TransLabrador Highway Extension Goose Bay - Cartwright

Discussion in 'Canada' started by StephenB, Jan 4, 2007.

1. pelvis_98

pelvis_98 Havin A Time

Oddometer:
    Just got back with deadly. As said, there is a small section under construction. But even it is not that bad, it was a little slick with all the rain we had. If it had been a nice sunny day it would have been nothing to really talk about, after all family's in cars were going through the construction section.:huh
  2. Deadly99

Deadly99 Fast and Far

Oddometer:
    Got lot's of pics and a good story to tell.

Nope not rocks, just heaps of sand. They're almost done now. As Pelvis said if dry it isn't an issue. we rode it while it was VERY wet and it made you slow down. The rest of the new section is in great shape. Dan and myself kept it above 100 km-h for the bulk of the new section although this was pushing it in the rain (racing daylight and somewhere warm to stay).
  3. bmwblake

bmwblake upside down parker

Oddometer:
    when we came through a few weeks ago it was mostly dry and easy going. i found the new section to be in better shape than most of the older parts of the road.

we passed one construction crew and were warned of "this is the first stone lay" or something like that. my newfie translator hasn't been fully calibrated. that was probably the roughest section of the new road.

4. skibum69

skibum69 slave to gravity Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey Blake, sorry I missed you. I missed your buddies too as I was offshore working.
  5. bmwblake

bmwblake upside down parker

Oddometer:
    not a problem. we ended up hurrying south on the island to get out of the rain and to catch the only open ferry for 2.5 days. i need to go back sometime and give newfoundland a trip of its own.

6. skibum69

skibum69 slave to gravity Super Supporter

Oddometer:

yup, give yourself a month to make it worth you while:D
  7. fast*st

fast*st Dirt rookie.

Oddometer:
    I'll have to doubledown on this suggestion, I'd love to give Newfoundland a month of its own, I did the loop from Baie Comeau up and around through Goose and back down along the coast to Newfoundland in 10 days, awesome sight to see.
  8. Newfie_DR650

Newfie_DR650 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Edge of the World, St. John's, Newfoundland
    Just finished last week on a Varadero and absolutely loved it. Will definitely do it again
  9. DantesDame

DantesDame Ridin' Fool Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    We're still planning on a loop in June, maybe July. It depends on a work project, but I'm still going to try to plan it around black flies and mosquitoes :eek1 The plan is not to camp at all so as to keep the weight down on the bikes.

I'm still watching this thread for updates! :deal
  10. ozmikl

ozmikl Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Dante it is a great trip, have a look at my RR (link below) plenty of pics although I haven't quite finished it yet.
    The flies were incredibly bad when I was up there... take a net.
    There is really only a few spots to camp along the entire Trans Lab but don't let the weight thing stop you from camping it is beautiful out there, Don't miss Battle Harbour the trip on the ferry is well worth it!
    Good luck.
    Michael