trials pants for atall rider

Discussion in 'Trials' started by irishgb, Oct 12, 2018.

1. irishgb

irishgb Adventurer

Oddometer:
    does anyone know where to buy trials pants for a tall rider ?? Thanks
  2. waterman28

waterman28 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    How tall?? I am 6'4" and wear a size 38x36 jeans,I bought a pair of size 38 UP&OVER trials pants and they fit well. also they are not skin tight but tighter than a MX pant.
  3. irishgb

irishgb Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks ,Waterman28 I am 6'3" and wear 34 X 36 jeans , I will look into what they have ! seems all the trials & MX pants I have had over the years end up with the knee portion well above my knee .They still reach my boot ,but it would be nice to have the knee pads on my knee caps .
  4. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    Buy 2XL trials pajama`s. Sure it just makes the boots, but that is the size you need for your size.
    Brewtus and Norman Foley like this.
  5. irishgb

irishgb Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Lineaway , I am unsure what you are telling me . Are you saying that I should buy size 2XL Trials pants ? If I recall looking at some sizing charts the 2XL waist would be too big . What am I missing ? Thanks
    waterman28 likes this.
  6. mung

mung Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    6-5, 38 inseam. The Up And Over 38 waist fit me very well.
  7. D2W

D2W Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Mung ... a slight thread diversion but related to trials pants and the Up and Over offering specifically ... Is there any sort of panel on the inner calf of the U&O pants which minimizes the damage to the pant if/when it hits a hot header? A piece of leather would be so simple and effective. Melted plastic on skin is never a fun experience.
  8. hdscarbro

hdscarbro Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have a pair of U&O pants, they do not have a panel to protect your calf from heat. I've owned them for a couple of seasons and I'm very happy with the pants overall.
  9. Brewtus

Brewtus Buffoonery, Inc.

Oddometer:
    Edited. Real Trials riders don't need no stinkin' leather shield. We wear our scars proudly.... :lol3
    jonnyc21 likes this.
  10. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    Trials pants run very small. My son is your size.
  11. D2W

D2W Adventurer

Oddometer:
    True, but unfortunately nothing protects the papa bear from the momma bear when the baby bear comes home with a singed paw.
  12. Brewtus

Brewtus Buffoonery, Inc.

Oddometer:

Yeeah-hokay. 12 years of wearing MX pants and later on Trials pajama bottoms I've yet to burn my leg (or a pant) on a pipe in competition.

Wearing shorts while tuning or running the coyote yes, but not when actually competing. Not sayin', just sayin'.....
    Norman Foley likes this.
  13. D2W

D2W Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yup ... my pants are fine as well. But it's my 13-year old son's pants which are like Swiss Cheese. But he's finally learning to respect the header. :)
  14. Buschog

Buschog Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I got a burn on my calf (wearing shorts) pulling a bike off of a rider at the Cali national... from the rivet on his header guard. 2 days afterwards I noticed it and it took me hours to figure out what the hell it was.
    Norman Foley likes this.
  15. irishgb

irishgb Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Lineaway thank you , that makes sense I am going to look at a nice set of trials pants in the 2XL size
  16. MT 007

MT 007 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I like my U&O pants and find the built in knee guards handy (I'm only 6'1" though). I used to burn my leg on the GG but the Sherco has a better positioned pipe so is no longer an issue... I agree anything from Spain seems to be sized small I got a XL shirt and it is closer to a tight medium. I did notice when I was in Portugal that I was taller than average... Also noticed there beer bottles seemed smaller than normal - LOl…
    [​IMG]
    Brewtus likes this.
  17. Greebe

Greebe Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have a pair of the Mots Pre 65 pants that are an XL and fit snug but not like Robin Hood and I wear a size 33 jeans. So like others are saying trials clothing runs quite small. They size it for skinny kids I think. Normally I wear size M in most other riding gear.
  18. motobene

motobene Motoing for 46 years

Oddometer:
    Carhartt shorts. Seriously!

When it's really cold add thermal bottoms that extend under the long socks.

Shin-knee pads like Fox makes gets rid of the need to cover knees with thin cloth.