Trans America Trail in July. Riders wanted

Discussion in 'Americas' started by nix046, Dec 25, 2015.

1. nix046

nix046 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I am planning on riding the TAT from Nashville to Oregon in early July of 2016 and am seeking one or maybe two other riders. I have some limited experience with it from last year and have a good grasp of the logistics.

I am not an expert rider but not inexperienced either and will be riding a lightweight set up KTM 350 with the plan to mostly camp unless the weather is bad and a motel beckons.

If you are interested and not a whiner then please respond. If you are in Europe and are interested I could assist with bike purchase and planning. I live in the San Francisco area.

Brent

Attached Files:

2. HDLNR

HDLNR Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Not sure of my schedule that far off but I'll be keeping an eye on this.
  3. Strelok

Strelok Too weird to live, to rare to die.

Oddometer:
    My two roommates and I are planning on leaving at the same time as you, but we're heading to SF from TN. Maybe we'll pass you somewhere in the middle.
  4. jcramin

jcramin Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I live in Memphis and am new to adventure riding. I am a sport rider. I just bought a BMW G650GS. I've been thinking about doing a short TAT ride.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
  5. nix046

nix046 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Ok stay in touch
  6. nix046

nix046 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I also have a Sertao but i'm taking the KTM on this trip. This won't be a short trip-it's 5,500 miles
  7. nix046

nix046 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Ok. I'll look out for you

8. RedXRider

RedXRider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Subscribed to this thread.

Brent,
    I'm also tentatively planning a run on the TAT during the July-August 2016 timeframe. The decision point whether to go this year or not (alternate plan is summer 2017) will be around mid to late May. I'm located in Virginia, and have a couple other guys in the riding group that are thinking about doing it. If none of them can make it this year, I'm prepping to run it solo. If I decide to go, I'll likely open a separate thread for anyone who wants to hear about prep, equipment, packing list, and trip report. Bike is an XR650L.
    Bill
  9. nix046

nix046 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the note Bill. I will set a start date in about a month. When I get to that point we could confer again.
    Brent
  10. msteward

msteward Long timer

Oddometer:
    I maybe interested in possibly joining in if you don't mind another. I maybe on kinda of a time line, so I hope maybe I can make mine work with yours. Will be watching your post for your dates.
  11. nix046

nix046 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for that note. I have one maybe starter at this time but no one definite yet. I will consolidate my plans in the next few weeks. I see you are in Tennessee so at least you won't have far to go to start on the Trail.

Brent
  12. msteward

msteward Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yea the trail crosses just south of me maybe 30-45 minutes or so depending on where I will be at the time.
  13. RedXRider

RedXRider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Brent - I ran across your other thread about the TAT in 2015 - how did you hurt your Achilles? Bill
  14. Jon

Jon Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I may be headed through Nashville on my way about the same time as you and plan on doing the entire trail. I also have a Sertao and a 350 EXC-F but haven't decided what I am going to ride yet. Might even just ride a Honda CRF250L that I'll sell in OR when I am done. Just in the planning stages myself but also tend to travel light and tend to ride long days.
  15. usedtobefast

usedtobefast Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Brent - how are you getting your bike from CA to Nashville?

I live in CA and did the TAT from CO to OR about 5 years back. Been thinking about riding it CA->OR->CO and then not sure once in CO. :)

My bike is a Beta 520 RS.
  16. chase raven6

chase raven6 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I am interested but was planning August 1 give or take a week.
    carbonjunky and ruans187 like this.
  17. f800kris

f800kris Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ha! Got my attention. I live about 45 min west of nashville. Although I can't take the time from work to do 5k miles I had planned on doing the western portion of the TAT or just riding out to Colorado this year. So, I could quite possibly leave out after you at some point and meet out west somewhere. I'm planning 7 to 10 days for my entire trip. Only issue is I ride a r1200gsa. I can slab it out there to meet up easily but might run into issues when you guys want to hit the gnarly stuff. I can always do the big bike bypasses. Id be glad to give you my email address if needed. Btw I was a diesel mech for 12 years so Im also a nice person to have around. ;)
  18. HDLNR

HDLNR Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Following up ! I'm still thinking of leaving SC/GA area come summer for oregon and TAT would be the best way possible but I have zero interest in doing it alone hah.
  19. marcuslegood

marcuslegood yay

Oddometer:
    I'm planning on doing the trail in July I was thinking possibly the weekend after July 4th. I don't have a riding partner yet and would be interested in joining you. I was wanting to start at the ocean in NC though so I could meet in a couple days after I started unless you would be interested in adding a couple more days. I have the same plan to camp as much as possible and just a hotel every couple of days to clean up. Let me know if you would like to talk more.
  20. Balthazard

Balthazard Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi riders,
    July is also in the planning for me. Leaving from Montreal I would ride south to regroup with other riders. I could ride for 4weeks. I will be riding a KTM 1190R. Let me know if we can together.

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk