Trans Euro Trail (TET) thread

Discussion in 'Europe' started by davidlomax, Jul 19, 2017.

1. benxid

benxid Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Give us pictures

Gesendet von meinem ZTE BLADE A612 mit Tapatalk
  2. ssason

ssason Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just humbled over the FB group and after that over this thread....:clap

getting an eye on the netherland and belgium TETs... Think the Ténéré will be ok for that.:D
    Dutchgit likes this.
  3. Schussboelie

Schussboelie Kicking up dirt Supporter

Oddometer:
    Check the dedicated forum too!
    dooby and Dutchgit like this.
  4. ssason

ssason Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just added it to my tapatalk (same user as here)
    Schussboelie likes this.
  5. JordoUK

JordoUK Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Planning the TET Netherlands late summer. Have you got any advise on the route?
    Dutchgit likes this.
  6. glitch_oz

glitch_oz Long timer

Oddometer:

All here
    dooby, Dutchgit and JordoUK like this.
  7. JordoUK

JordoUK Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thank you Glitch_oz

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
  8. Corneel

Corneel Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Do you have this available in gpx file? We are going there in june....
    Dutchgit likes this.
  9. Dutchgit

Dutchgit Completely clogless

Oddometer:
    Click on the link in my signature.
  10. Sampo

Sampo n00b

Oddometer:
    I've been trying to check the TET maps for some nice off-pavement/gravel routes in the Benelux-area (based in Brussels), but for some reason can't find many..
    Would anyone have tips & advice where to head for some nice dirt roads and light off-roading around here (daytrips for instance)?

Cheers!
  11. Dutchgit

Dutchgit Completely clogless

Oddometer:
    If you click on for instance Belgium, you'll get to the GPX file for the Belgian section of the TET.
  12. Sampo

Sampo n00b

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the tip - I checked that, but seems all the roads there are paved (for the most parts...)

Very difficult to find unpaved roads around here?
  13. Schussboelie

Oddometer:
    Hmm, have you actually ridden parts of the TET in Belgium???
  14. Sampo

Sampo n00b

Oddometer:
    Not on purpose, nope - but been riding all over the country for years now but for some reason without much success of finding good free stretches of gravel. I will check out the specific route, but I'd like to focus on the gravel sections of it if can find them?
  15. Schussboelie

Oddometer:
    There’s plenty but yes, they’re also short and quite hard to find. TET Belgium is a really good place to start though, so is the Mollenrit this Saturday...
  16. Sampo

Sampo n00b

Oddometer:
    Cheers - I'll start exploring the TET Be, and I'll check out the Mollenrit as well :yum
    Schussboelie likes this.
  17. DonnDIY

DonnDIY Professional Procrastinator

Oddometer:
    Our awesome weekend in Latvia on T.E.T.:
  18. RedBallRun

RedBallRun Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Oh dear :-( Deep mud, ruts = great propaganda for the "antis" that may see to end the TET
    DunkingBird likes this.
  19. RedBallRun

RedBallRun Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi folks,

You know we don't spam here at the TET. We only disturb you if we feel it's important.

This message is important and a huge opportunity for the TET. - and in some ways it's also a test for the TET community.

We all love the TET and delight in the fact that it's community run and free to access and use. Here's a chance to show what trail riding means to you - and all for the price of a cup of coffee

TET MESSAGE

A Call to the TET Community - Help us to help them to help us!

We need your help to make a powerful statement to the world and improve the TET's future.

Trail riders are judged on their actions.

We can all be sensible grown-ups knowing the importance of riding in a considerate, respectful way. We can all try and follow the TET Code of Conduct. We can all smile and spend our money in local shops, cafes and campsites. We can help each other out when someone is stuck or broken down.

All these things are brilliant, but what if we could take it a step further?

What if we could stand up and show the world that the Trans Euro Trail community are not just users of the trails but truly value them and the wonderful opportunities they offer us and other users of the countryside. To show that we are active members of the larger community.

This is not a new idea in the UK or France. The TRF and Codever, representing riders, help with funds and volunteers to clear and maintain trails that are used by all types of people in all kinds of ways.

It could have been anywhere in Europe – Spain, Italy, Estonia, Greece, anywhere - but the perfect opportunity for us has come up in the UK.

It doesn't matter that you may never ride in the UK. This is all about making a statement to the world loudly and clearly. "We are a community and love our trails wherever they are." It's about establishing a principle.

If each one of our 13,000 TET Facebook Group members donated the price of a cup of coffee on the link below with a “From a grateful TET rider” comment, the TRF could repair the stunning Old Coach Road - part of TET UK .

What a powerful message that would send out! What a fantastic piece of positive PR for the TET and trail-riders Europe-wide! What a boost for the TRF and similar organisations to know that they have an international band of riders supporting their work.

This would be a hugely valuable asset in convincing the public at large that the TET community values the privilege of riding through our outstanding continent and the work of the organisations that act as curators of those trails and that access.

Whether you are in Portugal or Poland, Latvia or Lombardy, we urge you, please take this opportunity to make this statement!

Donate here: https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/ctfr

Or at the link in the message below

(donations will be in UK £ but you'll be charged in your local currency)

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1785237071535270&id=122886777770316
  20. JMo (& piglet)

JMo (& piglet) Unicorn breeder

Oddometer:
    Done!

Lisa and I were in the Lakes only last week (this photo was taken very close to where this part of the TET route runs) - it's one of very few byways open to all traffic in Cumbria, and an essential part of the UK TET - please do what you can, and help spread the word too!

[​IMG]

Jenny x