Trans Euro Trail (TET) thread

Discussion in 'Europe' started by davidlomax, Jul 19, 2017.

1. glitch_oz

glitch_oz Long timer

Oddometer:

How much are the 2019 tolls for the LGKS/ Via del Sale now?
    Guess they're a bit more than the 7 Euros we paid when last there...
    Some nice pics there, btw :-)
  2. glitch_oz

glitch_oz Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nedajno Gorge is a cracker, eh?
    :-)

Stay at Nedajno Guesthouse for some extra kick....the family running it is just one big hug! Man-of-the-house is one of the Park Rangers...his advice and tips are PRICEL$$LESS!
    Lady of the house (and baba/ grandma) cook up an absolute storm for you...again...PRICEL$$LESS!

Some awesome loop rides from there, too!! https://isn.page.link/t7hv

[​IMG]

Some incredible riding around there, too!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. mADVta

mADVta Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm planning to give the Montenegro's TET a try, but I expect to be there around 10th of September and enter Montenegro from the Serbia side.

Do you plan to make the whole Balkans TET?
  4. arescec

arescec Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Here is the video. Sections of TET Bosnia/Montenegro + other roads thrown in.

KTMInduro, NSFW, Amphib and 2 others like this.
  5. DRglidarn

DRglidarn Panzer pilot

Oddometer:
    Montenegro looks awsome! nice bike and soft music. Did You overnight in tent or B&B?
  6. arescec

arescec Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I rented apartments, did not even carry the tent. I used the empty space to carry swimming fins instead (the original plan was to visit seaside you know).
    Really, there is no point in camping. Apartments or private rooms can be had for as low as 9 euros in Mostar and 12 in Zabljak. Gives you time to charge things up, visit the local town in the evening, etc.
    NSFW and DRglidarn like this.
  7. Phaedrus68

Phaedrus68 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The point of camping is camping, no? :dunno
    mADVta and DunkingBird like this.
  8. arescec

arescec Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yes, up to a point. Southern Croatia and whole of Bosnia have a minefield situation going on, not to mention a nice array of poisonous thingies. Montenegro is decent and then there is Albania with it's drug trade and drug fields.
    Not to mention that finding a nice spot to camp in some areas can be near impossible. Must be that I grew tired of [wild] camping somewhere along the way. Camping next to a nice lake - well, sign me up. Camping in a forest infested with wolves and bears - tried it, not fun.
    plumer1kt and DunkingBird like this.
  9. DRglidarn

DRglidarn Panzer pilot

Oddometer:
    I agree with the convenience and the prio to get deeperr to the culture with staying at B&B and such, spend time in village, eat local instead od freeze dried. I was just curious. I like to vary, pending on area.
    plumer1kt likes this.
  10. Scaz0r

Scaz0r Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey guys,

I just signed up for the Illyria Raid 2020, Reverse Edition (Dubrovnik to Thessaloniki).

I plan to take my bike to Dubrovnik in my Van, ride the Raid and then ride the TET back to Dubrovnik.

Can any of you give me a circa estimate how long it will take? maybe 5 days of easy riding?

TIA!

(And yes I copied my post from facebook, as I just now discovered that here is a thread in here - which I like much more than facebook....)
  11. arescec

arescec Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Anyone in the Albania or Greece area doing TET? My riding partner had to go home so I am searching for a new riding partner / group.

A few photos from the trip so far: IMG_20190913_114111.jpg
    IMG_20190913_133150.jpg IMG_20190913_115032.jpg
    Poka and Tipmethewink like this.
  12. T Koponen

T Koponen Adventurer

Oddometer:
    A few pictures of the Finnish TET trail section. Really great route, next year I will go to Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania

Attached Files:

13. MiCar

MiCar n00b

Oddometer:
    Nice trip..
  14. Scaz0r

Scaz0r Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Omg the TET is so awesome!

I can't ger enough of all the pics on here and in the FB group.
    I really really really need to get out there and ride it.

Thx for the pics!
    DunkingBird likes this.
  15. morse

morse Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey Balkan Guys!

Can you please suggest which countries have a TET track that is rideable in last week of March.
    We are riding KTM 690 Enduro R's. We run knobby tires. We prefer non-tarmac tracks and we are not afraid of tough terrain (mud, rocks, water etc). But we would prefer not to find ourselves ploughing through snow for hours.

The plan is to come for 4 days in March 2020. At that time we still can't ride at home (Estonia). Any good advice planning the trip is highly appreciated, in turn we can offer assistance on Estonia TET :) Our linesmen have made a good job on the GPX!

The initial idea was to come to Romania - but I have a feeling the track there is not good until end of April.
  16. dragos

dragos Master of disaster.

Oddometer:
    You are quite right. Wouldn't suggest Ro in March.
  17. vis-a-vis

vis-a-vis Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Better after May 1st...
    Oyabun likes this.
  18. plumer1kt

plumer1kt Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Central and southern(Peloponnese) Greece is a good idea for your trip.
    Usually the weather in last two weeks of March is sunny with the high temp around 14-18'C.
    The snow is still on the mountains over 1700m in central Greece and 1800m in northern Peloponnese.
    You can plan a trip here and bypass the highest roads like Mt.olympus ,Tzoumerka summit and some roads on Agrafa without problem.
    Just forget those in march.....unless you are a climber!
    Along the Greek TET there is always a paved road that goes parallel...
    Here are some photos of what is like on the last week of March and first of April.
    DSCF1097.JPG
    This is Mt Kyllini. I'm on 1300m and the peak is 2376m.
    DSCF1109.JPG
    This is Mt Aroania. Again i'm on 1300m ,the peak is at 2355m.
    DSCF1068.JPG
    This is Mt Mainalo ,peak at 1981m .TET pass from here.Snow is limited up to the peak.
    40DSCF1122.JPG
    I tried to capture the mountains in central Greece from north peloponnese .
    Those two mountains are ,left Mt Vardousia ,peak at 2495m and right Mt Giona peak at 2510m.
    TET pass from those mountains and nobody can assure you that you wont find snow ,but if you find the distance you'll have to cover may be few kilometers only.
    I made a GE screenshot with the 5 peaks (green) in the photos above ,the three peaks that you can't ride (pink) and the TET track.
    tet.jpg
    You can search within the GE the TET track and exclude sections over 1600m.
    Here in Greece we say that March can burn your face and woods for heating.
    That said,over the past 20 years we had 3 times snow even in Athens.That mean you can't ride even on highways.
    Last year i planned a trip to olympus peak in the first week of june ,but it kept snowing up there even in athens was hot .Winter was a bit late last year.I hope the upcoming march will be sunny .
    Any questions?
    NSFW, Herman1 and DunkingBird like this.
  19. Oyabun

Oyabun 親分

Oddometer:
    ^^^ Like he said. I've got into interesting situations due to snow on Noth eastern facing sides of Carpathians even after may 1 in certain years.
  20. MichaelJ

MichaelJ Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Glitch - where in the name of all that's holy is that road at the end of the video?