Trans-Am 500 - the seven year itch

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by JMo (& piglet), Apr 29, 2015.

1. beechum1

beechum1 Dandole Gas al Burro

Oddometer:
    TM1(SS) likes this.
  2. JMo (& piglet)

JMo (& piglet) Unicorn breeder

Oddometer:
    MaNDan likes this.
  3. appliance57

appliance57 Long timer

Oddometer:
    JMo (& piglet) and MaNDan like this.
  4. JMo (& piglet)

Oddometer:
    Hee hee - for clarification that 'guy' is none other than the author of the overlander's bible, the Adventure Motorcycling Handbook (along with Sahaha Overland and many other detailed, informitative and entertaining books...)

[​IMG]

Chris will be riding his CB500X Adventure from the UK through Europe, Morocco and into Mauritania over the coming months, in prepartion of the release of the 7th edition of the Adventure Motorcycling Handbook.

There are a few photos from the Rally-Raid workshops the other week when Chris was having his kit personally fitted by John and Adam, here on the RRP Vendor thread.

Jx
  5. crashkorolyk

crashkorolyk just happy to ride

Oddometer:
    Just stumbled onto your R.R. and brilliant as usual Jenny,loved all the insights and photos of your trip.Now you have to get your arse back to Dakar!
    JMo (& piglet) likes this.
  6. JMo (& piglet)

Oddometer:
    If you've enjoyed the Trans-Am 500 ride report, then you might be interested in the following 'condensed' adventure ride that a group of us took more recently from Bend OR down to Overland Expo AZ (and back) this year - May 2016.

[​IMG]
    photo. on the Black Rock Desert playa, northern Nevada.

The full story starts HERE!.

Jenny x
  7. JMo (& piglet)

Oddometer:
    For anyone in the UK at the end of this month, the Overland [magazine] Event is being held over the weekend of 26-29th August, in Oxfordshire.

I'll be there with Rally Raid and the CB500X Adventure models of course, but will also be presenting two seminars/slide shows - the first as a condensed story of the Trans-Am 500 trip (with a Q&A session at the end of course):

[​IMG]

while the second presentation will focus on the tools, luggage and camping equipment I took on this trip, and further condensed for the CBXpo ride earlier this year:

[​IMG]

Hope some of you can make it, and look forward to seeing you there - it promises to be an excellent weekend of all things Overland and Adventure motorcycling!

Jenny x
    OB1UK, Lupin 3rd and garzan like this.
  8. rockydog

rockydog just a guy

Oddometer:
    hi Jenny, i am the yank who chatted with you at the English Hubb earlier this summer, talking about the cb500 at your display. 3 years ago went to the irish Hubb and the adventure film festival, enjoying all of it. the great part is that folks such as yourself, who have been out and about,
    are so free with sharing their wisdom, experiences and the crazy stuff that happens out here. have fun at the overlandevent....
  9. JMo (& piglet)

Oddometer:
    Just got the schedule for my two presentations at the Overland Event this coming weekend...

3pm on Friday 26th: American Idyll - crossing the USA on the Trans-Am Trail (TAT)

10.30am on Saturday 27th: Double or Nothing - hints and tips for packing light

Hope to see some of you there!

Jx
  10. JMo (& piglet)

Oddometer:
    Following on from above, if you enjoyed this ride report and/or want to re-live some of the highlights, there is now a condensed video version of the AV seminar I presented last summer at various Overland events in the UK and USA - here on Rally Raid's sister site: www.CB500XAdventure.com

Grab a coffee (tea, or beer) and enjoy the next 23 minutes!

Jenny x
    BugSpatteredJacket and rsteiger like this.
  11. Fat Chance

Fat Chance Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Site says video is restricted.
  12. MattF44

MattF44 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Restricted for me too.
  13. JMo (& piglet)

Oddometer:
    Yes, it was working earlier, but it appears there is a tech glitch at the moment.

I'll let you know when it's sorted!

Jx
  14. JMo (& piglet)

Oddometer:
  15. thorpedo

thorpedo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Epic video! Very enjoyable, sound track is perfect!!
  16. JMo (& piglet)

Oddometer:
    WDG, Nonja, Cuttle and 2 others like this.
  17. JMo (& piglet)

Oddometer:
    A nice summary of the Trans-Am 500 trip above here on the Bennetts BikeSocial online magazine, together with some photos of the Colorado sections of the TAT that I was finally able to ride this summer during the return leg of my Northern Exposure ride.

Plus do check out their related features profiling Rally Raid Products, and a dedicated test of the CB500X Adventure conversion.

Jx
    MaNDan likes this.
  18. roundhouse

roundhouse Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for sharing

I wanna do the TAT one day
  19. JMo (& piglet)

Oddometer:
    My pleasure!

If you want to know what the new eastern-most sections (in Virginia and North Carolina) are like too, I rode those earlier this year on the G310GS - full story in my latest (and ongoing) ride-report here: Beemer beemer, chicken deener!...

Jx
  20. Thaihaggis

Thaihaggis n00b

Oddometer:
    Jenny, I've just spent the last 12 hours going over your TAT trip and loved it, looking forward to reading and watching more of you're global adventures.