traveliving | a romantic & practical guide eBook

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by thepinproject, Apr 28, 2017.

1. thepinproject

thepinproject Adventurer

Oddometer:
    My name is Nikos Dimitriou and recently I published an eBook about what I am actually doing the last 5 years. Typically, I am travelling non-stop in a camper van but basically I am traveliving.

So, the eBook is about traveliving, a term which I coined after so long time in the roads of Europe, Africa and America that literally involves long-time, slow travel as well as surviving on the road.

In this eBook I tried to summarize all the aspects of how to shape your dream of travelling around the world, find the courage to quit everything, get meticulously prepared for such an adventure as well as survive on the road emotionally & financially. Additionally, my only objective in writing this book is to make my small contribution to the long-standing travellers community.

Someone would think that I am trying to promote my book in a big travellers community like this but this is not my point. By the way, I send an email to the administration but they never got back ;-(

At this stage, if you think that I am trying to promote my book, please delete my post. However, this is not my point.

I wrote this book while travelling (started and finished writing in Mexico and published while in Colombia). So, i am still an active traveller, not retired and I mainly decided to make this book in order to give answers to me (thats the romantic side of the story). In the meantime, I decided to include practical information for all of the people who have the same dream: to see the world.

Despite the fact that i am not a rider (I still have a Vespa in my garage;-), the book includes info & details for the four basic means of transport that travellers use: car, moto bicycle & backpackers.

The decision to travel is always the first that comes before trip planning. I would say is the denominator.. Then you pick your vehicle, your equipment, gear and so on..

So, I only want to make a small contribution..

By the way, the book has been reviewed, edited and prefaced by Mrs Elsebie Olivier, a former travel gear entrepreneur and current Round-The-World traveller on a motorbike.

By planting this little seed, I want a pine tree to grow rather than an apple tree. It’s all about the shade, not the “fruits”.

Please find all related info here: https://thepinproject.eu/traveliving-a-romantic-practical-guide/

Thank you all for your time.

Regards

Nikos Dimitriou
    ErikMotoMan and guglemonster like this.
  2. thepinproject

thepinproject Adventurer

Oddometer:
    As far as I can understand, my post (and my book) found the right place in your forum. I am so glad that you sorted it out and I would like to thank the administration team.

For this reason, I would like to organize a little giveaway for the members of ADVRider community.

I am happy to offer 3 copies FOR FREE for the first three who will send me a pm and 7 copies more with a 20% discount.

In the second case, while purchasing, please use the code ADVRIDER in your comments before sending your order.

You can order your copies here: https://thepinproject.eu/traveliving-a-romantic-practical-guide/

Thank you so much for everything.

Regards

Nikos Dimitriou
    guglemonster likes this.
  3. thepinproject

thepinproject Adventurer

Oddometer:
    2 more FREE copies left ;-)

Thank you so much for hosting.

Nikos
  4. thepinproject

thepinproject Adventurer

Oddometer:
    No more FREE copies. Dont know how to say thank you.

The eBook giveaway is still ON. 7 copies with 20% discount. Please mention ADVRIDER while making the payment here.

Thanks again for hosting. Much appreciate your interest.

Nikos
  5. guglemonster

guglemonster Crivens!!! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Started reading it right away.... great stuff guys :)

happy Michnus told me about it

keep up the great adventure

Cheers
    Bill
  6. Gallos

Gallos dRawing

Oddometer:
    Also just get my free copie... Thank you Nikos...

I will start reading.. Keep going Amigo!
  7. guglemonster

guglemonster Crivens!!! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Many Thanks als from Jess and Jeku, the gift idea was really cool

best 20 dollars spent this month :)
  8. Czark9

Czark9 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Downloaded this evening and I'm up to page 105 already. It's a great read and very informative so far.
    Thank you Nikos.

J
  9. thepinproject

thepinproject Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I am glad that you enjoy so far. I cant wait for your final comments & review.
  10. thepinproject

thepinproject Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hope you enjoy. I am still waiting for your comments.. I think that riders are always stricter than other type of travellers and this is what I am expecting from you ;-)
  11. thepinproject

thepinproject Adventurer

Oddometer:
    No words to say THANK YOU . Hope you & your friends will find it at least useful. Looking forward to your review ;-)
    guglemonster likes this.
  12. Gallos

Gallos dRawing

Oddometer:
    Hey Nikos,

Just finish reading..

First of all, thank you for my free copy.. About your book here are some thoughts:

Finally a book title about traveliving that is not misleading at all... Just your personal path, to find the way out, to make the big step and just traveliving. I honestly enjoyed every single page of this book and for several reasons.

• The simplicity of your personal point of view, about all hesitations, before leave off the grid
    • The how this decision has evolved through the big journey
    • The practical information about potential costs, the methodology of preparation and of course the beautiful photos
    • The feeling of freedom to just living for traveling

Keep traveliving Nikos

Dima
    thepinproject likes this.
  13. thepinproject

thepinproject Adventurer

Oddometer:

Thank you so much for your honest review Dima. Hope, the other readers will share similar stuff ;-)
  14. thepinproject

thepinproject Adventurer

Oddometer:
    On the 19th of April, 2017, we proudly published our first book as an eBook and 37 people have already ordered it since then.

Now, we need one more push to print it & publish it as a hardcopy. For this reason, we have created a crowdfunding campaign in Indiegogo.

Crowdfunding is a popular practice not only to fund a creative project but also to purchase some exceptional stuff simply by contributing and pre-ordering the final product.

What makes traveliving | a romantic & practical guide exceptional is the fact that it is the first self-published book of its kind that has been created on the road by actual travellers that covers all categories of travellers (those in cars, motorbikes, bicycles & backpackers). It is a reading full of real life stories, secrets, fears, doubts and lots of practicalities about all you need to know before, during and even after a long-time trip around the world.

Please visit our campaign in Indiegogo platform, have a look, contribute -if you feel like- and spread the word!

While traveliving non-stop the last 5 years, we have NO Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest & other social media platforms to promote, advertise, or share our trip.

With full consciousness, we have decided to stay away of the social media buzz knowing that it severely limits our exposure. Instead, we try to spread the word by utilizing more traditional -even old school or paleolithic- methods of communication like sharing it in travel forums, sending newsletters to friends & followers etc. Why? Because we are romantic & we think different.

However, we much appreciate the strength of social media as a business tool in modern economy and we would like to encourage you to share the Pin Project campaign in every possible way.

More specifically:

• Email this campaign to fellow travellers and romantic people you may know who are dreaming to travel around the world
    • Share on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & other social platforms
    • Subscribe in our regular Traveliving Series & Collections Newsletter
    • Just say Hello! We want to hear your thoughts, really! Drop us an email, leave a comment, create some buzz
    • Share, share, share (please share)!
    Check the campaign here: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/traveliving-a-romantic-practical-guide-book#/

& watch our PROMO VIDEO here:

Thanks a million for hosting & sharing ;-)

Safe travels

Nikos & Georgia
  15. thepinproject

thepinproject Adventurer

Oddometer:
    One more book review from Brittany Caumette, a long-term traveller & contributor in our book project:

A small excerpt:

It makes sense that Nikos would title his E-book, Traveliving – it is, after all, the term he coined to describe his traveling philosophy and style. He and Georgia deliberately slow down and extend their stays in places so as to better understand and interact with a place and its people. They are more interested in connection and understanding that in ticking items off a bucket list. Traveling, for them, is a lifestyle (a mindset, even) rather than a trip with a set route and return date. I’m pretty sure they plan to travel forever – or at least the foreseeable future.

This is also why they seek volunteer, work-trade, or working opportunities along the way. By working along the way, they travel according to their values, but they also make their trip sustainable, from a financial aspect. (In this way, they are similar to our overlanding friends, Phil and Angie, who do a lot of HelpXing, housesitting, and other random work-trades as a way to offset travel costs, connect with locals, and travel differently.) Nikos and Georgia have done some of the most random jobs possible – from working at a cattle farm or fishing lodge to a doggy salon.

Read more here: http://wanderingfootsteps.com/locat...nders-georgia-and-nikos-and-their-new-e-book/

Once again, thanks for HOSTING ;-)

Nikos Dimitriou
  16. thepinproject

thepinproject Adventurer

Oddometer:
    This is an article about the people who still look for a good reason to support the Crowdfunding campaign & pre-order our book.

First of all, the book has not been created to support our travels and we do not count on the revenues from it. It is a travel resource, it is an on-the-road tool, it is a box full of memories, advice, information & experiences BUT it is not a way to generate income while travelling.

Everything started and finished on the road (writing, editing, designing, publishing etc) and we couldn’t support better our current lifestyle and the decision we took 5 years ago to leave our comfort zone and start roaming free.

The Pin Project & the concept of TRAVELIVING is NOT another travel project or long vacations. We are not seasonal travellers, we are not freeloaders, we don’t fly home when we feel homesick, we do not have sponsors, supporters or social media accounts, we pay for everything we owe or use and the last 2,5 years, we survive on 500 euro per month.

The Pin Project is a dream that was born in September 2011 & took shape in April 2012; the dream of a life change.

We chose to change our lifestyle & start travelling. The concept of traveliving evolved a bit later only to give purpose and meaning to our travels. To give purpose and meaning to our dream.

So, do you have dreams? Do you believe in change? Are you dreaming a life change?

By contributing to the book campaign, you do not simply get our book.

You rather embrace a life change that started as a dream and eventually became a wonderful reality, an amazing adventure, an unforgettable experience.

You are engaged to an innovative project that has been created by ordinary people to simply add value. No connections, no donations, no drama, no dragons. Real life stories for recreation ONLY.

Eventually, you become part of a wide community that strives for change by sharing & exchanging resources.

Everybody has the right for a change & actually lots of people have made it. However, all these success stories that make up a great resource are barely shared or published!

By launching our book, we are actually documenting this change & want to share it with everybody.

If you are dreaming a life change, then this is a good reason to grab a copy today.

Check the book campaign here: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/t...k/x/15585420#/

2 DAYS ARE LEFT!
  17. thepinproject

thepinproject Adventurer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  18. thepinproject

thepinproject Adventurer

Oddometer:
    We are so happy to announce the publication of TRAVELIVING hard copy version! For those who love reading & dreaming but are not familiar to the electronics, this is your chance to get our first travel book that will change the way you are perceiving long term travelling.

For all the members of the ADVRider community, we set a 15% permanent discount for worldwide shipping.

Get TRAVELIVING today for 27 EUR plus the eBook for FREE (Including First Priority International Shipping with tracking nr).

Merry Xmas & Happy New Year.