Trail Stand - Enduro and Dual Sport Portable Jack Stand

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by sTE610vE, Jan 2, 2010.

1. grace

grace Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    he's a fellow inmate and it costs $40 -seemingly not expensive. he makes it in the USA.

compared many less useful products that we purchase for our bikes that cost considerable more, this price seems fair. no doubt someone could make it in china and sell it for $10 and, given the choice, i would much rather invest in one of our own and encourage others to pursue similar ventures.
  2. Randy

Randy Long timer

Oddometer:
    I agree!

Pandemic pricing??? I mean, Jesus H! Just buy one already. Otherwise, may you have a flat on your next ride while you try to save five bucks... Really?? :rolleyes

Besides, in case you haven't noticed, the "pandemic" has spurred sales in many areas, including bikes and bike related products.

It's well made, very compact, and worth the price. Hell, I bought two just so I could have a dedicated one for two different bikes. Or, I guess one could buy a cheap, bulky China POS and save a few $.... :dunnoThen again, were not talking "break the bank" funds, now are we?...
    Ginger Beard, Eltjo, sTE610vE and 2 others like this.
  3. Glenn247

Glenn247 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Still standing by for Pandemic Pricing, Off-Season Promotion, or New Year's Special...

Looking forward to having this cool, Made in USA product on-hand, some day...
  4. norton73

norton73 drinkin' in the garage Supporter

Oddometer:
    I like it when the BMW and KLR riders self identify....
  5. Dan D.

Dan D. Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I wouldn't sell him one, even if he offered to pay double.
    sprink and Glenn247 like this.
  6. oPAULo

oPAULo jack of all terrain Supporter

Oddometer:
    Another 5 star review for Enduro Star trail stand. It's very compact and versatile in the way it can be deployed. 1.2 ounces heavier than the old guard crutch leg but......c'mon man...just look at it. It took me 2 seconds to find a place to hook it and lift the bike. I'll get the skid plate back on and figure out lifting the front end next. Would recommend. 5 stars.
    20201226_165908.jpg
    20201226_170339.jpg
    Ginger Beard, boulet_boulet and grace like this.
  7. oPAULo

Oddometer:
    For those balking at the 40 dollar price tag, I was a machinist for 27 years and was heavily involved in high speed production automotive parts that went through several processes so I obviously had a closer look with my scrutinizing eyeballs. The bent up hook piece goes through a minimum of 4 different processes to achieve the final product. It has an extra step just to fit a 1/4 bolt in the eye of the bend that they don't even talk about in the instructions. The hollow tube has a heli-coil installed in it and the solid rod is counter bored before the threads to protect them and provide additional support to the bent up hook piece without ruining the threads. All the holes are perfectly spaced and centered in the rod and just look at those chamfers! Perfect! Then every piece is plated for corrosion resistance. 40 bucks is a bargain from where I sit and I feel like they take pride in the product they produce. I can see the pride in the piece and I don't even know who they are.
    20201226_181141.jpg
    20201226_181411.jpg
    20201226_181116.jpg
    perlx, MAXVERT, Motoriley and 12 others like this.
  8. Floyd Ward

Floyd Ward Adventurer

Oddometer:
    What if some body made a side stand for the right side. You could use one or both. That would seem safer that what is shown, as well as keeping the bike vertical to some degree.
  9. grace

Oddometer:
    not sure how that would work? by definition of a side stand, when one deployed the right side stand, the left side stand wouldn't reach the ground and vice versa, since the bike leaning on one side stand would leave the other side stand too short to reach the ground. i probably misunderstand what you envision. i'm daft like that.

how does what you propose differ from the function of a center stand?
  10. oPAULo

Oddometer:
    This tool is designed to be deployed in the field in an emergency situation. The alternative, which I have seen MANY times, is to throw the bike on the ground and jerk the wheel off and get to work and get back on the trail. This tool makes that operation just a tick more civilized and more with the quickness. Their instructions are filled with handy tips regarding safety such as, don't be under the machine in case it falls, get all your work done like break loose the axle, get the chain off the sprocket, have someone steady the machine while you jerk the wheel off, etc....
    Your suggestion makes me feel bad for the manufacturer and I can't help but wonder how many dough head questions they have fielded over the last 11 years.
    Luckycharms likes this.
  11. Dan D.

Dan D. Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I think he's looking for training wheels...
    oPAULo likes this.
  12. Floyd Ward

Floyd Ward Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Ya your right, it wouldnt work. Both would have to be long enough to get wheel off the ground making them useless individualy. Back to the drawing board.
    oPAULo likes this.
  13. Floyd Ward

Floyd Ward Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I can imagine ideas get canned all the time. Probably many more if i was involve in R&D. haha
    grace and oPAULo like this.
  14. oPAULo

Oddometer:
    No doubt buddy and I'm all for thinking and inventing new things. But this isn't the place for the pontification of pipe dreams.:D
  15. dhally

dhally Hammerhead Supporter

Oddometer:
    The bolt through the hook might help lifting my front wheel. Haven't tried that yet.
  16. dhally

Oddometer:
    When I tested mine in the garage, the foot threatened to slip on the slick floor. It now has some foam rubber stuck on it, works great.
  17. grace

Oddometer:
    good thing trails -or parking lots- aren't like your garage floor
    Luckycharms and RamMan4x4 like this.
  18. dhally

Oddometer:
    No but underground parking garages are:-)
    oPAULo and grace like this.
  19. sTE610vE

sTE610vE First on the brakes, last on the gas... Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just a reminder that I have found it's best to use the Trail Stand with the foot FLAT ON THE FLOOR or ground like in the pic below. You want the bike in a stable position with significant weight on the Trail Stand for stability. And of course the real key to Stability when lifting the rear wheel is using the FRONT BRAKE STRAP LOCK! Don't mean to "yell" :D Just wanted to emphasize that for those that might just skim the text, I see pics of people using it without locking the front brake lifting the rear wheel that makes HUGE different in stability. See Pic's Below

When you place the Trail Stand to lift the Front or Rear Wheel and keep it vertical and with the Front Brake Lock when lifting the rear it is Very Stable. To improve stability on front or rear put a spacer (board or flat rock) under the kickstand to keep the bike more upright and more down force on the Trail Stand when the it is in place, don't over-tip it onto the kickstand. Most bikes don't need this but some do.

Don't rely on friction of the foot when using the Trail Stand, its not intended to used at an angle, all bikes and situations are different, so you can decide the best way to use it for you. If it's used correctly it is very stable.

It's really not hard, as with a lot of things it can be difficult to describe simple things concisely in text.
    :D

Thanks for all the orders, it was the best year yet for the Trail Stand!

[​IMG]
    Trail Stand placed Vertically with Foot Flat on Floor

[​IMG]
    Front Brake Strap lock for greater stability when lifting Rear Wheel

[​IMG]
    Trail Stand placed vertically for lifting Front Wheel, with sufficient down for stability and bike in gear.
  20. oPAULo

Oddometer:
    It's also a fantastic place to carry gorilla tape and electrical tape on the trail!!
    20201227_132604.jpg