

Randy and sTE610vE like this.
  11. sTE610vE

Oddometer:
    [​IMG][/QUOTE]
  12. rhicks

rhicks Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ordered one yesterday. Another item off the checklist.
    sTE610vE likes this.
  13. Randy

Randy Long timer

Oddometer:
    I ordered and received one a couple of weeks ago after having a flat on the XT in the middle of nowhere. It was intended to go on that bike, but it never made it...

One of my other bikes is a Himalayan, and while it has a centerstand, it carries a good bit of weight forward of the stand's balance point. So, I'd been meaning to make something to use to put under the skid plate to get the front tire off the ground when/if needed. Once I received the Trail Stand, I looked at it and realized it was perfect. As luck would have it, that was the bike I rode that day. The Trail Stand went in with the rest of my tools on that bike. It takes up basically no space in my left front Lomo bag, alongside the spare tubes, irons, patch kit, air pump, etc.

Now, I need to order another.... Nice piece of kit. :thumb
    sTE610vE likes this.
  14. Randy

Randy Long timer

Oddometer:
    I just ordered my second one, if that means anything to those that may be on the fence...
    Glenn247 and sTE610vE like this.
  15. RamMan4x4

RamMan4x4 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The ES trail stand saved my ride in an unexpected way today. I lost the bolt for my clutch lever in a steep section several hours from anywhere. The Y-shaped part for the top of the trail stand was a perfect replacement and I was able to get another 4 hours of riding in.

Thanks for a great product!

20201017_202954.jpg
    EBR458, caribooster, dstutz and 2 others like this.
  16. sTE610vE

Oddometer:
    That's a new one! I like it, thanks for the post!
  17. MAXVERT

MAXVERT O.G. on da O.C.

Oddometer:
    Ibin :-) using these stands since version 1 BITD and upgraded to the 2nd gen when they came out .
    Pack up with my tire irons and long wrenches . Great product .

Max
    sTE610vE likes this.
  18. Dan D.

Dan D. Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Got mine today, thx.

Well made jig.

PXL_20201112_222538491-01.jpeg
    Motoriley and sTE610vE like this.
  19. sTE610vE

Oddometer:
    Always remember to use the Velcro strap Front Brake lock too! I know some use it on this point on the KTM790, I prefer a hard point near the right foot peg, with the foot flat on the ground, but of course its up to you to pick the spot that works best for you. :D

Thanks for the order and the post Dan!
    Dan D. likes this.
  20. Dan D.

Dan D. Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Copy that. I always strap the brake, just as a habit, since I run a rekluse. Good info though.

Thx
    sTE610vE likes this.