1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Trans-Lab: Alone? At your age?

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Mtl_Biker, Aug 26, 2014.

1. Mtl_Biker

Mtl_Biker Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yes, that's the Rainlock 2 that I was using. All things considered, I'm rather happy with it, and when/if they wear out, I'll likely buy the same again (or a newer improved model if available).

For me they have been totally waterproof, but when you ask about being "not too hot/clammy", well, ANY totally waterproof rain gear is liable to be hot and clammy on a wet humid and hot day. That's just the way it is.

The hood? I've never used it so I don't have any opinion about it. I use a full-face helmet and close the jacket zipper right up to the top and the collar sort of tucks into the bottom of my helmet. I do have to be a little careful not to stretch my neck up in heavy rain but that's really not a problem.

I always have a set in my pannier and it also works really well if you get caught in colder weather than expected, even if there isn't rain.

If you get this, make sure you get a size large enough to fit over your riding gear.

2. Nickhob

Nickhob Armchair adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks a lot for all the info,
    the reason I ask about hot and clammy is that I tried on the new rainlock jacket yesterday and compared to a goretex or eVent jacket, it felt very plasticky so just wondering if it was any worse but from your reply it doesn't seem to be :clap
  3. NumberCruncher

NumberCruncher Long timer

Oddometer:
    Great ride report Eldor!

So you keep criticizing how short legged you are. So far all of us not certain if we should ride a big, heavy, tall F800GS, how tall are you? Do you have the low suspension version or a lower seat?

NC
    oldNbold likes this.