Transporting motorcycle using Thailand train

Discussion in 'Asia' started by hafidz_x, Jan 7, 2017.

1. tigersyndicate

tigersyndicate Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So what next with this new rule? No cheap option to save time if we want to ride northen thai from southern?
  2. markinthailand

markinthailand Long timer

Oddometer:
    None that I know of. I will be asking around, since I want to do Chiang Mai to Trang...
  3. Farang Paul

Farang Paul A Late Convert

Oddometer:
    There are companies in Bangkok and in Phuket who will transport 4 big bikes (or 6 mid-size) for 6k from Phuket to Chiang Mai. I haven't used them as that makes the cost very high - we only need to transport 2 bikes. Fly and hire looks to be my only solution.
  4. markinthailand

markinthailand Long timer

Oddometer:
    Probably Nim See Seng will do it -- they deliver anything. I've just not called them yet. There is always the old "farmer with a pickup truck" option. :-)
  5. El Caballo Loco

El Caballo Loco Pants-free living!

Oddometer:
    Nim See Seng is nice. I've used them to ship my bike more than a few times. I don't have a big bike, just an Exciter 150. I've ridden it through most everywhere in Isaan and Northern Thailand now. For an extra 100 baht or so, Nim See Seng will turn that little turd of a bike into a cardboard and bubble wrapped mummy. I'm serious, it's f'n hilarious. When they get done it looks like chunk of cardboard with some wheels sticking out of the bottom. They have good prices and fast service as well. I really, really dig them.

If you can fit it through the door, you can put bikes on the lower berth of some buses as well. You can do this for about 3-400 baht.

I dig the train. I like to put the bike on the train and then fly down separately because I don't like freezing my ass off for 12-15 hours.