TriFest USA July 12-14 2019 Suches GA

Discussion in 'Rallies' started by zdc1775, Mar 15, 2019.

1. zdc1775

zdc1775 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The Triumph Owners Motorcycle Club (TOMCC) USA is hosting our second annual TriFest USA on July 12th-14th at Two Wheels of Suches. Last year this began as a group of about 10-15 members who planned to get together for a weekend of camping and riding. It very quickly grew both within the club and outside of it and we ended up with 65 people attending and two dealerships setting up tents and offering merchandise. Since this was basically a last minute arrangement we provided beer and bratwurst for everyone but we were frankly overwhelmed so this year we are doing it differently.

We will be preregistering as many people as we can. We are finalizing the details right now but we are expecting that registration will be less than $40. The registration will include a TriFest t-shirt and dinner on Saturday. You would be responsible for your own lodging, food for the other meals, and any alcoholic beverages.

I will be updating this thread/post when we finalize the details. If you have any questions or would like to register/join please email tomccusabranch@gmail.com

Trifest 2019 White.jpg
    middleage crazy likes this.
  2. zdc1775

zdc1775 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Some pictures from last year.

Trifest Group Photo.jpg

Around the campfire.jpg

Mr. T.jpg He ate more bratwurst than anyone else.
  3. zdc1775

zdc1775 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    More Pics

Motorcycle Group.jpg

Motorcycle Group1.jpg

Motorcycle Group2.jpg

Tiger Group.jpg
  4. WIDGIN

WIDGIN When In Doubt, Gas It Now

Oddometer:
    Anyone interested in sharing/splitting a cabin for this event? I'd like to drive up from Atlanta Friday evening and stay until Sunday morning. Looks like $60 a person covers 2 nights.
  5. zdc1775

zdc1775 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm not 100% certain but I believe that all the cabins and lodge rooms are already booked for that weekend. I know they were going really fast when we first announced the dates within the club so i would be surprised if they aren't.

Last year we had several riders from Atlanta come up for Saturday and Sunday and even a few who just came up for Saturday. They were mostly members of either the North Georgia RATs or RATlantans.
  6. WIDGIN

WIDGIN When In Doubt, Gas It Now

Oddometer:
    Okay, thanks (I guess) for the bad news. I haven't yet checked with TWO for availability and thought the date would be far enough in advance. I've already reserved a bed at IronHorse for the Triumph Raid The Dragon. I guess that unless some kind soul offers to split his reserved cabin, I'll just ride up Saturday and take a hammock to string overnight if the weather is nice.

My standard riding day is to head up to TWO (55 miles of 400 or 9 to get to Dahlonega, then glorious riding on the 60/180/129 loop and forest roads, then 55 crappy miles to get home.) I was hoping to overnight to avoid the 2 hours of drudge riding.

I may join one of the RATs but aren't terribly enamored of facebook, which seems to be the preferred communications medium.
  7. zdc1775

zdc1775 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I would volunteer to share my cabin but I plan on sharing it with my wife and I kind of doubt that she would appreciate an unknown guest. I'll ask at our monthly meeting on the 7th if anyone is interested in sharing their cabin or if there is an emptybed in one of the lodge rooms.

As far as communication with the local RAT group they also have a presence on the triumphrat forum. We also have several TOMCC members in the Atlanta area and we are hopeful that they will have their own branch by the end of the year. If you want to get in touch with any of them send an email to the address in the first post or message Sean Naylor on the triumphrat forum. He's the moderator of the welcome section and the President of TOMCC.
  8. zdc1775

zdc1775 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The prices for registration has been set. It's going to be $40. We are expecting to have the registration set up on an external booking site by the end of next week.