Trail Stand - Enduro and Dual Sport Portable Jack Stand

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by sTE610vE, Jan 2, 2010.

1. M1Jeep

M1Jeep Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi Steve, I didn't get home until late yesterday evening and didn't get a chance to take a pic. I've been reading the follow up posts and will go ahead and take the plate off and drill a few holes in it as a lifting point. Thanks again.

-Rich

2. sTE610vE

sTE610vE First on the brakes, last on the gas...

Oddometer:
    No problem at all M1. :D
    You want to locate a hole the furthest forward and outboard that you can while still leaving enough material for support. I would not get any closer to the edge than about 1 inch just to be safe and you need some room behind it so the cradle of the Trail Stand doesn't contact the engine cases. Also I would probably wait until you get a Trail Stand to get an idea where the best spot will be.
  3. sTE610vE

Oddometer:
    Hi Emmbeedee, your correct sometimes you have to get creative out in the field with a bike that doesn't have a good spot to support. I've always been able to figure out something. Sometimes it's not a real stable point and what you do is hold the bike steady while the front wheel is pulled and reinstalled. Then of course you let the Trail Stand hold the bike while the flat is being fixed. One of the best ways to stablize a bike for removing the front wheel is just to put a foot on the right side of the rear tire on the ground, that stop the bike from wanting to rotate around the kickstand.

Like I state in the instructions, all bikes are different and you have to decide what will work safely and what won't. I've always been able to figure something out but it's not fool proof, like any jack stand of course.

Here's a pic with a very good spot for a stand to lift the front wheel for reference

[​IMG]
  4. Emmbeedee

Emmbeedee Procrastinators

Oddometer:
    Well the left hole (looking from the front of the bike) in the engine guard works just fine to hold the DR650SE front wheel off the ground. I had no trouble getting it up on the stand, and shook the bike as if I was taking the wheel off and it was stable.

[​IMG]

The back brake was locked; you might be able to see the green bungee cord holding the pedal down, wrapping around the bottom of the frame to the other side of the bike. I wasn't able to find a way to use the velcro strap to hold the brake, but I've always got a bungee around so that's good enough.
  5. sTE610vE

Oddometer:
    Nice pic's Emmbeedee
    Yep since most bikes are different in that area lifting the front will vary. As long as you are happy with the stablility that is what is important. I see you discovered that having the bikes kickstand elevated with the board puts more downforce on the stand and adds to stablity. A flat rock will do the same in the field if necessary on some bikes.
  6. sTE610vE

Oddometer:
    Getting a new run of Trail Stands into today!

Fixin a flat is an obvious use, but don't forget lubing your chain and you can also using it to steady your bike when it's parked in high winds when you camping for instance.

Got an idea for another use of a Trail Stand or any of it's parts, post it up:ear

[​IMG]
  7. Flashmo

Flashmo Whatever...

Oddometer:
    This still ranks as one of the best purchases I have made for the bike. Thanks Steve.
  8. sTE610vE

Oddometer:
    Thanks Flashmo!
    When you find yourself or a friend with a flat it sure makes it easier to deal with and get back riding asap. :ricky
    Not to mention extending your chain life by being able to lube it virtually anywhere....
  9. sTE610vE

Oddometer:
    I've done some GROUP BUYS to reduce shipping both INTERNATIONALLY and DOMESTICALLY.:D

If you are interested in organizing a group buy on a local riding forum or club post your questions here.

I've had quite a bit of interest from BCF (Bike Chat Fourms) in England, I just wanted to say I can ship up to 5 Trail Stands to one address for $15.
    If you guys wants to do a group buy! I think there would be a customs fee on that value but I'm not sure, you probably have a better idea.
  10. drivefastandswerve

drivefastandswerve Indianapolis

Oddometer:
    Looks like a great product and after reading every single link, I'm forced to order one!

have to keep up with the Jones and all of that good stuff!

- chuck :puke1
  11. sTE610vE

Oddometer:
    Hey Chuck! It will be on the way first thing tomorrow......can't let Jones get too far ahead of ya :D

Thanks for the order and the post!

Another one of my favorite pics on the Trail Stand in action....in Baja with a flat, no sticks no rocks just sand.....
    [​IMG]
  12. michael.brat

michael.brat Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just bought one; looking forward to using it :)

Mike
  13. sTE610vE

Oddometer:
    Hi Mike, it will be on the way in the morning!
    I've got a new run and plenty on hand, so thanks for the order and for the post!:thumb

[​IMG][/IMG]
  14. sTE610vE

Oddometer:
    I just wanted to let the inmates here know that I will be off on a motorcycle adventure Thursday afternoon and wont be shipping again until Monday. If I get your order before 8 a.m. US Central Time Thursday I will get it shipped, otherwise it will go out Monday.

There will be some down time next week too after Monday, I gotta get some riding in too! :ricky If you've been thinking about ordering it would be good to do it today for fastest shipping! :ear

I will let anyone know who orders after 8 a.m. by email from my phone about the slight delay in case they don't see this.

Thanks for all the orders!
    Steve
  15. octane27

octane27 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Steve,
    Good to meet you this weekend and get to see Phil put your stand to work. I was going to buy one from you before I left for home on Sunday but didn't since I forgot about it. Guess who had a flat on the way home??? Luckily Mike had a stand with him and I was able to use his. As soon as I notice the rear was flat I was thinking "shit, I knew I should have bought one."

Ordering now.

Mike
  16. sTE610vE

Oddometer:
    Thanks Mike, I got yours shipped, I'm off on another adventure today so it will be a few days before I can ship more.
  17. One Less Harley

One Less Harley OH.THAT'S GONNA HURT

Oddometer:
    Here's mine used for pulling the swing arm from a DRZ 400S.

[​IMG]
  18. sTE610vE

Oddometer:
    Wow! Talk about field maintenance, what happened? :ear

19. sTE610vE

Oddometer:
    Down at the Eureka Springs Hillbilly ride the Trail Stand proved helpful even if you have a centerstand.
    And it always helps if there is a flat getting your group back on the trail.

[​IMG]
  20. One Less Harley

One Less Harley OH.THAT'S GONNA HURT

Oddometer:
    Doing some preventative maintenance on the DRZ in preparation for the TAT. I haven't bought any sort of stand to work on the bike and the floor jack wasn't sturdy enough. Held the bike firm even when whacking the swing arm pivot pin with a 2 pound hand sledge.

Purchased the bike last May, and all but one bearings in the swing arm and shock link were a nice rusty frozen muck!!!