Translab soon. Any inmates on route through Labrador?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Kawazacky, Jun 9, 2019.

1. damurph

damurph Cold Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The far east of the far east of North America
    Even better. Neither you nor the machine are twisted.....well maybe the machine is not.....
  2. RG1984

RG1984 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Is that a trip ender for you or just a hiccup for now?
  3. GravelRider

GravelRider AKA max384 Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yikes!

My first day leaving for the TLH was an iron butt attempt. However, my rear tire was defective and I had a blowout, and then my clutch cable snapped. Fortunately I had a spare clutch cable already ran and a spare rear tire (since the mileage on the TR8s won't cover the entire trip). So it wasn't a show stopper, but I wasn't able to do the iron butt ride, and I didn't have the spare tire to change out later in the trip.
    Maggot12 likes this.
  4. Kawazacky

Kawazacky Mad Typist Supporter

Oddometer:
    Not sure. Might take my dr650. But I'm already 3 days behind schedule.
  5. Millwright98

Millwright98 Share the love, leave the dirt in the garden.

Oddometer:
    There were trout there last August.... :)
  6. Kawazacky

Kawazacky Mad Typist Supporter

Oddometer:
    Repaired the rad yesterday. Packed the bike last night. Once I finish this cup of coffee, I'm taking another stab at Labrador! Hope to make the St Simeon ferry for the last crossing, camp around Tadoussac, make it a few hours past Baie Comeau tomorrow ...
  7. 'Bob'

'Bob' Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Always enjoy TLH reports. We rode the Orma Lake and Esker Roads in 2010 and they were fine, really nice camping.
    Only comprehensive report I've seen on riding the rails from Esker to Schefferville is here:
    https://advrider.com/f/threads/most...n-motorcycle-in-eastern-north-america.259475/
    GravelRider likes this.
  8. GravelRider

GravelRider AKA max384 Supporter

Oddometer:
    My trip was a bit of a disaster. I was attempting an iron butt on the first day on my WR250R, which would have been my first on this bike. I ended up with a rear tire blowout due to a faulty tire and my clutch cable snapped. Luckily I had a spare clutch cable and an extra rear tire. However, this scrapped my iron butt ride. I made it 900 miles that first day. It also meant I didn't have the mileage to do everything I wanted on the rear tire. Then to make matters worse, the road washout past HV-GB derailed my plans of making past there. I made it to the end of Orma and back and made it to a very large washout on Esker I wasn't comfortable attempting to cross by myself. So all in all, I got less than half of what I wanted to do completed. Definitely disappointing. But I'll be back another year. I'm tentatively planning on doing it again in 2020.
    'Bob' likes this.
  9. superfunkomatic

superfunkomatic Funky Monkey Trunk

Oddometer:
    I rode through a couple weeks ago without issue - in the rain. To be honest, even in the rain the road or 'highway' is in pretty good shape. Quite a bit of construction but nothing that is particularly show-stopping. Certainly not a lot of traffic mid-week when I was there.