Transiting the Heartland

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Central, Texas & Gulf States' started by RSmith, Jul 5, 2016.

1. RSmith

RSmith Adventurer

Oddometer:
    A buddy and I toured Colorado and the adjacent states last month. We found lots of good help and ride suggestions for the destination areas but little to help us with the rides out and back: instead of the slab we had opted for 2-lane from Ohio. The maps and gpx tracks below show the solution that my far-more-energetic friend created. We camped quite a bit of the trip, so the route ended most days at campsites and lakes along the way. The westward route goes from Lake Loramie, Ohio to Fort Collins, Colorado. The return brought us from Rapid City, South Dakota back to Lake Loramie. Most of the route was posted 55 - 70 mph through farm country. Sure is a pretty country....
    ts3doug likes this.
  2. Daleah

Daleah Long timer

Oddometer:
    maps and gpx tracks missing? I can't see them. would be interested since you probably went right past me.
  3. RSmith

RSmith Adventurer

Oddometer:
  4. Daleah

Daleah Long timer

Oddometer:
    thanks. looks great.

Your return trip brought you right through the Quad Cities, which is where I live.
  5. RSmith

RSmith Adventurer

Oddometer:
    We were running from rain when we got to Davenport so we ponied up (89 bucks) to stay in the Comfort Inn. Nice folks there let us park our bikes under the Portico. The rain pounded the campsite but went right around us at the CI. Our return ride through the northern section of the state was very pleasant - even bumped into one of the gents who set up part of the Wisconsin Discovery Ride while stopped for gas.
  6. Daleah

Daleah Long timer

Oddometer:
    glad to see you were treated right. I wish i knew when people were coming through, i could recommend some restaurants. We also have some pretty good bike shops.