Trans-Mass Trail

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Northeast, Southeast & Florida' started by Hulked Up, Aug 10, 2008.

1. Milosh

Milosh Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Does anyone actually have a printable map like a Butler's for this or any of the trails like the Tomato or the Puppy or the Hamster?
  2. Dualsport Chic

Dualsport Chic Long timer

Oddometer:
    There are no such maps made that I am aware of - not sure making them would be profitable enough for anyone to even attempt with the widespread use of phone and gps devices these days.
    Milosh likes this.
  3. flei

flei cycletherapist

Oddometer:
    You can easily print any GPX formatted trails out onto a map using the free GPS Visualizer program. http://www.gpsvisualizer.com
  4. Milosh

Milosh Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    20 8" x 11" pages later...

Thanks!
    Rusty Rocket likes this.
  5. flei

flei cycletherapist

Oddometer:
    Having done this myself so I’d have back-up maps (due to not being able to reliably get my Garmin to cooperate), be aware there are likely glitches on some routes. When this occurs it’s no big deal as there are no bad roads along these routes and taking wrong turns can be just as much fun.
    Milosh and VanHarlan like this.
  6. Rusty Rocket

Rusty Rocket Life behind "Bars"

Oddometer:
    There's a really good map of Berkshire County.

it's printed by JIMAPCO
    http://www.jimapco.com/shop/berkshire-county/

it has been my go to map for about 20 years of organizing and laying out events for motorcycles in W. MA
    It has almost every obscure road that is a town or county way that is legal to ride a registered bike on
    interactive3 likes this.
  7. JPMartin86

JPMartin86 When in doubt throttle out...

Oddometer:
    Hows the route? Still snow and ice out that way? I'm looking to make a pass on Monday.
  8. Rusty Rocket

Oddometer:
  9. Rusty Rocket

Oddometer:
    Did you go?
  10. SRTie4k

SRTie4k Northeast Explorer

Oddometer:
    I took my own route (see sig) as well as a bit of Hamster last Sunday, and it was mostly dry with a handful of very wet/muddy spots. 80% of the ride was hard packed wet dirt, while 10% was thin mud and the last 10% deep, wet mud. Most of the latter stuff was heavily tree covered roads with no drainage. And we did run into one small section that was still ice covered.

From my own experiences riding TMT early in the season, I'd say right now 75% of it will probably be very easy with a few sections that will be sketchy even with 50/50 tires.
  11. Hich76

Hich76 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Headin up to do both the east and west TMT's from 5/30 to 6/4. Staying at Fernwood Campground in Hinsdale, about 7 Miles to East Washington Rd. Will be doing the full loop, CW one day and CCW another day. On the Southend will not be going down all the way to Winsted. Will try cut across off Rt. 183 onto Norfolk Rd. to S. Sandisfield Rd(around the Mass/Conn border). If they are not rideable will try N. Colebrook to Barry Hill Rd to Wheeler. Anyway I wanna end up by Doolittle and Wheeler roads.
    If anyone is around those days and wants to join in send out a E-Mail to billhich@gmail.com
    You also camp out Summit Hill Campground which is right off Washington Rd.(west TMT)
    I'll be riding a 2012 WRR
    animalmx305 likes this.
  12. SRTie4k

SRTie4k Northeast Explorer

Oddometer:
    Everything should be easily passable right now. Despite the few rain storms we've gotten, the roads are currently very dry up in the northeast.
  13. animalmx305

animalmx305 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    ....Im heading up that way this weekend.... thinking clockwise ... northern part branch off and do some exploring ...I think you had perfect weather
  14. Hich76

Hich76 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yes...perfect weather. Rain showers at night, just enough to keep the dust down. I went CW first day, about 210 miles from Fernwood campground, this includes going down to Shell Gas Station in Winsted. Then the next two days did lower half 110 miles each day. If you don't hafta go to the shell gas station you can take Church Hill rd to N. Colebrook to Barry Hill rd, then to Wheeler Rd. and cut out some slab. When going CW and headin back on the TMT from Neighbors Gas Station(in Ashfield, Ma) to the Shell Gas Station in Winsted is about 95 miles.
    ogklx400 likes this.
  15. animalmx305

animalmx305 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Awesome ...done it a couple years ..had fun..... anyway next time you heading up I'm in Port Jefferson hit me up I'm Bill you came up snowboarding to Vermont house years ago ..Me and Jeff Dunn and Freddy from Rocky point bike shop used to rent for season
  16. Hich76

Hich76 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Alright...sounds good. I mostly camp/ride in the NJ Pines. I'm headin up to do both the 2012 & 2018 PDR's at the end of the month to July 5th. Staying in Wilmington this time. Will be doing the lower half of the PDR.
  17. animalmx305

animalmx305 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    So I did this route Saturday and came across tree blocking section in East Windsor on River road so we had to do a little detour on Worthington road to route 9..….no big deal ....looks like tree fell across trail very recently
  18. Addapost

Addapost Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    IMG_1041.jpg
    Yep we hit it Saturday. What a nice ride!
  19. 1 Wheel Drive

1 Wheel Drive Flatus Antiquous Supporter

Oddometer:
    I think there was tree down on that exact same section a few years ago. I wonder if one of the neighbors doesn’t like us going through there? It’s not that great of a section, overgrown with tree branches, etc. and the path is actually (poorly) paved. Just seems weird that another tree would be across nearly the exact same place
  20. animalmx305

animalmx305 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yeah it was an awesome weekend.... couldn't ask for better weather