Triangle arguments, agreements, advice, answers, articulate announcements

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by wb57, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Deezel

Deezel what? what?

Oddometer:
    Stolen Bike .... hope y'all can help me find it.

STOLEN BIKE FLYER.PNG
    schnabba likes this.
  2. wb57

wb57 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Damn. That sucks. I had an '07 version of that same bike. One of the best bikes I've owned. Hope you get it back. Will keep an eye out. A 200 on the street would be pretty noticeable.
  3. STBNE

STBNE Southern Comfort

Oddometer:
  4. wb57

wb57 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Johnson Family Barbecue - permanently closed.

Discovered by accident that Wayne Johnson - one of the owners - had called me a "motherfucker" for leaving a one star review on FB about a DIFFERENT RESTAURANT. Ask him and his wife to explain that as I'd taken numerous people there, left them five star reviews all over the place - and even got the food for my wedding there. Not one single response. Zero. No taking their posts down. Nothing.

Just saw this:
    https://indyweek.com/food-and-drink...rbecue-owner-racist-replies-negative-reviews/

It's a shame. I really liked the food there, but fuck 'em.
  5. STBNE

STBNE Southern Comfort

Oddometer:
    Wow...i liked their Q ..never cared to know their politics..but it seems they are racist a-holes....Good riddance...edit..I'm shocked the owner said that about you while your comments werent even about his establishment...If theyre still open..i wouldnt give them another dime..And their location sucks as well.
  6. schnabba

schnabba Long timer

Oddometer:
    If google has them as the verified owners of that google "place", then they possibly listed the business as closed on google - this prevents any further reviews from being posted on google. Same reason the company page is currently deactivated on facebook... prevents any further posts/reviews. Yelp, Urbanspoon, tripadvisor, etc all still allow reviews (there are a few that give fake reviews based on news they read). OR, they might be closed.

Their website is offline currently... their domain name expires in 14 hours ... of course there are grace periods and registrar hold periods, so if you wanted to say, purchase it for a year and park it somewhere to create a fun page, they still have a few months (potentially) to renew.

Shame they didn't apologize to you for that.
  7. STBNE

STBNE Southern Comfort

Oddometer:
    Well I still.like Johnny's in Louisburg..they dont have the magic smoke but their cue is good with a little spiccy vinegar sauce..and if you get their puppies fresh from the fryer they are pretty good..And theres always the Pink Pig in Butner..both places are worth it and the ride is pretty good too...Johnsons was always a slog on 98...sucky road...
    schnabba likes this.
  8. schnabba

schnabba Long timer

Oddometer:
    Last few weeks I’ve come back through louisburg into wake forest, and johnnys has had constant traffic in the drive thru... people eating in their cars in the parking lot or taking it home. That place has been busy!
    STBNE likes this.
  9. STBNE

STBNE Southern Comfort

Oddometer:
    Half the fun is my ride to Johnny's alot of backroads between here and there...Some of my favorites ...Same with the Pink Pig in Butner..the roads around Falls Lake are really nice...although i do have to take part of 98 to get over to New Light Rd...
  10. schnabba

schnabba Long timer

Oddometer:
    Don’t worry, wake forest is in plans to make 98 even worse... several new subdivisions near the Lowe’s foods, and when they open up the wegmans and build whatever hotel across the street.... awww yeah.
    STBNE likes this.
  11. STBNE

STBNE Southern Comfort

Oddometer:
    They just shot themselves in the foot..so to say..If they're still in business they prolly wont be for much longer...They dont deserve to be..un-repentant bastards..typical MAGGATs...
  12. STBNE

STBNE Southern Comfort

Oddometer:
    Awwww Shite..it already is NOT motorcycle friendly through there...
  13. pir8liner

pir8liner Long timer

Oddometer:
    Wow...sad to hear all the way around. Makes me wonder if there wasn't something already going on with the business in the background and the stress boiled over at the worst moment.
    schnabba likes this.
  14. STBNE

STBNE Southern Comfort

Oddometer:
    Moot at this point but it seems clear that their racism was present long before things boiled over...I remember taking to Mrs Johnson when they were in their 1st or 2nd year. she is from NJ and Mr Johnson is a NC native...IIRC....It is a sad commentary indeed of what our society really is...but no longer kept under the surface anymore...
  15. wb57

wb57 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'd already written them off after they refused to answer any of my private messages. This was a couple months or so ago.
  16. wb57

wb57 Long timer

Oddometer:
    It seemed like they were poised to expand. I always enjoyed talking with the wife, but never talked to the asshole in person.
  17. wb57

wb57 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I don't think they're clever enough to run that routine. They're FB page is gone. Their website is gone. They may try to reopen somewhere else under a different name, but I bet it won't be around here. Here was my exchange with them.

johnson2.jpg
    schnabba likes this.
  18. wb57

wb57 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I like both those places and Doug Saul's as well. Marty's in Rocky Mount is a newcomer that grew out of the ashes of one that closed a short while ago. Can't remember the history, but it's easy to find. Marty's is very good too.
  19. wb57

wb57 Long timer

Oddometer:
  20. BigOgre

BigOgre Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Is there a thread anywhere on BBQ in NC? Similar to the tag games, riding to check out new eats could be a great way to find new roads. AND I could put on even more weight too!