Trans America Trail / TAT 2021: HONDA TRAIL CT125 Edition

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by anelog272, Jun 15, 2021.

1. ROAD DAMAGE

ROAD DAMAGE Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey Angelo,

Nice EP3!
    Fun stuff!

So let's talk Fig Bars ................................ what's your favorite? Original Fig? Raspberry? Blueberry?
    I'm a pretty big fan of these things too. BTW. :thumb

I think the fact that we have a "Future Ang" ...... pretty much tells you all you need to know about you & Shotguns, Bears and Ticks. :lol3
    The timeline is still intact! :augie

RD
  2. trialstech

trialstech Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Episode 4 is up. I had no idea he had all of this zany commentary going on in his brain/gopro. I am finding it hilarious.

3. G19Tony

G19Tony Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Another fine video, Ang. I have a title for your companion coffee table book. Conversations with My Ass. Well done! Looking forward to the next one. :beer
    r80rt and anelog272 like this.
  4. Buster Grumpy

Buster Grumpy Sucker for "great deals"

Oddometer:
    My favorite was when you cracked yourself up while having a conversation with your ass... LOL!
    anelog272 likes this.
  5. Soil Sample

Soil Sample Adventurer

Oddometer:
    LOL, I used to live in Iuka, MS right down the road from Pickwick.
    anelog272 likes this.
  6. drdubb

drdubb OFWG Supporter

Oddometer:
    "No Inputs" sounds like the inspiration for a song.
    anelog272 likes this.
  7. anelog272

anelog272 Some Guy Rides

Oddometer:
    I can't play favorites with the fig bars - don't want to hurt anyone's feelings!
  8. anelog272

anelog272 Some Guy Rides

Oddometer:
    Well - Little Ugly Homefry FINALLY made it home. The shipping company sent her on a free trip to Louisiana for some reason.
    upload_2021-8-26_16-35-54.png

I took the bags off and parked her on the porch. I haven't even cranked her up. My ass is telling me not to go near her. We've been apart for so long. It's going to take a minute to get used to each other again. I'm still deciding about selling her - although I've put so much information out here on the internet about her brutal abuse that I'm afraid I'll never get rid of her. I'm just not sure what her fate is yet.

I took the bags off the bike and brought them down to my office. When I opened them up - well... let me tell you about the smell. If I had picked up a few of the dead armadillos I came across on the trail and stuffed them into my bags - the smell would not have been any worse. For real. It smelled like a mummy fart mixed with bad cottage cheese. I have dust from every state I went through. After I emptied out the big Givi bag I held it upside down against the light and looked inside it. It looked like the Milky Way - there were a billion pin prick holes in it - along with some large holes and tears. It's toast. The other smaller Givi bag did okay. The tank bag is disgusting - probably beyond repair. They all did their job well though. I opened up my tent bag for yet another simply incredible smell. I draped it on the porch and I'm just hoping I can clean it up instead of burning it.
    upload_2021-8-26_16-45-59.png

I spent a couple of hours srcubbing my gear. This trip pretty much destroyed about everything that I'd brought with me. If it didn't get rattled to death - it got gritted to death. What a mess! But honestly - I miss the dust and the heat and the stink. I miss it.

All this to say - Episode 4 is Up!
  9. nccowgirl

nccowgirl something shiny Supporter

Oddometer:
    No inputs has a Anthony Bourdain feel to it!
    anelog272 and Cheftyler like this.
  10. UncaBuddha

UncaBuddha Well, Okay then.

Oddometer:
    GREAT RR! Leaves me wanting to GO!

I just watched the start of Ep 2 of your Youtube extravaganza and I have a caution. NEVER pour boiling hot liquids above and with inches of your gentalia!!!! (unless, of course, you are into boiling liquids on your genetalia...)
    anelog272 and dp064 like this.
  11. SwampyDeadHead

SwampyDeadHead Ride, Rage, Rinse, Repeat Supporter

Oddometer:
    The ass conversation in Ep 4 was solid gold. Keep them coming.
    anelog272 and dp064 like this.
  12. duhrider

duhrider n00b Supporter

Oddometer:
    Wow...the Day 4 river crossing photo....Just Wow!
    anelog272 likes this.
  13. Madscientist

Madscientist Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sitting here drinking my morning coffee :*sip* enjoying Episode 4. Loving it Ang!
    anelog272 likes this.
  14. anelog272

anelog272 Some Guy Rides

Oddometer:
    Episode 5 for your viewing.... pleasure?

Also - if you read the ride report you may remember that I shipped my drone to DJI for replacement on July 4 from somewhere around Guymon, OK. I still haven't received the replacement. DJI is THE WORST!
  15. G19Tony

G19Tony Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Another pretty chill day in the books. I'm going to like the conversations with yourself, and with your ass. They are going to be entertaining. The Aussies still use the word, reckon a lot, too. I think we should bring back the old words. Spice the language up a bit.

I'm with you about sand. I hate it. My brother and I were riding to Toroweap Overlook in the Grand Canyon. The last mile to the point, had a couple hundred feet of deep talcum to go through. I told him, that I know what to do. So, I got on the throttle, kept a loose grip, stayed back on the bike and partway through, my brother said I disappeared in giant puff of sand. Sadly, there was no video. It would have been great.
    r80rt and anelog272 like this.
  16. mettalique

mettalique Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Reckon is part of our everyday language but we say ‘arse’ not ‘ass’…that’s a donkey
    anelog272 likes this.
  17. drdubb

drdubb OFWG Supporter

Oddometer:
    Man, I hated that Mississippi gravel.
    anelog272 likes this.
  18. Tantor67

Tantor67 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Love your commentary! Funny shit. Also watching the YouTube episodes. The CT would be a great bike to throw in the back of a truck and go explore knarly terrain. This way I can stay off highways where the top end isn't high enough. It is light so if it gets stuck it can be lifted out. Not like picking up a DR650 multiple times by yourself.
    anelog272 likes this.
  19. cristiano

cristiano Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I haven't followed this forum that much in the last few years, but I'm really glad I did now and found this beautiful report. Well done!
    Dirt2007, trialstech and anelog272 like this.
  20. PsammonOfDoubt

PsammonOfDoubt Adventurer

Oddometer:
    my wife has watched a couple episodes and said she was amazed a guy could talk that much. keep up the good work.