Traveing Baja

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by Rubinski, Feb 18, 2021.

1. Rubinski

Rubinski Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That is so cool!! Yes, I went to the ice cream place and had some coffee with a cheese cake with dates. It was delicious!!
    liv2day likes this.
  2. Rubinski

Oddometer:
    Came for breakfast at Restaurant Victor and saw this little raccoon friendly little guy. They found him in the plaza 4 months ago and kept him as a pet. Really windy last night. Had to tie my tent down. Misión San Ignacio seems to have a lot of bad history on how the priest treated the Indians. Sad!! A tree fell in The plaza. The wind knocked it down. They are trimming it and hoping to replant it. I’m thinking of packing up and heading to Mulege!

Attached Files:

Oldschoolrocker and liv2day like this.
  3. Rubinski

Oddometer:
    Stopped in Santa Rosalia at El Muelle Restaurant for sea food soup on my way to Mulege. Great soup! Here in the background is El Palacio Municipal. Used to be a college at one time. The French ran the mines here so there is a lot of French influence in the architecture. And of course, no place is complete without a Thrifty ice cream.

Attached Files:

AzMtnThumper and liv2day like this.
  4. liv2day

liv2day Life is about how you handle Plan B Supporter

Oddometer:
    Mulege is wonderful. If you're a beer drinker, find Mulege Brewing and have a couple pints. You might run into a couple friends of mine who have places down there - one in Mulege proper and another south of there on Bahia Concepcion. Speaking of Bahia Concepcion - that's camping paradise on most any of the beaches. Might be windy given the time of year, but incredible scenery.

Enjoyed the pics from your stay in San Ignacio and stopping at Santa Rosalia.

Wish I was down there.
  5. Rubinski

Oddometer:
    Arrived in Mulege and tried to find a camp site. The wind is still pretty bad so I settled for a casa de huéspedes and a shower after three days of camping. Not bad for $25 US. Went for a drink at the Mulege brewery but they close at 9:00. I’ll have to catch it on the way back if I come back this way.

Attached Files:

Oldschoolrocker and liv2day like this.
  6. Rubinski

Oddometer:
  7. Rubinski

Oddometer:
    They close early.
  8. Rubinski

Oddometer:
    Left Mulege this morning but first I had to get a fresh squeezed Orange Juice. Went for some tacos de pescado y camarón! They were delicious. I’m considering going back for tacos again tomorrow since I’m only 30 kilometers south of Mulege in Playa Santispac. The palapas are $200 pesos per night. The wind has finally stopped and it is calm on the Sea of Cortez!!!

Attached Files:

9. Rubinski

Oddometer:
    Went for a swim last evening. The water was cold but bearable. Then went to use tie internet at the restaurant in Playa Santispac. This morning I had my coffee on the beach. I met this family in El Rosario. It’s mom, dad, daughter and grandpa. I have been running ‍♂️ into them for the past three days. They are from Rosarito. Invited the dad for a beer in Mulege. This is his wife Isabel.

Attached Files:

AzMtnThumper and liv2day like this.
  10. Rubinski

Oddometer:
    After my coffee, I got on my bike and rode back to Mulege (15 miles) for breakfast, water, wine, cheese, and gas. Paid $120 Pesos for a great breakfast, huevos rancheros, with frijoles, y arroz!!! Chased it down with a Jamaica drink. Can’t beat that for $6.00. The ingenuity of Baja. Who needs a door knob??? 24B6FD29-C846-41ED-95A6-32B36E3484E1.jpeg F6D778C1-583A-45F8-9D62-DB048CB5A299.jpeg D3C2003B-DEA9-4E45-8828-DA454EE365E0.jpeg C824605B-3B50-491F-9342-03FA86862241.jpeg
    liv2day likes this.
  11. liv2day

liv2day Life is about how you handle Plan B Supporter

Oddometer:
    Awesome @Rubinski! Keep the updates coming, so great to see the Sea of Cortez and Bahia Concepcion. I'd love to be back down there hanging out, very envious man.
  12. Rubinski

Oddometer:
    Got up to have my coffee on the beach this morning. Met Dan in Playa Santispac riding a Suzuki 650. He and a group from the US flew to La Paz and headed down to Cabo with friends. He decided to take a bus up north from Cabo and ended up buying this Suzuki in La Paz and is driving it back home to the US. Yesterday Morning I drove back to Mulege for breakfast and some provisions. While fueling up, I met a group of cyclists on their way to Loreto. Here is a pic of the family from Rosarito that I have been running into. I paid for their camp site yesterdat, so Last night they invited me to their dinner where they cooked filetes de pescado told them that it was not necessary that they feed me but they insisted. The fish was out of this world. I broke camp down in Playa Santispac and arrived in Loreto for lunch. Great fish tacos. Getting ready to head out to Puerto Lopez Mateo on the Pacific side. Hope to catch a tour to go watch the whales tomorrow morning.

Attached Files:

13. Rubinski

Oddometer:
    Arrived in Puerto Lopez Mateo yesterday. Beautiful Sunset.

Attached Files:

liv2day likes this.
  14. Rubinski

Oddometer:
    Went on a whale watching tour this Thursday morning. Saw a few but they would not stay up above surface very long. Also saw this bird with a young one. They tell me that they are diving eagles and that they dive for fish thus the name.

Attached Files:

liv2day and bigjohnsd like this.
  15. Rubinski

Oddometer:
    Arrived in Cabo this evening so I didn’t get out to take pics or see the town. Found an Airbnb for the night since I needed a good shower. This place does not look at all like the pic on Airbnb, and the neighborhood looks pretty rough. I hate to doc these people who are trying g to make a living, not you also want to be fair to those who may want to stay here. Decisions decisions. As long as I don’t have any problems I’ll give them a positive rating.

Attached Files:

liv2day likes this.
  16. Rubinski

Oddometer:
    Arrived in Cabo this evening so I didn’t get out to take pics or see the town. Found an Airbnb for the night since I needed a good shower. This place does not look at all like the pic on Airbnb, and the neighborhood looks pretty rough. I hate to doc these people who are trying to make a living, not you also want to be fair to those who may want to stay here. Decisions decisions. As long as I don’t have any problems I’ll give them a positive rating.
  17. Rubinski

Oddometer:
    Met with Jorge in San Jose del Cabo, the family I met in El Rosario. He has a compadre here. Had breakfast at Molly’s amd went fishing with him, his daughter, his father in law and his compadre. Awesome day!

Attached Files:

liv2day likes this.
  18. Rubinski

Oddometer:
    Got to see some whales. Can’t post videos since I don’t have an account to post.

Attached Files:

liv2day likes this.
  19. Rubinski

Oddometer:
    Made it to Los Canos two days ago. Lost track of time. Wa pretty disappointed with Cabos San Lucas. Rode out to San Jose del Cabo and met up with Jorge and his family. His wife’s brother has a Compadre in San Jose del Cabo and they were staying with him, so they invited me over.

Attached Files:

liv2day likes this.
  20. Rubinski

Oddometer:
    So at Jorge’s brother-in-law’s house we had the best fish ceviche I’ve had ever had. That fish had been alive 8 hours earlier. The compadre also took us out on his boat fishing and we met a mom whale with her calf. Most awesome sight ever!!!!

Attached Files:

liv2day likes this.