Trans-Ohio Trail planning thread

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by dox, Dec 7, 2011.

1. mgorman

mgorman Crashing since 1964

Oddometer:
    Woody's does not serve breakfast or lunch but you can get drunk. Bealsville Diner was nice
    SlipChip likes this.
  2. Flyingmeatball

Flyingmeatball Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Was there ever a GPS developed for this trans Ohio Trail if so where do I find it
  3. jarvinator

jarvinator n00b

Oddometer:
    BUMP! Yes, where? anyone? Thx
  4. Chazzz

Chazzz Long timer

Oddometer:
    Pretty sure @Rudderfeet is in charge of the TOT files now or at least knows who is if you'd like to get in touch with him.
    Unitrackmind and Rudderfeet like this.
  5. dazz

dazz 1947 Famous James.

Oddometer:
    In the old days we rode 50 Sundays a year. Before they allowed those stinking hunters to hunt Sunday! Now, inch by inch, we loose riding. Good time to be old. Maybe get a bicycle like Gorman?
    FDF1987C-ABFB-465A-94B1-A196D5EA096D.jpeg
  6. mgorman

Oddometer:

Hey! How's DZ and the Gang?

I still ride, I just don't hang out on here much. I'm surprised I even received a notification that someone was making fun of me!

I did 2 races this year, a National Sprint Enduro in WV and the Lumber Jack Enduro in Bergholz. I kind of got bored with riding in Ohio so most of my riding has been out of state the past couple years. That and this year we did Moab and Colorado in a Jeep instead of a motorcycle. It's easier to strap her in and let her claw the dashboard and shit handle than break my ribs on the shelf roads.

I had hoped to hit your 4 hour in the ironman class but I was riding down south and forgot to look ahead and see what was happening. I did get 3,500 miles in on the bicycle too :)
    FireDog45 likes this.
  7. dazz

dazz 1947 Famous James.

Oddometer:
    You're my hero Mike. I know you are an avid bike rider which keeps you so young. How about Black Bear Pass outside of Telluride? Did you give that a try?

I've moved to shorter, small bore bikes last year. I got shorter and fatter! Oh, and with my wife we take the Can Am Spyder. Hey as long as we keep doing something we enjoy. That's what it's all about. Nice seeing you!
    mgorman likes this.
  8. mgorman

Oddometer:
    Riding has kept us all young at heart, no matter what brand, size or surface you ride on. BTW, I've been tooling around on an '81 XL185S!

I rode Black Bear Pass a few years ago on the 500XC-W. We were supposed to ride it this past fall in the Jeep but forest fire smoke and blizzards kept us off the passes. I went back 2 weeks later but my direction of travel was the wrong way. I ended up doing other passes on my way home.

Merry Christmas!
    dazz likes this.