Trans Euro Trail (TET) Greece | V-Strom 1000 and KTM 1190

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by MihaiT, Jul 3, 2019.

1. MihaiT

MihaiT Adventurer

Oddometer:
    We have set our minds on spending our vacation time on the TET ever since riding a small bit in Romania. Given the date of the year we knew we had to go somewhere to the South - the departure date was the 30-th of April so we knew we would encounter mud and snow at high altitudes.

Decided to leave for the TET nevertheless and plan as we went (did alot of re-routing :)) ).

This is the first episode of the trip, we left Romania, crossed Bulgaria and headed towards the Greek-Albanian border, the Western-most point of the TET. This is how the first episode went:

As you might know from previous series I have shared here (Georgia, Mongolia and Bosnia&Herzegovina) this is the first episode, more to come. Do subscribe if you want to follow the other videos.

Cheers,
    Mihai
  2. MihaiT

MihaiT Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Second episode is on - this is where things get interesting:

3. squadraquota

squadraquota mostly harmless

Oddometer:
    Looks like a fun trip, and good riding in Greece :thumb
  4. MihaiT

MihaiT Adventurer

Oddometer:
    This was the best offroad trip, the views were absolutely spectacular, now you're on a perfect beach, 20 minutes later you are at a few hundread meters high overlooking the sea, absolutely incredible views. Until this trip I only thought about sun, fun, beaches, blue crystal clear sea, beers and great food when thinking about Greece. Now I've added alot more :D
    squadraquota and Amphib like this.
  5. Wanderchris

Wanderchris n00b

Oddometer:
    This is exactly whats great about adventuring in Greece. An interesting fact, there is no place in Greece further than 137 km or 85 miles from the sea. Of course most are much closer, without counting the islands.

Now i know you re back from your trip but for anyone else thinking about it, there is mountain Pilio (pee-lee-oh) thats just south of mt Olympus and its very beautiful and almost on the sea, it was supposed to be the summer residence of the gods. I d advice anyone to check it out it also has city of Volos right next to it. i see the TET crosses through it but its worth it to take a detour and circle it checking out some of the more knows villages and the sea side.

NSFW, freewaystreak and Amphib like this.
  6. MihaiT

MihaiT Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Well guys, we knew it, in all honesty you probably knew it, it was bound to happen. Taking two big bikes on the gnarly TET road wasn't going to be easy-peasy all sight seeing.

The first accident of the trip.

What seemed like a regular water spill on the road turned out to be a slippery trap. See how all of that went and how we recovered and pushed on in the newest episode:

Carpe diem!
    NSFW and Amphib like this.
  7. Amphib

Amphib A mind is like a parachute....

Oddometer:
    I just love your videos. Thank you so much for sharing them!
  8. NSFW

NSFW basecamp4adv Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    epic.....thanks for posting your vids.

i would like to think to do it in 2020.
  9. MihaiT

MihaiT Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Allrighty, time for a new episode. This is the longest so far, make sure you have around 20 free minutes, lean back and enjoy the ride. This is the first one of the series with on-screen telemetry. Let me know how you like it, should I add it to future videos? Please vote here - https://www.youtube.com/user/test234ism/community - any feedback is most appreciated.

Thank you,
    Mihai
  10. MihaiT

MihaiT Adventurer

Oddometer:
    squadraquota, NSFW and Amphib like this.
  11. squadraquota

squadraquota mostly harmless

Oddometer:
    Greece looks awesome. Funny bit with the Asian lady posing on the bike
  12. MihaiT

MihaiT Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thank you :) That couple made our day, they will remember us for some time, so will we :D
  13. simondippenhall

simondippenhall Simondippenhall

Oddometer:
    Great stuff! Thanks