Trans-Mass Trail

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Northeast, Southeast & Florida' started by Hulked Up, Aug 10, 2008.

1. 1 Wheel Drive

1 Wheel Drive Flatus Antiquous Supporter

Oddometer:
    My bad. Either I’m confusing you with someone else or just confused. Usually it’s the latter. :loco
  2. Hich76

Hich76 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I was out Sunday too and Monday. Perfect weather. Did the whole Loop, about 190 miles. Sadly....Lot of Paving going on the Westside. Stayed at the Blackberry River Inn in Norfolk, CT, 4.5 miles to Wheeler Rd/Barry Hill Rd. TMT Full Loop 2019-10-02.jpg

Attached Files:

DrPayne likes this.
  3. Hich76

Hich76 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The Blackberry River Inn....
    pic is from a raining tuesday
    blackberry river inn.jpg
  4. sjc56

sjc56 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I used to to go cross country skiing there,nice trail across the street.
  5. JPMartin86

JPMartin86 When in doubt throttle out...

Oddometer:
    Had a nice little ride on the TMT this weekend. Such a nice easy and enjoyable ride. We took a detour in Becket to see an abandoned quarry. Highly recommend stopping there. We didn't see much of anyone else out there, has everyone packed their bikes away for the season!? DSC03395.JPG DSC03401.JPG DSC03406.JPG DSC03410.JPG DSC03427.JPG DSC03437.JPG DSC03448.JPG DSC03451.JPG IMG_20191019_125815.jpg
    MADS, zonth, BigOgre and 4 others like this.
  6. KMM696

KMM696 Devout Agnostic

Oddometer:
    Not done for the season, but a busy time of year. Thinking about running the loop south of Rt 143 Friday, if I get the rest of the outside chores done. My limit for riding is usually first road salt.

Looks like y'all had a good day of it!
    JPMartin86 likes this.
  7. 1 Wheel Drive

1 Wheel Drive Flatus Antiquous Supporter

Oddometer:
    I’ve ridden the full-day loop from Greenfield (down to the CT border, and the Alternate route back to Greenfield) several times, but we usually do it on weekdays. Never seen anyone else out on the route other than whoever I came to ride with. It just doesn’t get all that much traffic, and that is a good thing, IMO.

Should probably go out and ride it again this year before the snow flies.
    jimmycapp, ozmoses and JPMartin86 like this.
  8. BeowulfNH

BeowulfNH Dual Sport

Oddometer:
    Really enjoyed the northern 45 miles or so on Sunday morning. Chilly but beautiful. Thanks for mapping out this ride and I hope to do the whole thing one of these days. Need a little more time, and daylight, than I had Sunday.
  9. sjc56

sjc56 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Since this may be the last warmish day I'm heading up with a friend from Enfield CT to Greenfield and head southend see how much we can do on the today TM. So if you see orange Buell Uly and a V Strom give a wave.
    gmk999 and JPMartin86 like this.
  10. TT72

TT72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Cold morning enjoy
  11. flei

flei cycletherapist

Oddometer:
    Watch for ice. It's below freezing up in the hilltowns. Nice day to ride before the snow though.
    gmk999 and Dualsport Chic like this.
  12. sjc56

sjc56 Long timer

Oddometer:
    F6BE0CF6-83F2-45B6-88C1-52383A2E09A7.jpeg 999597BA-A003-4028-88AE-B82B3DFA4193.jpeg Well it turns out we started to go the ride to "the beach route"not the TM, which also ends,starts in Greenfield. Things where going well when just getting into Miller Falls state park ( i think thats where we where) I get a check engine light on the Buell along with my voltage light I added flashing low battery! I stop, wait for my friend to notice I am no longer behind him and shut the bike off, thinking no worry I have my little jump battery on me. That didn't work, it was down to %65 which I guess wasn't enough to crank the big old V twin. So he rode home and got his trailer and came back for me. I had to do the tow of shame. Not sure what the issue is. I put in a new voltage VR and stator last fall. Maybe the New VR failed.
    Last year doing the Trans Mass N to S my friend on his Guzzi Quota got a flat north of Otis and had to get a tow back we did have a nice lunch.
    JPMartin86 likes this.