Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail a.k.a. TWAT

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Central, Texas & Gulf States' started by rokklym, Aug 24, 2011.

1. GoingSolo

GoingSolo Fuck it, LET'S GO!

Oddometer:
    West of the river is an updated track....highly recommended.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk
  2. butch1581

butch1581 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks. So where can i find the gpx file?
  3. GoingSolo

Oddometer:
  4. butch1581

butch1581 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thank you.I got it now. I was just not understanding how to download files from dualsportmaps.com. I got it now. Thanks again.
  5. GoingSolo

Oddometer:
    Good deal. When are you going? Hit the Swing Inn at Ferryville for a burger if you get a chance. Day one dinner when I go. There's a good motel north of there although I forget the name.

6. butch1581

butch1581 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    We are leaving Appleton area the morning of 6/7. Thanks for the advice! We will be tenting it unless its pouring rain. Attempted to do it last year, but ended up getting taken out by an Oldsmobile Bravada on a gravel road. Hopefully better luck this year....
    BLucare likes this.
  7. madrider5150

madrider5150 Riding somewhere

Oddometer:
    I can't figure out how to download the files? Any help would be appreciated
  8. madrider5150

madrider5150 Riding somewhere

Oddometer:
    Thank you for all the responses guys!:beer I didn't realize how it works, much simpler than what I thought. I rode the trail last weekend, the ATV trails in the chequamegon had some pretty deep standing water on the trails, had to reroute a couple of times but it was an easy short bypass. Also there is a bridge out just east of Drummond. Other than that it was a great ride, despite my DRZ dying on I39, didnt like doing 80 for long periods of time, lesson learned. Id recommend eating at Thorpedo in Thorpe and if traveling back through Park Falls, the Park Falls Restaurant I think its called. Sadly the Delta Diner was closed when I passed through. IMG_20170603_122501271.jpg IMG_20170603_174031525.jpg IMG_20170603_122549043.jpg
  9. Romet

Romet Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Madrider5150, glad you had a nice trip. Thanks for the Thorpedo restaurant recommendation. I'll try to do this ride in July'17.
  10. ShortCircuit

ShortCircuit Minnesota MOTOrbiker

Oddometer:
    Do we now need a Wisconsin OHM registration sticker to ride some sections of the TWAT?
  11. GoingSolo

Oddometer:
    Yes.

ShortCircuit likes this.
  12. Romet

Romet Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    ShortCircuit likes this.
  13. mark zaar

mark zaar n00b

Oddometer:
    anyone have a route to intercept the trail. want to ride from northern Illinois, se Wisconsin and looking for interesting way to get there without missing best parts (or too much) of the TWAT.
  14. AronW

AronW Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What's your destination? I hope to do a TWAT trip soon. I'm in Aurora, I plan to ride the Cheese trail as kind of a warm up, then cut over west to get on the TWAT.
  15. Lake_Bueller

Lake_Bueller Own ALL the Corners

Oddometer:
    Unfortunately, there isn't a "fun" route to the start. I did the ride a few weeks ago. Left from my mom's house in Beloit. Just headed straight west until I got to the start of the route. There are some fun paved roads in the beginning that shouldn't be missed. At least that's my opinion.
  16. mark zaar

mark zaar n00b

Oddometer:
    Aaron. We were going to try to make 2 day trip to get to my cabin , about 1.5 hour detour night 2 and then go up to superior a d back to cabin day 3. Might leave bikes up there might ride home not sure yet. If we need to add a day we will. Going to stay at hotel somewhere night one so will be traveling light. Late September at this point, live near gurnee.
  17. GoingSolo

Oddometer:
    I might be interested in joining if you have room. I've ridden the track a couple times and it's a fantastic ride. What's the current plan/dates?
  18. mark zaar

mark zaar n00b

Oddometer:
    Leaving 9/26 from gurnee, il area, hotel that night, Minocqua 9.27 up to superior 9.28 and back to Minocqua. some are riding home either 9.29 or 9.30
  19. BryceB

BryceB It's OK, we know the Mayor!

Oddometer:
    Ok... from what I gather, if I stay on the route, I do not need a OHV decal/registration.

Am I going to mis out on a lot by not having an OHV decal/registration? I'm most likely going to be solo and wouldn't know where I need it and where I don't or where I should even venture off the route.

As an out of stater, whats the process to get one? Can I pick one up when I get up there or do I need to reorder it?

Im looking at riding it the May 20-22. Anything I need to be aware of then?