Trans America Trail / TAT 2021: HONDA TRAIL CT125 Edition

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by anelog272, Jun 15, 2021.

1. BIG-GRAVY

BIG-GRAVY n00b

Oddometer:

Can we discuss how you became comfortable with the heel shifter and standing? I'm not an experienced ADV rider by any means, but I can't seem to find a comfortable position to stand on the right side due to that damn heel shifter. I have size 9 feet too btw, so it's not because my feet are big. Am I crazy?
  2. anelog272

anelog272 Some Guy Rides

Oddometer:
    Honestly - just had to get used to doing weird things with my feet. when standing I stand with the inside heel of the boot hitting the back of the peg and sort of pigeon toed with the toes slanted out to avoid accidentally shifting or hitting the brake. so my heel is forward enough not to hit the back shifter and my toe is out to the left of the front shifter and the brake... felt strange at first for sure...
    BIG-GRAVY likes this.
  3. BIG-GRAVY

BIG-GRAVY n00b

Oddometer:
    Sounds good. Get used it it I shall! Also, what tire spoons did you use when you had to change your tires three times? LOL. I think those might be the move if you endorse them. Thanks again for the great ride reports sir! They kept me super entertained while waiting for my CT. Cheers!
  4. anelog272

anelog272 Some Guy Rides

Oddometer:
    Well - Johnny Pow is whizzing around Columbia, SC on his Honda Trail that he got back a few days ago. Meanwhile - my CT125 seems to have been hanging out somewhere in Louisiana. Johnny P got a Facebook message from a stranger saying, "Hey - tell your buddy his bike is in Louisiana..." Apparently the barcodes got switched on our bikes in Medford. So his came to NC and mine went to LA. I was really liking Federal Shipping there for a minute. Now I'm not so sure. Not their fault though - it's the fault of the dude at the warehouse. I knew I smelled bourbon on his breath when we were smoking crack together out back. So Johnny Pow has gotten his bike earlier than me twice now. Hopefully mine gets here next week. Been riding the Royal Enfield Himilayan in the meantime. (And a Zero FX - I'll do a ride report on that in the Day Ride section at some point. Holy awesome.)

But I'm just stopping in to say - Episode 1 is out! Subscribe and hit the alert button if you want to be notified as they drop. Probably be about once a week...

5. anelog272

anelog272 Some Guy Rides

Oddometer:
    I forget what they are -but they were pricey. Check the gear list at https://linktr.ee/teamct125 - should be there somewhere...
  6. G19Tony

G19Tony Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That was a great video. The music, narration, editing. Well done! Future Ang will be a hoot. You're an interesting cat, Ang. I'm subbed on your YT channel. I check here more, but I'm in!
    Chotu, r80rt, NCJ and 1 other person like this.
  7. radmeister

radmeister Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    i am hooked. looking forward to the rest of your videos. your rr is one of my favourites. lee hazlewood is on the menu to be consumed later on tonight with an appropriate digestif. any suggestions for a canadian? many thumbs up. richard
    ROAD DAMAGE and anelog272 like this.
  8. anelog272

anelog272 Some Guy Rides

Oddometer:
    I think Laphroaig goes quite well with some Lee Hazlewood! Also pairs well with Iron Maiden, Mozart, and Spice Girls...
    ROAD DAMAGE likes this.
  9. SwampyDeadHead

SwampyDeadHead Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    sounds like my Spotify after my wife got a hold of it and destroyed the algorithm.

gonna queue up your YouTube later with a Basil Hayden.
    anelog272 and dp064 like this.
  10. drdubb

drdubb OFWG Supporter

Oddometer:
    Excellent vid...looking forward to the rest of them.
    anelog272 likes this.
  11. Eastern Kayaker

Eastern Kayaker n00b

Oddometer:
    Really enjoyed reading about your TAT adventure on the CT125 and thanks for taking the time to post everything. Looking forward to viewing your videos.
    anelog272 likes this.
  12. radmeister

radmeister Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    i like your choice of music. i listened to several of lee hazlewood's songs last night and today without the aid of Laphroaig or Calvados which probably means i was paying much more attention to what i was doing than i usually do. the first thing that came to my mind, like in a picosecond, was Tom Rush. Hazlewood's voice and Rush's are very similar in tone and phrasing. I bet that one of Rush's influences was Hazlewood. but what do i know. i am not a musician . . . yet.

edit: end of musical hijack. back to the program.
    anelog272 likes this.
  13. Little Bike

Little Bike Air/Clutz Sue Supporter

Oddometer:
    Look up GPS Kevin. He’s doing a 125 cc group bike ride down the length of Baja. I tried to join with my tw200, but he said it was too big :lol3
  14. Soil Sample

Soil Sample Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I knew I liked you for a reason Ang, I have a bottle of Laphroig in the liquor cabinet currently. The smokier and peatier, the better.
    anelog272 likes this.
  15. miniTrails

miniTrails n00b

Oddometer:
    My employer would not be happy with how much time I sent reading this thread on the clock. Maybe they would. What a great report and only serves as more confirmation I should do this now, rather than later (or never)

Would Johnny Pow be so kind as to have a fan swing by in Columbia to check out his CT? I'm just starting to prep mine for some rides and would love to chat more. I swing through Columbia fairly often in my travels between Charleston and Charlotte.
  16. NCJ

NCJ Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just caught the second youtube video - this is sooo good. Some of the most enthusiastic, introspective and calm narrative I've heard. Perfect.
    anelog272 and SwampyDeadHead like this.
  17. trialstech

trialstech Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Shoot me a PM when you come through and I'll let you know if I'm around. I'm getting mine serviced right now - 4K valve check, etc and some work on the brakes. Want to get it back to mechanical 100%. Cosmetically, my bike is looking a little bit rough post-TAT. Can't decide if I should touch up the paint on the rear rack where a lot was worn off from the luggage. I took the Roto-Pax gas canister off and put the little OEM tool kit box back on. I still have lots of life on the 244's so I'll run those out which might take a while. Also still have my stock original tires and when the Shinko's get too bad I might put the stockers back on. The weather has been mostly nice so I've been just leaving the bike parked up outside the front door and jumping on it for running daily errands and it's so much fun.
  18. G19Tony

G19Tony Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey Ang! EP2 was every bit as good as EP1. I'm digging it. You may have jinxed yourself be mentioning flat tires. :rofl I will be interested to see how you deploy and use the drone. I have a Mini 2 also. I got my UAS license... just because, but haven't had it out but once or twice. Looking forward to the next installment. :freaky
    anelog272 likes this.
  19. miniTrails

miniTrails n00b

Oddometer:
    That's great to hear. Glad the bike exceeds expectations.

I can't seem to send PMs. May be because I'm new - if you see the option to PM me to get around that, we could chat that way.
    anelog272 likes this.
  20. anelog272

anelog272 Some Guy Rides

Oddometer:
    Episode 2 is up: