Trans Labrador Highway run (Orma Lake Rd) 2017

Discussion in 'Americas' started by CavReconSGT, May 2, 2017.

1. CavReconSGT

CavReconSGT Just the right amount of evil.

Oddometer:
    Trip has started. Just passed into VT.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    jackoamerica likes this.
  2. Robnoxious

Robnoxious Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Safe travels keep it between the ditches

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. skibum69

skibum69 slave to gravity Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yeah, shiny side up:D
  4. damurph

damurph Cold Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The far east of the far east of North America
    At the Canadian Border last week the officer in the booth told me to keep it between the Mayo and the mustard. Do that.
    Robnoxious likes this.
  5. jackoamerica

jackoamerica Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Rob.. Hate to mention the "J" word (Jeep)...lol. but I'm doing the Labrador Loop in my black Wrangler, leaving the coast of Maine the 1st of Aug. Crossing ftom Matane to Baie-Comeau that evening. Might run into you along the way. Was stationed in the Rock in the late 60's, and have been back many times since. Never this route. Looking forward to it.
    Nice thread..
  6. Sjoerd Bakker

Sjoerd Bakker Long timer

Oddometer:
    Another neat FREE camping spot ( most anywhere you want is acceptable so long as it isn t on obvious manicured private lawns or has NO CAMPIN G signs up)

On the north peninsula at the north end of the village of Three Mile Rock there is an excellent flat sheltered area on the bluff edge overlooking the ocean . There is a gravel lane that wends down 6 m to that level . There are a number of spots you can use out of the wind behind trees or in the full view of the sunset . NO black flies .It is 5 km north of the north boundary of Gros Morne National Park and at the south end of the low section of the Parsons Pond River flat.
    There is a freshwater spring down the bluff where. locals come to fill jugs with the clean water , have a chat with some of them .
    RG1984 and davesax36 like this.
  7. Tewster2

Tewster2 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yep, the heidi's last a long time because they are made out of rock hard rubber.....and...with rock hard rubber there is very little traction in the wet...simple physics....I love the Pilot Road 4's, Shinko 705 series, Anakee 3, Mitas E0-7, and TCK 80/70 series.
  8. Robnoxious

Robnoxious Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey it's ok bring whatever u want. You and I will probably be reaching Baie-Comeau at the same time. Look for a white KTM lol. Probably at a place to eat or a bar lol.

jackoamerica likes this.
  9. Robnoxious

Robnoxious Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for all the cool places to camp. I figured pretty much all was free game. Did go with the K60 Scout tires. I figure I'll have to be on my toes on the wet pavement. I may even have to put the bike into rain mode something I never did before. Any how I will know first hand about these tires after this trip. I figured what the Hell might as well go for it.

10. jackoamerica

jackoamerica Adventurer

Oddometer:
  11. jackoamerica

jackoamerica Adventurer

Oddometer:
    .lol. Will do..my hang-outs, too..
  12. Robnoxious

Robnoxious Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Lol

jackoamerica likes this.
  13. jackoamerica

jackoamerica Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey. Booked the Matane/Baie-Comeau ferry for Tuesday the 1st. Getting into BC, around 6. Staying in a motel this night to get a fresh start next day..lol (can't or don't want to, afford that every night. Lol) will be tenting it most of the rest of the way. I'm staying down by Wal-Mart. Comfort inn. Stop by if able and say hi.. Might cross paths again as we head to The Rock.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
  14. skibum69

Oddometer:
    Heading home on Wednesday and a bunch of bikes are supposed to show up.
    jackoamerica likes this.
  15. Robnoxious

Robnoxious Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sounds like a great time

16. CavReconSGT

Oddometer:
    Hey guys. If you have been following along you know we finished the Trans Labrador highway. It was a good trip. We are now in a B&B at French Island on Newfoundland. I will do more of a write up at some point when I get back.Sorry I missed you guys. Robnonxious, did you get the inReach message that I sent? Did very little of the Orma Lake road. Very rough, difficult road even on an unloaded large bike. I'll write up more probably when I get back.

KR
  17. Robnoxious

Robnoxious Adventurer

Oddometer:
    No I didn't get the message u sent. I would have responded if I did. I only received one message from u. I'm glade to know about Orma LK Rd. It looks like I'm leaving here on Monday and I'm going to meet up with another inmate Jackoamerica. Safe travels guys drink lots and pick up many ladies.

jackoamerica likes this.
  18. skibum69

Oddometer:
    Don't know where you're headed right now but I'm home here:[​IMG]
    TRoberts and jackoamerica like this.
  19. jackoamerica

jackoamerica Adventurer

Oddometer:
  20. CavReconSGT

Oddometer:

We are in Gros Morne KOA right now. We had ferry connection problems. We were not able to get the ferry and can't get on until 2345 tomorrow (Saturday). Seven hour ride on the ferry. Getting off and then a ride down the Cabot trail. Unfortunately, crossing over to the St Johns area isn't in the plans. I wish it was. I can say I love Newfoundland and will be back and will spend time looking at the east side of the island.

Robnoxious, have a great and safe trip with the other inmate. You should have gotten it as an email I believe. Anyways, the trip was very uneventful though there is some gravel I would be careful of at times. I would ABSOLUTELY be careful crossing the steel bridge south of Goose Bay called the Veterans bridge. Do NOT hit that bridge faster than 30MPH until you feel its OK. I am glad I had read warnings about that bridge before I hit it.

Safe travels,
    KR

jackoamerica likes this.