Trans-Lab: years of talking about it and we did it!

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by scareraven, Aug 21, 2017.

1. scareraven

scareraven Ninja Freak Supporter

Oddometer:
    IMG_8822.JPG
    I can't stress enough how happy this sunlight and dare I say warmth made us. We would switch out to our cold and wet gloves to dry them out while riding so we could keep our dryer stuff dry: just in case. A beautiful ride along the St Lawrence let us ride in great weather while seeing the storms out in the bay. Our first ferry crossing was soon after, this one free! I guess it is cheaper for the province to run this system over putting a bridge in.

IMG_8832.PNG

I discovered that I could track where my photos were taken easier by just snapping off a screen cap of google maps when it could connect, even when we are not really on a road.

IMG_8830.JPG

This is every day work for this crew. They do not have tie downs for the bikes or anything. Trailers have to chock their wheels and that is it. It was about a 15 min boat ride and the water was calm. Load on, wait a tick, load off. They dont mess around as they have a schedule. Do not fuck it up. As we hopped off and started immediately up another hill again it became grey, but still dry. Our pairing as per communications still kept me shooting the shit with Meaty when we felt like talking. We could both put on music should we want as well and that was how I spent a good amount of time before clicking over to wax cathartic nostalgia with an old friend. We commented how the other KTM owners we passed probably should invite me into their club, where they all pool money to afford parts for these damn things. The KLR just chugged away reliable as a farm tractor. Captain Mustache and Beardy Face had linked coms and rode front and rear guard respectively. Apparently corrections in speed were relayed from Beardy's GPS to our leader and a good thing as we came down a mountain and a Police cruiser popped out of a side road and lit up. It took down the mustang behind us- whew-.

IMG_8838.JPG

A quick splash and dash for fuel (me) and we were off. Captian 'Stashe allowed his secret weapon to see the light of day: The Rainbow Warrior Suit. Speak of it in hushed tones when making fun of it. It has been in his luggage for many years and some have even had to borrow it for survival. Fashion is no fickle thing when you can wear such a high functioning garment. Though he did wear it as a base layer as he did not feel the need to scream its' existence to the world.
    GravelRider and bobw like this.
  2. scareraven

Oddometer:
    Most of the rest of the day was spent happily running in an out of towns along the coastal road. Its a damn good thing Road Captain Mustache kept and eye on the miles. I would have nearly run out once or twice for just a shear enjoyment of the ride and the sights. Navigators front and rear decided to stop once more before turning inland at Baie-Comeau on Rt 389 towards the Manic 5 Dam. Turns out this gas station had an attatched Tim's! This theme would run well through our trip as not only was the food decent, but our wifi always worked there. I know, I would have preferred to find a local place and soaked up some culture there, but this was a bun burner of a trip. We had miles to cover. Rt 389.
    Remember that. I will for a long damn time as one of the best days of riding I had ever had. The pavement was decent and the corners never ended. Not even a mid afternoon deluge could stop us from enjoying the shit out of ourselves. Meaty and I discussed how the Good Captain had been talking about this trip for ever. These shit conditions were probably making him horny as he screamed 'WE ARE ON AN ADVENTURE AND EVERYONE IS MISERABLE YAAAAAAAS! MORE RAIN!!!!!'- I jokingly yelled into my mic. Meaty laughed so hard he said he could not see and turned off his coms for a hour. When he came back on I decided that we had to have a wager: $5 says we will see a moose before a bear. Meaty took that bet and decided we would have to 'touch tips' if we first saw a bear eating a moose. I turned off my coms to compose myself.
    That storm passed quickly and I was having serious thoughts to moving to one end of this road and buying another sportbike. Just to ride this road a few times a week. It was epic. Eventually I realized I had no idea how long I had been riding and checked my fuel. Not bad, and I had filled my Rotopax at the last stop so no real worry, then we came upon one of a scant few signs of civilization out here. A hand full of trailer apartments for rent as a motel, and a set of pumps that dispense liquid gold according to the price. We fill up and chat with the ER nurse who is running the cash register in her spare time. Not much else to do out here. Right after that we turn off to a gravel road. My first real gravel for me and this ogre of a bike that I am just getting used to. I mentally buckle down and think 'this is the next few days, figure it out!' and by the time I finished that sentence in my head, we climb a short road and see our camp for the night!

IMG_8841.JPG
    The Manic 5 Hydro Electric Dam. Its magnificent. And in the grand scheme of proper gratification, this is where all the shots off the internet showed us and it was every bit as spectacular. I suggest you look it up on a map program and look just a bit north. There is a small mountain (Mt. Babel) that is growing out of a titanic ring lake. One of the oldest asteroid impact craters known. Then you can get a scale for what this thing is holding back. We have a good look and realize that the reports of black fly season were no exaggerated. Rather than camp food and fighting the bugs, we head back down the road to the pumps and the double wide of a 'kitchen' and have lukewarm grey 'burgers' and decent coffee. We swap some stories as best we can with some folks who speak English and pantomime some jokes with those who speak only french. Everyone is friendly and wants to know what drove us to do the loop. Except one guy. His broken English allowed him to utter one phrase while pointing at Beardy Face- 'ZZ-TOP!!!!' and he plays air guitar. Damn well I might add

IMG_8852.JPG
    We head back to the camp sight and actually pitch up the tents this time. There is a celebratory drink round as we do it, waving at our new Neighbor for the evening. Cosmo and Carolyn lead a family of 4 on a 3 week summer camping holiday. The mechanics in our crew oogle his diesel Jeep Cherokee while we make nice and offer drinks all around. They offered to charge up whatever phones we have and offer dry lines to lay out clothes if we need them. Excellent people. Another pick up comes in with a young couple at the helm and a BMW GS in the back, with two sets of luggage and wheels. Molly and Yanik (speeling?) are on their way home. Her mother and her boyfriend were riding the very road we were heading to..... and her mother crashed. She took a bite out of the windshield on the way down and was laid up at a hospital. They made a split decision from Quebec to go see her, and pick up the boyfriend's bike to be nice. He was staying with her mother there and they left her GS where it was for insurance and took what they could salvage. They accepted a drink of whisky with their gas station hoagies. All said and done they will have driven 4k kms in 4 days. Their advice: Keep your wits about you out there and sod off the speed limit, go nuts when it is paved because there is fuck all else to keep you awake.
    IMG_8861.JPG
    Through our banter another vehicle pulls up, pitched two tents fast as you please and whips out some cameras. I never even got their names. They were here for this. To get some night time shots of the dam. It was awesome to see it lit up at night. Cosmo had done some research and was quoting gallons per minute and wattage produced. Beer and whisky made me forget. The other crew snapped some shots and retreated back to the tents. Molly asked if she would wake us when she backed the truck out. Three tradesman and a night shift nurse were not planning on sleeping in late. We said we will be up by 5-530. She said we were crazy and there was no way that was happening. She probably woke up when we warmed up the bikes the next morning

IMG_8867.JPG
  3. Yellow Iron

Yellow Iron Long timer

Oddometer:
    Leaving Levi's and crossing the bridge into Quebec City is when it hit me this trip I've been planning on for years and by night we will be at manic 5 which is what I've wanted to do
    The day would go by in and out of the rain and we would be donning and dorfing our rain gear all day
    The scenery became more moutain and twisty as we neared manic 5. IMG_20170806_171830458.jpg

Attached Files:

GravelRider and bobw like this.
  4. ThirtyOne

ThirtyOne I got my wings back. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Subbed. Nice RR.
    scareraven likes this.
  5. Yellow Iron

Yellow Iron Long timer

Oddometer:
    Strange things are afoot at the ultramart
    We been rolling thru Canada like rock stars. We pulled up to get gas or food and people came from all over .
    So when we were getting gas at ultamart I went to use the restroom and coming out was the hottest Canadian girl I would see the entire trip. Our eyes met and she gave me a wicked little smile. I took a few more steps then turned to see her jump in her hoppty reject from the fast and furious car and speed off.
    I walked into the rest room and it hit me. How could such nice girl leave such a foul smell . I don't know how the paint didn't peel off the walls. I work construction and been in some bad porta potty this was worse. So I stepped outside took a deep breath and in I went did what I had to and watched as the rest of these guys came out with tears in their eyes
    It was pretty funny
    Word of our encounter with hott Canada chicks spread fast and guys at home wanted a picture of the Canadian brown beaver ......that's coming up next IMG_20170806_085918444.jpg
    bobw and CrStep like this.
  6. scareraven

Oddometer:
    It's 'doffing'. And I think it was a Jeep Cherokee. Mad hot girl though. It smelled like some one kicked in a rotting boar carcass
    powderzone likes this.
  7. FLHTK

FLHTK Adventurer

Oddometer:
    That's some funny stuff. I'm in!
    Yellow Iron likes this.
  8. Yellow Iron

Yellow Iron Long timer

Oddometer:
    Our arrival at manic 5 was no different than anyplace else we ripped up to the over look where we would camp for the night the went to top off with fuel
    The truck stop had fuel pumps store some trailers for rooms (looked nice) and a restaurant.
    After fueling I was in the store and the girl behind the counter struck up a conservation. I didn't realize the com was on and the bearded one was listening in the he made a comment . I looked out the window and he was on his way back in . We hung out there and chatted with people coming and going about road conditions and life there in Canada. Then it was off to the restaurant before they close.
    Restaurant was nice again we were rock stars this time it was the bearded guy was mistaken for zz-topp
    After that we raced back to the camp

IMG_20170806_182017415.jpg IMG_20170806_182033074_HDR.jpg
    CavReconSGT and bobw like this.
  9. bobw

bobw Harden the phuck up

Oddometer:
    Just caught up and IN!
    scareraven likes this.
  10. Yellow Iron

Yellow Iron Long timer

Oddometer:
    So it seems everyone links their trip planning to the ride report so here is mine
    http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/trans-lab-2017.1217304/

And all the planning came together and camping at manic 5 was a blast.
    I thought it was like a Unknown location but lots of travelers stopped in and camped the night we met people from all over who came together and had a nice night.
    It was my plans to be there around the time of the full moon. But it was cloudy. I was just getting in the tent when the guys yelled I poked my head out and took a quick Picture. The damm it's self is pretty impressive lit up at night.
    Enjoy some photos
    IMG_20170806_194635634_HDR.jpg IMG_20170806_194709214.jpg IMG_20170806_204633973.jpg IMG_20170806_213952593.jpg
    bobw, FLHTK, CrStep and 1 other person like this.
  11. Yellow Iron

Yellow Iron Long timer

Oddometer:
    A little video of the ride outside Quebec City[​IMG]
  12. scareraven

Oddometer:
    OK
    I am sorry for posting slow as hell. Life gets busy with school work for my new ICU position, working on the wife's bike and projects I had promised to friends. Kind of reminds me why I needed this trip.
    Any way, waking up at Manic 5 brought a smile to my face before I even unzipped my tent. As the guys are all tradesmen and I a night shifter we all woke up early every morning to set off. Cosmo had said his family would be heading out first thing in the morning the night before. We said we would as well. "What time is 'first thing in the morning' for you guys?" he asked. "About 5-530"
    "Shit no you won't see us. That's too early" he says.
    Pack up was quick. We had ADVENTURE awaiting us! Seriously, look up Manic Cinq on the maps and see the lake it is holding back. One of the oldest impact craters known with a small Mt. Babel growing out of the middle. Riding under the damn almost made me crash in awe of the structure. While looking from the campsite, I thought that the road up the far side would be a tad dicey. No worries as the climb was fine and the first steps of the day were accomplished in just a misty haze. Then that good boy of a rain cloud 'heeled' and stuck with us again. All. Fucking. Day. We began to ride the packed and scrapped dirt roads that are common out here. To my understanding, they pack down dirt and scrape it with snowplows to constantly bring the rocks at the side back in and add more substrate. Over years this builds up the surface (in some places over 10 ft) and eventually pave it.
    IMG_8874.JPG
    Once the rain took a solid hold of us I realized many things. I have no experience off road. The bike wiggling under me is normal and it freaks me out. This bike is too big for me to be learning like this. This big is too powerful for a new adventurer. I learn to HATE this surface of snot covered marbles! I just keep hearing Molly's voice from the previous night telling me about the road surfaces that crashed her mother. I am sure that I was frustrating some of my team, but I went slow and built up some confidence with as few ass clenching moments as possible. I quickly felt exhausted and freezing. The cold kept me awake throughout the day. That and I had a raging need to pee all damn day.
    IMG_8879.JPG
    There were few note worthy stops on this road. It really is 'in the middle of no where' beautiful, but it can become repetitive very quickly. This road had a few crews out there putting in drainage and what not. We saw a few trucks coming the other way, and being lead by a heavy equipment mechanic of course Captain Mustache made the "big rig blow the air horn" motion to EVERY ONE of them. Just a child at play. Driving, freezing rain kept me from any other photos for a while, but after cutting back and forth over train tracks for most of the morning, a lot of which had ridiculously sharp corners for the middle of no where, we found some decent pavement for the late morning. Now the road is a posted 80km/hr. I can not stress enough of how 'no where' we are. There are lots of signs that remind you of the limit and WHY that limit is out there. Moose. Great, Big, Murderous, Fuck off moose. We didn't see one, and our happiness at seeing pavement and bravado of not seeing moose let us open the taps for a while. Our upper limit is low 80mph as the KLR was not comfortable above that. Which worked out well as the rain was stinging enough at that speed. I again wished for a short time that I had a sport bike out here, for this part any way. It gave me something to concentrate on, but it was not enough. I will admit now that for the first time I straight up nodded off while riding a bike. It was a fraction of a second but it scared the holy shit out of me. I don't know if it was noticed by anyone else. We were all weaving on the road to stay awake at that point, so my quick, panicked correction might have gone unnoticed by everyone by Beardy Face behind me, but he never said anything. Potentially fatal mistake aside, it was a good motivator to plug back into the ride for the rest of the day. So I took a good swig of some water from my pack and kept on with it. That brought on the bladder pain. Holy shit I have never had to pee so bad. I held not so I didn't have to stop my team, but because the idea of getting off the bike and then restarting was not enticing.
    IMG_8880.JPG
    The road went back to snot marbles after about 2 hours and we started to see signs of life out here. There is a small mining town called Fermont. The 'town' is literally just the mine. As we saw multiple track lines and more motion in the way of trucks and heavy equipment I thought my bladder might get a break.
    THOR'S MIGHTY HAMMER!!! WHAT WAS THAT!?!?!
    I nearly peed in my not waterproof pants as Capt. Stashe is still trying to get everyone to blow and air horn and the conductor of the train obliged him. I was not ready for a train horn to go off. But duly noted and we got in and out of the town in about .25 of a mile. No pee break.
    No, I swear, Labrador is right past here!
    It had better be or I am drying my pants on your bike tonight.

IMG_8899.JPG
    Insert your own nasty Canadian Beaver shot joke here!
  13. scareraven

Oddometer:
    Despite all the bitching in my head, I was forcing a lot of smiles and having a good time. Really. I was honestly thinking about all the shit at home I was not doing and it made me excited. It peaked when I saw the sign that I had been chasing since I left my house.
    IMG_8884.JPG
    We did it. We were here. We made it from our houses to this sign we had all talked about seeing on the interwebs. A lot of hugs and back slapping started. I pushed Meaty back violently enough he dropped stepped to catch me if I bum rushed him. Nope. Gotta PEEEEEEEEeeeee, oh that's good. The highlight of me meeting this goal we had set for ourselves was a weak kneed pee shiver at the side of the road. Once that was handled a few pics while shading my camera from the rain was all we got and we head on to Labrador City.
    Riding in above the city you see how small it really is. A small residential section, one gas pump that we can see and a strip mall with the saddest Walmart you have ever seen. And a Tim's of course. We all got coffee and some goodies. No one spoke. We regretfully took over a corner of the place and just let our shit drip everywhere. It was going to any way. A young guy we kept apologizing to would come over every few minutes and mop under our gear. We eventually perked up and rallied out spirit. People constantly come over to ask us where we were from as we were the only people they did not recognize! EVERYONE asked about the KLR since they had all had one in their youth. Meaty was proud until the Capt reminded him that they all said they had HAD one. No one owned one now.
    Adventure spirit returned, we slogged on wet gloves and soldiered one.
    About 10 miles outside of Labrador we pass a group of four riders pulled over. Standard rules apply we pit stop to make sure they are ok. They are fiddling with a GPS. Here. On this Road.
    This road goes East and West. That is all. THERE ARE NO OTHER ROADS. Not turns to take until you hit Churchill Falls 3-400 miles away.
    But they are recording their route I guess. Captain Mustache pulls up to the lead man 'I'm the Captain, Damn glad to meet you' is how I envision the greeting. We pull up side by each and give 30 second small talk and a fist bump before heading out.
    Another 20-40 miles or so and one of the strangest events I have ever been apart of happens. And I was an EMT for 5 years and am currently and ICU and hospice RN

Meaty and I are speaking to each other on the coms for a bit and I say I am going to listen to some music. Almost instantly Capt slows down in front of me. Meaty is not behind me any more. I blink in the blue tooth and ask what happened.
    "My chain is gone!"
    No
    No way. How, the fuck, does a one lose a chain and lose it up here!? What the fuck now? No fucking stores around and no way to fix it here!
    Beardy Face pulls up having seen it come off and we inspect it. The Master link has come off. It was a clip type and Meat is not the type to put the clip on backwards. This was a new chain before he set off! A passing truck reminds us that we are fair game out here. There is a pull off 100ft ahead of where we are and we head for it. I park up and still hearing Meat huffing to push his bike in my ears, the four riders we passed come up to us.
    "No shit. You lost a chain!?"
    "yeah....."
    "On the KLR?"
    "yeah......"
    "I got one!" placed it in Meaty's hand.............
    Are you shitting me? A rare to impossible failure and one part that can fix it is in his hand before he even got his bike to the side of the road.
    "HOW IS THIS HERE!? WHY DO YOU HAVE A SPARE LINK?"
    Savior Jerry points- "I'm riding a KLR ain't I?"
    three of them are.

IMG_8891.JPG
    Unbelievable. Serendipity, Odin, traveler's luck, or just plain good nature of people saved our seriously fuct bacon right there. They are a good natured crew and we bull shit while Meat fixes his chain with a camp hatchet and a rock. They are riding the same route we are but from their homes around Nova Scotia. Savior Jerry gives us his phone number in case of further misfortune. He keeps describing riding his Cadillac since he blew the shock on his bike and it bounces down the road. He can refresh it in about 15 min. lying his bike on its side. HA! In my own way I need to commemorate this moment so I give Savior Jerry my last fuck. I ordered coins that have a middle finger on them and say Zero Fucks on them. So I literally gave him my last fuck to give. He got a good chuckle out of it and pocketed it.

IMG_8894.JPG

The rain never stopped BTW. I don't want you as a reader to miss out on that part of the adventure. The other group leaves and Meat finishes his road side repair. He is scared to go over 55 now with a weak link. And any stop is accompanied by massive amounts of chain lube. All our chains are now dripping with the stuff out of fear of our own failures.
    We slog it to Churchill Falls which is a hydro electric switching station. The name may ring a bell as it is here that rolling black out down the east coast a few years ago started. And I thought Labrador City was small. The carbon copy house units dot the land around a small school. We find the only fuel pumps in town and guess who is there? Savior Jerry and his crew! We share a quick handshake and call them fucking crazy. We are losing the sun as we speak and they are pushing on to Goose Bay tonight. Another 4 hours on. But they have a reservation and intend to keep it. As they leave the pumps I pull up and see something shiny in the dirt. Thinking they have maybe dropped a 'Toony' I see that my Last Fuck has come back to me. Fell out of his pocket I guess. Like Smeagol, I pocket my precious and get fuel. The 'hotel' in town is in a big all purpose building. It is where the first workers must have lived to build this company town. It is a combination gift shop, laundry, restaurant, hotel, and town garage; best I can figure.
    Hot damn the other crew is running out after a quick bite. I ask Savior Jerry if he has a fuck to give. His face falls as he searches his pocket. I gave it back to him saying he should recognize that I gave him my last fuck AGAIN!
    Off they went and we secured a small room the four of us cranked on the heat and opened every window we could. Four foul smelling guys and their wet gear made that room pretty rank damn quick. Showers for everyone and we head over to the restaurant for a quick crappy bite and a drink.
    IMG_8897.PNG
    This is where we are. No where and while I thought we were going to be camping out here, I am happy as hell to have a roof over my still drying and warming head tonight.
    We bullshit with the owner/manager/host/waiter and he tells us in the summer (its August?) he leads trips as a fishing guide. Great guy gives us permission to wash our clothes and tells us where he hides the spare detergent people leave behind so we don't have to pay anything. A quick call to the wife and I figure we can have a beer to two and bullshit in the room for a while. In less than 20 min we are all passed out.
    GravelRider, bobw, Maggot12 and 2 others like this.
  14. CavReconSGT

CavReconSGT Just the right amount of evil. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Outstanding. I am really enjoying this report.

KR
    scareraven, Maggot12 and FLHTK like this.
  15. killianm

killianm Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Keep writing. I'm reading and enjoying this from Twillingate on the Rock. I'm doing the loop and went through Churchill Falls on Sunday.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk
    bobw, scareraven and Maggot12 like this.
  16. Yellow Iron

Yellow Iron Long timer

Oddometer:
    3am is my alarm time at home and I'm on a pretty good schedule and wake up about that time every day.
    Manic 5 I opened my eyes still dark must have been around 3am no work today go back to sleep. A few hours later I opened my eyes light is up riding is my job this week. I get up start packing the other guys get up and while we are packing camp stoves come out and water is being boiled everyone broke out a package of moutain house and breakfast was consumed.
    Breakfast and camping at manic 5 was a true adventure moment. Tour tech wish they could sell something like this it would be on page 3 of their catalog

Packed up and rolling the road was dirt climbing out of manic seemed to be going uphill all day. Everyone you talk to watch out for moose bear and ect you would think it would look like a Disney movie along the way....... nothing......
    Then we saw grouse. And then again more grouse. And a beaver I had to turn around to get the money shot.

Each road construction site we passed remind me of my own work . Because I work on heavy equipment. I saw guys doing the job I do at home. So I waved at every passing truck knowing that work can be boring at times.

Then we were back on the pavement and in came the rain. So we gas stopped at reglis

IMG_20170807_082600061.jpg
    Then we pushed on rain all the way thru
    Next stop was the wooden bridge
    IMG_20170807_092736891.jpg

IMG_20170807_092714178.jpg

Fire lake was cool twisting trail through the woods for no reason we saw a big rig off the road then we passed a wheel loader I'm sure was going to pull it out
    Seeing the iron mine and riding about through the center of it was an experience. Run right along side locomotive engines and getting them to blow there air horns brought some excitement to the day.
    Then on the horizon just past the mine we saw the welcome sign.
    Stopped snapped a few pics and went into lab city for lunch
    IMG_20170807_114909789_HDR.jpg
    jackoamerica, CavReconSGT and bobw like this.
  17. Yellow Iron

Yellow Iron Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just a brief intermission from the story
    Remember to support the Canadian wyld life. Beavers are being destroyed in the name of fashion. Seeing a beaver is rare and even more so one that hasn't been skinned for it's pelt. The trendy thing these days is to skin the beaver Leaving it to fend for it's self In the harsh elements. Some may think a completely bald beaver is a thing of beauty but don't get caught up. A healthy beaver should have a nicely groomed pelt whether is just a stripe triangle or full cover .
    The guys at home were requesting photos of the Canadian brown beavers as all the wild nj NY and PA beavers are a rare sight. And can only be seen in captivity and you have to pay to observe them.
    So no beavers were harmed during our trip. The only sighting we had was the one just north of manic hit by a truck and not the ktm as the Jersey boys thought.
    Be sure to donate to save the Canadian wyld fund. To save the beavers
    IMG_20170807_071514856.jpg
    Cue the sappy donation music and dogs with sad eyes Sara
    bobw likes this.
  18. trek686

trek686 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looking forward to reading the rest of the trip report. I did the same trip two years ago and left from NJ. This is bringing back memories and yes the food in Churchill Falls was crappy. Worst of the trip in my opinion.
  19. Yellow Iron

Yellow Iron Long timer

Oddometer:
    IMG_20170807_115150892.jpg Ok after leaving the wooden bridge and looking for kr stickers we made it to the welcome to labador sign ( scareraven pictures look just like mine)
    The rain was pretty steady all the way in to lab city. So no stops and no good photos.

When we pulled into lab City we stopped for gas I saw a group of riders pulling away as we pulled up for gas . We all topped off and made a bee line across the parking lot to Timmy Hortons.
    I guess I was hungry a #7 turkey club fries a donut and chowder.
    We sat and ate trying to dry off scareraven made a run to Walmart for supplies and snagged me a new SD card for the GoPro and some other supplies for things that needed repairs.
    Thanks again.
    I chatted with a guy he lived in lab city for 20 years could have been the mayor for all the history and working of the town he told us.
    Then it was back to our gear
    I guess this is where we learned what was working and what was not.
    With lunch down our necks off we went. I just caught a glimpse of the other group leaving as we were gearing up.
    We rolled out and things we pretty uneventful. Then we rolled up on the other group I pulled up to check and make sure that they were OK. I saw one of the guys taping up his rainsuit with black duct tape. He said Bass pro shop gear is no good for the motorcycle.
    They we're all smiles so off we went . I started seeing signs for Churchill falls and over the comm " meaty threw a chain'
    Me "what"
    Beardo "I'm going back for it"
    I looked in the mirror scareraven was right behind me we pulled off . He stayed in the pull off and I went back to find the chain. Meaty was pushing the Bike at a pretty good pace just at the crest of a hill .
    Me " get off the road I see trucks coming"
    I see the bearded one coming
    Beardo 'i got the chain"
    I u turned again and followed everyone in with my 4 ways on the truck passed and a pack of klrs pulled in behind me.
    Meaty had no master and Jerry who we just met happen to have one.
    I'm the mechanic of the group and these guys jumped into action had it back on in minutes and it was a 50 mph ride into Churchill falls.
    At the gas station I bought meat a Canadian lottery ticket but he didn't get lucky twice.
    We checked into the Churchill falls hotel . I was still full from lunch so I cleaned up in the room and sacked out watching American pickers reruns

Attached Files:

CrStep, CavReconSGT and bobw like this.
  20. DockingPilot

DockingPilot Hooked Up and Hard Over

Oddometer:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk