TransCan in under 52 hours

Discussion in 'Canada' started by drnova, Sep 15, 2006.

1. drnova

drnova Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I had just thrown a rear tyre on the DR and decided to go for quick evening drive down town Halifax. On Lower Water St I see a Multistrada up on the sidewalk & a guy taking pictures of the old style signs along the old Kieth's brewery property. I am thinking about replacing my St2 with a multi .... so I stop to have a look at the bike (not a lot of multis around here). The bike is covered in bugs & has a huge fuel cell on the rack...... it turns out the guy is Gary Eagan (he of long distance record setting rides) and he has just finished a ride from Vancouver to Halifax in a wee bit over 51 hours ...... its 6120km from here to there ..... do the math ...... respect! We chat & he is easy to talk to .... and he has a DR at home!
  2. Ontario GS

Ontario GS Budding Adv. Traveler

Oddometer:
    That's an average speed of 117. km per hour, he must of had in-transit refueling, feeding, etc., etc. :evil
  3. Refrider

Refrider Adventurer

Oddometer:
  4. Coolhand

Coolhand Puck slapping maplesucker

Oddometer:
    we'll prob never hear the half of it lol.
  5. drnova

drnova Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    He had a few tales to tell about the latest trip ...... he is a character for sure ......
  6. configurationspace

configurationspace delooper

Oddometer:
    That radar detector must have come in handy. Most of Ontario is 90kph and a lot of it is patrolled pretty well.