Trip master,RNS, ICO, & Roadbook tips and tricks

Discussion in 'Racing' started by Mudguts, Oct 26, 2013.

1. skibum69

skibum69 slave to gravity Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    That guy is cooking!
  2. gagnaou

gagnaou Long timer

Oddometer:
    And nav has to be pretty spot on...
  3. skibum69

Oddometer:
    He didn't make many errors even at speed, a couple of tangly sections where the route was hard to see but he still figured it out very quickly.
    babar69 likes this.
  4. gagnaou

gagnaou Long timer

Oddometer:
    I know, I thought it was pretty impressive!
  5. skibum69

Oddometer:
    Having done some rally riding I can attest to the skill
  6. samvspr

samvspr Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Looking for people with experience with gzparts odocap tripmaster?
    https://www.gzparts.com/tripmasterodocap/#cc-m-product-13769982523

They look to offer just a bit More bang for the buck than a RNS or ICO but haven't seen a lot of real user experience about them.

Looking into it to set up a first time amateur rally kit to first practice some roadbook rides around home and maybe in the future join a rally raid like Hellas.
  7. JDB427

JDB427 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Wiring assistance please - looking to make up my own version of this KTM to Rallye Max 2 adapter https://www.gzparts.com/productos/e...or-ktm-sensor-rueda/#cc-m-product-13862293023
    I have all the parts - but wondered if anyone knew what the connections out of the Rallye Max 2 sensor feed are please?
    Also if I wanted to make up some spare sensor leads - I see the manufacturers is 3 wire so I presume a hall sensor - again does anyone know the wiring required for the Rallye Max 2 (ie to make one of these http://rallydash.nl/product/sensor-cable/)?
    Thanks in advance.
  8. Luke

Luke GPoET&P

Oddometer:
    https://www.icoracing.com/pages/diy-cable-and-connector-repair

The sensor just closes a contact between the yellow wires, it's not a hall sensor. It's a 3 pin connector because 2 pin connectors aren't commonly available in that type of housing.
    JDB427 likes this.
  9. JDB427

JDB427 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks Luke that's perfect I can buy cheaper reed switches.
  10. Rob 110

Rob 110 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi everyone, killed my old IMO trip and can't remember what circumference was set to
    Using RNS at 2205 but seems to overead 0.1 every couple of km. Using Michelin Medium.
    Going to try 2240.
    Anyone got a figure noted down?
    Thx
  11. trailripper06

trailripper06 n00b

Oddometer:
    Reviving an idea thread - building a digital setup with an iPad mini and am looking for a scroll, trip + and - switch. What is everyone using? Rides2little is no longer producing the blitz buttons… :(
  12. gearheadE30

gearheadE30 @LC8Adventures

Oddometer:
    No kidding, that's a bummer...

I had built a homemade setup before switching over to his buttons. The buttons themselves are cheap 5 button ebay clusters. The switches are latching, but you can take them apart and remove the piece that makes them latch to turn them into intermittent switches. They worked great for me, though the shape of the switch pod was annoying and would be better if they were all in a straight line.

I used an arduino bluetooth chip to get the button signals to control the ipad.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Gany likes this.
  13. rides2little

rides2little Braaaaaap Supporter

Oddometer:

https://www.buttoner.lv/ Their English page isn't up but just use Google Translate. Rolands responded pretty quickly to emails.

I bought a set of these to test and on the bench they have worked fine. I haven't been able to test on the bike yet. For the price it is hard to beat. Not aluminum and a bit cheaper buttons but still functional and shipping didn't take too long.
    gearheadE30 likes this.
  14. raschaa

raschaa Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    beyond the 7 mountains, with the 7 dwarfs
    There is also Carpe Iter... not cheap, but a pretty well thought out and robust product.

https://carpe-iter.com/carpe-iter-control/

Been using it for a year now and could never go back. Recently bought the Carpe Iter Pad as well. Support threads are here in the forum...
  15. ssandijss

ssandijss Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    +1
    I'm using buttoner.lv rally buttons and they work very good! My rally setup is - Samsung Active Tab2, buttoner.lv buttons and Piste Roadbook android app and all works without any problems!

And as a plus - buttoner.lv buttons also work on some other apps! When travelling, i'm using Locus and i can use zoom in/zoom out functions on buttons.
    raschaa and rides2little like this.
  16. babar69

babar69 Stay light as light

Oddometer:

sadly the website doesn't allow to buy online.... empty page... :(
  17. rides2little

rides2little Braaaaaap Supporter

Oddometer:
    I sent them an email and they replied with in a day or so and they were able to send an invoice to pay from. Was not a problem doing it that way for me.
  18. babar69

Oddometer:
    EDIT i bought butooner.LV product and the quality and price ratio are the best !!!! Works like a charm, Rollands kept cool in front of my million questions. Product was delivered on time...
    Thanks guys, to inform me about it... These buttoner + Piste roadbook software make a super efficient unit.
    I built my light tower set up with a 8 inch lenovo cheap tablet , the tripmeter is set upon tablet , on a rugged 6' phone using Tripmeter from BItwize1 ( another great guy ).
    Speed is overlayed on the right of screen using GPS TEST from Chartcross. I I can swap to Rally tripmeter for liaisons and time/avg speed calcluations... BT buttons 140 euros with delivery, Tablet 120 euros, phone , i already have it but you can get an okitel rugged ip 68 for low cost. I will bring another tablet as backup for Hellas rally .

Easy to practice with Rally navigator, making our own roadbooks and train. Autonomy of tablet Bluetooth activated +gps + full screen luminosity = 11 hours even with lots of crappy softs running in background. My phone is a 10 amp battery so 2 days or more to run.
    Buttoner buttons system sucks nothing, I tested it long time, searchnig for signal BT connection ( worst case ) with a 5 amp powerbank, and it runs for days....

As past working in electronics A/D i know the weak links are alway connecting, whatever the plugs... and of course no way to use these stupid USB C .....

So I will fix one of my ten amps powerbank in back of tower to eventually charge /recharge phone or tablet or both if shit once hits the fan

I will run NOTHING from bike, except what is mandatory from organisation : the wiring of STELLA tracking system, required to be done directly from the battery.
    In worst case like making submarine in a f...d river crossing or big speedy crash, I still can use my other rugged IP68 phone mandatory to carry on to be in communication with organisation in last resort and put another tablet for next day.

I already used my rugged phones in weeks enduro travels, with big crashes. Still work after three years of abuse. I definitely prefer it to any mechanical system....
    If I didn't have these years of hard tests and use, I wouldn't go to digital systems....

I found too that being able to fast scroll screen to check roadbook and everywhere from bed, to seating, etc... is a far better way to memorize a lot of, compared to the paper system.
    Edit, to highlight and color it, is easy to o with XODO which works both on PC and tablets/phones.

.Will post some pics tomorrow
    nostep, NoelJ and RenoMoto like this.
  19. babar69

Oddometer:
    first model, now phone has clamps on sides. Tablet is in a silicon soft case and has pro velcro on back too in case of...
    I put too an aux led light on side of "tower". THe front headlight is stock and unobstructed by the nav system.
    Front of the plate has the mndatory medical kit and a rain jacket.
    Will post final system tomorrow.

All is not in very high position but it's a personnal choice for handling and I prefer it when riding, for some reasons ( which is another topic I can develop).
    Holder is fixed with ordinary acerbis/ufo handlebars fix. Again, standard parts easy to replace.
    All can be pulled out fast to use bike in enduro mode . Odo OEM dashboard is still seen and accessible

compared to the paper roadbook of 143 mm large, the graphic part showing roadbook in Piste roadbook software is 137 mm, a bit less but ok
    The reading of tripmeter on the rugged phone is far easier than on ICO and others, not mentionning others infos on screen, like current time / race time / compass /battery remaining / average speed. The only problem taht I hope the programmer will fi before next May are teh decimals. So for stages up to 99 km, it's ok , it gives the decimals like 78.51 , but upon 100 km, only the 100 meters one, like 154.3. In woirst case i can choose three decimals and hide the last one with an overlay ... or use F2R trip meter

Attached Files:

nostep, RenoMoto and pierrejaune like this.
  20. GezwindeSpoed

GezwindeSpoed Long timer

Oddometer:
    More bucks for bang you do not need. For most European rally's you do not need cap readings; you need two tripmeters then anyway or you use your gps for that. The ico you only need for distance. Try to find a used one