Triple Loopalooza (Central Cascades)

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - West & PNW' started by mfaoro, Aug 27, 2019.

1. mfaoro

mfaoro Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This is a big-bike friendly route from Exit 42 on I-90 (Tinkham Rd) over Snoqualmie, Stampede, Tacoma Passes. Near Windy Gap and Pyramid Peak and the Naches Trail.

I’d say it’s best for advanced beginners and above. There is a rocky climb from the south end of the Stampede Loop up to the high shelf roads that parallel the PCT - rd 7036. There isn’t that much loose rock. You just need to be comfortable picking a line and sticking to it.

The route is 151 miles long with 30k ft of ascent/descent. There are numerous escape routes including Greenwater and FR19 to Clifdell.

Enjoy.

Attached Files:

chinook1 and Car Sun Key like this.
  2. Car Sun Key

Car Sun Key Pick a direction and go

Oddometer:
    Sunset hwy, Lester, strawberries, Pacific crest, food at Whistling Jacks. One of my favorite rides!
    I90Grnwtr 20190602 (15).jpg
  3. mfaoro

mfaoro Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Me too. Which part is called the sunset highway?
  4. Car Sun Key

Car Sun Key Pick a direction and go

Oddometer:
  5. chinook1

chinook1 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    What a great looking loop. What's your typical time for this? I'm wondering if a guy could ride over from Spokane, and camp at either end then ride back to spokompton making a 3 day / 2 night trip.
  6. mfaoro

mfaoro Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks Chinook1!

I think that would work pretty well actually.

I tend to ride pretty fast because I’ve got to get home and feed the kids and I’m on a 500.

Take an hour off for getting to the beginning and back to North Bend and it takes me around six+ hours of near constant riding.

There are great campsites and campgrounds all over this route.

Let me know when you are going to do it. Perhaps we could ride some of it together.

I’m putting together a website of routes I have come up with. I’ll post the URL when I have it up. It’s just a repository or place for me to share something I love doing.. Not trying to make money or anything.

michael
    ktmrider221 likes this.
  7. mfaoro

mfaoro Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I guess that I should add that I previously rode an 1190r for six years and that experience is what I am basing my ‘big-bike’ friendly evaluation on. This one is definitely big bike friendly.