Trans America Trail in July. Riders wanted

Discussion in 'Americas' started by nix046, Dec 25, 2015.

1. kaspilo

kaspilo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm in Alma, Arkansas, about 13 miles south of the TAT closing RT71. Have Not done the entire TAT but living so close to it every so often I hit portions of it. The stretch from Oark to the Oklahoma line is pretty nice. But the other day we did the Oklahoma to the Illinois River /Tahleqhua region and it has lots of loose gravel... it was very rough riding, however, we had pretty good precipitation/rain in the las few days and maybe got packed some. Good eating at Oark cafe, a landmark for all kinds of bikers.

If I could be of any help please send me an email with your contact info and I will reply or call you.

Ride safe and enjoy your ride..
  2. Thunder-dog

Thunder-dog Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey inmates, in case you don't knowm "Etch-A-Sketch" started the real handy thread to keep up with departure dates. TAT 2016 Roll Call.
  3. BooBoo33

BooBoo33 n00b

Oddometer:
    Dang it!!! Dang it!! Dang it!!!
    After all the prep work and planning, I have to cancel my plans to make the thru ride this year. I'll be weeping softly as I read the ride report from y'all but happy for all of you out there enjoying the TAT.
    Be safe and please post those ride reports!!
  4. Thunder-dog

Thunder-dog Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:

BUMMER!!
  5. msteward

msteward Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well I rode with them today and left them at a camp site in Alabama by the lake. I hope to see some reporting.
  6. KCwithNoBand

KCwithNoBand n00b

Oddometer:
    Hello all!

I'm leaving July 6th and going west to east doing the TAT from Trinidad CO to NC on an 1190r. I hope to see you guys on the trail.
  7. msteward

msteward Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well look for the 2 aussies on KTM's loaded down. Not sure if Brent can post while on the road never asked him about that.
    I do know they have made it to New Albany MS today.
  8. KCwithNoBand

KCwithNoBand n00b

Oddometer:
    Will do MS!
  9. BooBoo33

BooBoo33 n00b

Oddometer:
    Well, I always believe things happen for a reason and may never know why. My July 8ish trip got canceled but it now appears that an August 1st departure is doable! YeeHaw!
    I'll be checking in. Anybody hitting the trail about then?
  10. timesarrow

timesarrow KTM convert...

Oddometer:
    Etch-a-Sketch, I'm leaving for Vancouver Friday (July 15) and heading back approx. 3 weeks later, but am flexible. Let me know if you're looking for company for the return trip. I'm camping my way out and back, heading to Tofino at some point as well. If interested give me a shout, 514 241 1772, John. Have a great trip!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk