Trans Euro Trail (TET) thread

Discussion in 'Europe' started by davidlomax, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Resnais

Resnais Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Trans Euro Trail Estonia KTM 990/950 adventure
  2. DunkingBird

DunkingBird Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Since the route of the TET Italy is not too far from my place, I tested a part of it.
    At first I planned 4 days (without arrival). A friend announced his visit at short notice and so there were 2 days left to experiment.
    In the image below:
    grey = my own route
    red = TET route
    upload_2018-7-22_21-39-58.png
    I started with the Linea Cadorna. On this day it got up to 37 °C (99 °F) warm and after a fall on uneven ground the lifting of the motorcycle including the luggage made me sweat enormously. But what I was allowed to experience was simply overwhelming. I would never have believed that you could find such a gem of enduro near me. The variety and the views are sensational. The guys from TET Italy have done an excellent job.
    I got intoxicated with enduro and must have exaggerated.

After 2 days I had already completed the route planned for 4 days.
    upload_2018-7-22_21-45-6.png

I slept in my sleeping bag outdoors. On the second night I stretched my tarp in darkness and rain. At 2 o'clock in the morning I was woken up by a series of lightning and a violent thunderstorm followed. Suddenly it became even louder and the hail began to fly around my ears.

In the morning the hail had not completely melted away.
    upload_2018-7-22_21-47-30.png

My old motorcycle (Honda Africa Twin RD03) passed this load test with flying colours and the fuel consumption is 4.55 litres/100 km. The cooling fan was in continuous use on certain sections.

As I am a cheapskate, I only spent about 100 Euros in the first three days (of course I enjoyed the excellent Italian cuisine) plus fuel costs.

Side note:
    This tour should not be done alone, because one is partly far away from any civilization. However, a large group would annoy hikers and mountain bikers.
  3. DunkingBird

Oddometer:
    upload_2018-7-23_20-44-33.png
    On the second day I left very early, but these capable Italians deposited a load of tar in such a way that it was impossible to get through.

upload_2018-7-23_20-48-4.png

upload_2018-7-23_20-48-33.png

upload_2018-7-23_20-48-52.png

There are also pictures in the blog:
    Swiss / Switzerland North West ADV Riders

4. DunkingBird

Oddometer:
    TET Italy part 2:

After exploring the northeastern part of the TET Italya alone, I visited the TET from the south in pairs during the last seven days.
    My motorcycle friend, whom I trust blindly, accompanied me. He drives a 30-year-old Honda Transalp.

I planned the trip to the south with the following tool:

https://kurviger.de/en

The results are usually excellent and I like to be surprised.

Since pictures say more than 1000 words:

upload_2018-8-6_10-53-44.png

In the picture below right you can see the single trail where we had to surrender. Transporting the motorcycles back on this hill is exhausting. Luggage is unloaded and transported. Then we went backwards to a slightly wider spot. I pull the handlebars and my friend turns the front wheel (in extreme cases we have a rope and several rollers with us to be able to build a pulley, but was not necessary here). For the change of direction I am secured from behind and I drive as far as possible against the hill. By constantly repeating and moving the handlebars, the motorcycle can tip over to the other side at some point.

Attached Files:

KLEINE, Lonesomerider and dragos like this.
  5. lewiss66

lewiss66 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Where exactly is the hard part you show on the right photo? I'm planing on doing it in few days. Might need to avoid it since I'm not a good rider...
    Thanks
  6. DunkingBird

Oddometer:
    The site is located after the abandoned hamlet of "Leitera Inferiore". The village nearby is called Bruzolo.
    blue: my recording
    magenta: TET Italy

Another group got stuck in the same place (2:33):

upload_2018-8-29_21-17-23.png

vis-a-vis and KLEINE like this.
  7. Rhode trip

Rhode trip guided by voices Supporter

Oddometer:
    TET UK Today.
    Old Coach Road, Lake District

[​IMG]

Mrs Trip picks her way through some rocky bits.

[​IMG]
  8. scout68

scout68 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    RBR

Beautiful work on the TET. Well done my friend.

Of course there will be a period of “build up” and “sorting it out”.....probably couple of years. Ask Sam Correo (TAT founder).

You are probably very familiar with what I’m gonna suggest, but.....would an open-access live update board work for some of the sorting out of the TET ?
    Much like GPS Kevin established for the TAT.

I’m in central south US, and the updates on GPS Kevin’s site are super helpful.....especially in the south central region where much of our trails are mud-based gravel and therefore very subject to rain’s evil work.

Sorry I’m late to the game, and perhaps this is already sorted. I’m gonna make it to TET someday!!
    mountaincadre likes this.
  9. RedBallRun

RedBallRun Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thankyou for your kind words!

Currently we update the TET sections as and when issues or suggestions come in. We can do (and have done) this within the hour if there is a big issue. All chnages are then publicised via Facebook group and page. We did also promulgate updates by email notification but stopped as folk in Sweden didn't really want to be bothered by changes in Portugal. The facebook group is very active and TET Riders are good at flagging issues there as well as e-mailing the Linesmen directly.
    We are exploring a "Stop Press" area on each country's web page but are limited in that critical resource of time.

Could you signpost me with a url to gpsKevins live update board?
    DunkingBird likes this.
  10. miniboxer

miniboxer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Which paper maps can you recommend für belgium and the netherlands?
  11. RedBallRun

Oddometer:
    TET MESSAGE

Coming soon - The Trans Euro Trail Calendar 2019 !!!!

We need you help to create a calendar of TET images - a calendar that will reflect the adventures, vistas, experiences and sights of the TET. Pictures that capture the essence of the TET, inspiring us all in the grey work days ahead to dream of exploring this incredible continent by trail bike.

We will publish a LIMITED EDITION high quality glossy TET calendar in A3 format - an A4 landscape image at the top, an A4 month planner below.

Calendars will be sent out in cardboard envelopes to arrive with you in pristine condition by Christmas - or very shortly afterwards.

Cost per calendar: £15 plus postage and packing (£5 to EU addresses, £6 to the Rest of the World).

Any and all profits will go towards the TET project, printing "TET - Trail Riders Welcome" stickers to distribute across Europe.

We need 13 inspirational TET images - one for each month and one for the cover. The final 13 will be selected by the Linesmen from all your submissions.

TO SUBMIT PHOTOGRAPHS:

1. All photographs must be:
    - landscape format.
    - 3500x2300 pixel resolution
    - colour
    - .jpg, .jpeg or .png file type
    - have a file naming format of TETCountryinEnglish-LastName-FirstName-PhotoNumber.filetype (i.e. France-Arbesleitner-Roland-1.jpg )
    - not include any advertising watermarks

2. Send the photograph as an e-mail attachment (one photo per e-mail) to: info@transeurotrail.org

3. Include your full name and address in the message field.

4. In submitting a photograph, you will be accepting that the TET can publish the photos on its website, in the TET calendar and for TET promotion and publicity free of charge, that the photos belong to you and that everyone featured in them is content to have them used.

5. The closing date for submissions is: 23.59 on 16 November 2018.

(Photo is for illustration purposes and does not reflect the final design or cover image)

[​IMG]
    Duljan and Revontulet like this.
  12. RedBallRun

Oddometer:
    TO ORDER TET CALENDARS:

This is in a really good cause - the future of the TET in Europe - a free to access community run project.
    If we can sell calendars, we can raise cash.
    If we can raise cash, we can get stickers printed and distributed. Stickers that businesses in rural areas can put up that positively show their support for Trail Riders and display their welcome to our sodden, grubby carcasses!

So let's make this a success - whether you're in Paris or Peking, Seattle or Santiago! We'll post anywhere!

It's as easy as anything!

1. Using Paypal, send £15 + postage costs/calendar (postage = £5/calendar for EU destinations and £6/calendar for Rest of the World) to: info@transeurotrail.org

2. Add the following information in the Paypal message box:

First Name:

Last Name:

Postal Address:

E-mail address:

Number of calendars ordered:

3. You are responsible for any taxes or duties payable to receive the calendars.

4. We have a minimum print run of 200 calendars. If less than this are ordered by 23.59 on 23 November 2018, we will return all moneys paid

5. This is a limited edition calendar of 400 copies.
    Margus, DunkingBird and Revontulet like this.
  13. Shovelhead1340

Shovelhead1340 n00b

Oddometer:
    Just curious if you got 200 ordered?
    RedBallRun likes this.
  14. miniboxer

miniboxer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hallo MiCar,

ich bin gerade über deinen Beitrag gestolpert. Mein Kollege fragte mich neulich, ob ich nicht Interesse am TET Belgien und NL hätte. Natürlich habe ich zugesagt! Falls dein Angebot noch steht, ruf mich doch einmal an null 281 51 vier null eins.

Gruß,
    Andreas

15. MiCar

MiCar n00b

Oddometer:
    Hallo Andreas, dass können wir gerne machen.
    Für 2019 hatte ich mir den TET Belgien vorgenommen.
    Wenn das Wetter wieder besser ist, finden wir bestimmt mal einen Termin.
  16. glitch_oz

glitch_oz Long timer

Oddometer:

Die Vorwahl hoert sich nach Wesel an...da gibt's uebrigens auch einige legale Strecken auf der linksrheinischen Seite, schaut euch mal gruendlich
    im (Wander-) Kartenmaterial der Ecken Dachsberg (Kamp Lindfort), Rayener Berg, Rheurdter Forst und Umfeld, das alte Rheinbett bei Niep/ Toenisberg, Huelserbruch und die alten
    Forste um Grefrath, Schlootkuhlen und Grasheide um....da ist noch'n Haufen mehr rum. z. B. Brueggen/ Elmpt, Heronger Busch, Hinsbecker Schweiz....

Allerdings sind meine Erkundungsfahrten schon einige Jahre zurueck....zudem gibt's reichlich Gutes suedlich von Aachen/ Belgische Eifel / Grenzgebiet und runter nach Lux.
    Nicht verpassen...die Fahrt mit'm Schluff!
    Viel Spass beim Entdecken :-)
  17. RedBallRun

Oddometer:
    Yes, we did! We've printed 300 so we'll have a few for sale that haven't been snapped up yet
  18. Helfel

Helfel Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great, can i order through paypal, as before?
    RedBallRun likes this.
  19. alanholt

alanholt Adventurer

Oddometer:
    TET Spain
  20. RedBallRun

Oddometer:
    They will soon be available on the adventure spec site
    tshansen likes this.