Transalp 600... modified rally !

Discussion in 'Some Assembly Required' started by Sprayz, May 1, 2020.

1. Sprayz

Sprayz n00b

Oddometer:
    I hope is the right section !

Sorry most of it will be copied from another forum, so some smiley faces will not work :)

Purchase of the motorbike August 5, 2019, end of the project in early January 2020

After having searched AND found a wreck in Bordeaux, I therefore left for Aurillac 3 hours from my home, for ONE transalp.
    Hoping to find a beauty.
    The owner is old and apparently can no longer ride a motorbike!

[​IMG]

I discover the bike and ... there's not much to say, it looks new!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

He explains to me that he mounted the swing arm / disc rim and braking of a model after 91, those before one a drum!
    I better understand the inconsistency, 1989 model 55hp engine = drum braking

It has 39910km on the odometer ... all the fairings have been repainted, even the engine, which he previously opened and checked, he even bothered to run in the valves.
    [​IMG]

I go for a walk it turns like a clock, it makes a very slight clicking noise (I would do a drain, he put shit oil he gave me the can he had left)

Otherwise everything works, I am surprised at the agility and the torque for a small engine

I come back to see him and I don't even negotiate, I leave with! 1700€

[​IMG]

At home with girls :

[​IMG]

PROJECT : TRANS-EURO-TRAIL

receipt the first parts :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

black marzocchi with antifriction treatment + its wheel and axle of Gasgas 300 2009.

[​IMG]

I test the upper triple clamp, perfect!

[​IMG]

I put the lower tee ... it’s the drama, even when it’s tight, there’s still 1mm of play.

[​IMG]

I sent an email to Boano to understand, the tee is intended for a Diam 48 fork which is what I have.
    Boano replied, the tees are intended for their forks which are larger than enduro forks ... obviously this is not specified on the site. He advised me to make a ring so that's what I'm going to do with it!

Otherwise I found an africatwin 650 rd03 arm with axes and adjustment ears! I'm just missing the brake caliper paste, rocker and the screw that goes with it.

[​IMG]

In the meantime I received my muffler It is a silencer of the complete termignoni line for hypermotard 1100! same as mine :)

[​IMG]

Receipt new parts from AT650 !

[​IMG]

I attacked my swing arm! Lidl sandblaster and off you go! A shot of VHT Prime coat paint, I do not have enough spray epoxy paint so I did not continue.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I finally received my paint spray and my 3D printer! suddenly I started prototypes and released a part, more than trying them later in real conditions but I'm not convinced by the abs which tends to break rather than resist the twist :(

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Smoothing with acetone to merge the outer layers and have a clean look:

[​IMG]

Assembly with new screws

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I weighed everything! There's weight to gain! 193kg dry gasoline ... 163.2kg with all these parts less, there are still a lot of parts on the bike to save weight :)

[​IMG]

I'm a bit advanced, we finalize with Boano the graphic kit and the saddle.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Disassembly, petrol tank and wire brush and paint direction!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Reassembly with lithium grease!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also took care of the exhaust line!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

300 € of machining later ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

While waiting for the kit, I did a bit of aesthetics on my rim before enduro :) Painting of the hub, sanding of the strapping and epoxy spray paint! I think I would do a new rim in the future!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I received the BO-ANUS kit. (french joke Bo : nice, Anus... same in english :jack)

Polyester silion resin. Here are the photos, Do you find it normal when I pay € 4,250 for all the parts I bought from him, to receive parts of such poor quality?

The belly pan is filthy, is absolutely not carbon, it is a piece of fiberglass covered with carbon fabric (very badly laid, the screen is horrible and we see the white fiber behind.)
    There are a lot of faults I do not find it normal for products of this price, I still expected a much better quality, it's a professional. The finish of the tank is passed with a brush instead of the gun so it is disgusting.

[​IMG]

The package holder is damaged when it is new.
    There are lots of other things but I leave you photos, they will speak for me.
    I do not find it normal to pay a supplement of screws on a product at 3200 € ?!
    On the fuel pump kit, charge a bundle € 170 for 1 piece of wire and 5 electrical sockets ... for € 20 more you have a complete original harness from Transalp.

He managed to print me the graphic kit with the wrong logo.

Anyway, I'm going to finish dealing with Boano and it's over ... next time I'll do it all myself.

I hope it can discourage you from ordering from him ... who knows we will see maybe see Sprayz kits .... one day :clap

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sanded frame! Pastes welded to the frame, the frame is gone with epoxy! Blank assembly ... Boano no answers... I miss a lot of stuff (saddle fixing, the right graphic kit, front mudguard. yep front mudguard is not include :jack)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Recovered frame, there is a zinc epoxy primer in 1st layer + 2nd layer black color :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Assembly of the rear damper from Africa RD04, all is well!

[​IMG]

I couldn't help it, white mounting!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I prepared the reassembly for Stefter AAC racing
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I start to rebuild all

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6cm gain in rear axle with RD04 rocker! I am missing a small 1cm extension of the yoke and we will be perfect :) I would put a rim of 18 later to be able to remove the extended yoke.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here, screed + 1cm 30cm of ground clearance (without engine protection)

[​IMG]

92cm at the bottom of the saddle. I went around the field at my job, I quickly returned I forgot to tighten the rear wheel axle
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

final :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Return of the day with Trail Adventure Magazine, photo, and test in the afternoon!

he really liked the bike, easy to handle, rather light, he didn't feel like he was on a 600, engine usable with torque that picks up at all speeds, with gouache if necessary, the chassis sound, no vibration and pleasant cockpit with good grip.

He really didn't expect that, he repeated it to me 5 times: D

A bit of breakage on a jump the triple clamp came to hit the top of the mudguard, one of the fixing brackets has broken at the weld, it's already repaired.

Strongly preparing the front fork :)

[​IMG]

Sorry for my english, google help me sometimes but isn't perfect! :bow
    Bowler, JagLite, AK650 and 16 others like this.
  2. Gedrog

Gedrog 1000 mile stare a 1000 stories to tell

Oddometer:
    Looks nice for the kind of money you paid I agree you should find his facebook and social media and post your gripes there if he does not respond
    DKCJ likes this.
  3. Sprayz

Sprayz n00b

Oddometer:
    For boano it's normal, it's artisanal :jack
    Gedrog, Brtp4 and panterg55 like this.
  4. DKCJ

DKCJ a life behind bars

Oddometer:
    Spectacular job. Enjoy!
    I have owned two Transalps and you have done what I could only dream of at the time.
    Congratulations!
    :clap:clap
    backroadbender likes this.