Trippin' in and out of the Rednek Republik

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by N-Id-Jim, Apr 30, 2012.

1. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Long timer

Oddometer:
    More than the inch we have at my house but hibernation is the same result for the motorcycles here. Mostly me, not the weather, though.
  2. N-Id-Jim

N-Id-Jim Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'll post a few more wintery pictures here again soon..

Yesterday was the best deep snow skiing day I have ever had at Schweitzer Mt, going x-c skiing today again!

I Hope everyone has a beautiful and Merry Christmas, whatever your persuasion is.. enjoy!
    Ladybug likes this.
  3. N-Id-Jim

N-Id-Jim Long timer

Oddometer:
    A few pretty wintery pictures for you all........

Ladybug and TheAdmiral like this.
  4. N-Id-Jim

N-Id-Jim Long timer

Oddometer:
    We slid up to Mt Spokane yesterday.... a glorious, if a bit cold, afternoon. We skied two hours in the 12 degree heat.

mka and TheAdmiral like this.
  5. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Long timer

Oddometer:
    Way cool!
    [​IMG]
  6. N-Id-Jim

N-Id-Jim Long timer

Oddometer:
    A few more shots from our recent weekend winter fun, looks like it will be winter for a while longer yet...........

mka and TheAdmiral like this.
  7. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Long timer

Oddometer:
    Pretty with or without the deer!
    [​IMG]
  8. Bob

Bob Formerly H20Pumper

Oddometer:

We've been doing a fair amount of this and some snowshoeing down in Sun Valley, where is this taken?
    Great pic!
    Do you have a fat bike? They are grooming one of the meadows and a golf course for fat bikes, looks interesting?
    TheAdmiral likes this.
  9. N-Id-Jim

N-Id-Jim Long timer

Oddometer:
    Bob, This was taken in Winthrop WA a couple weeks a go..... I rented a fat bike and rode it a bit, they have a few trails groomed for bikes there, but we go there for the skate skiing which is just amazing there. I want to come ski at Galena area too. its on the list!
  10. N-Id-Jim

N-Id-Jim Long timer

Oddometer:
    By the calendar it is Spring here.. almost

over the last couple months i have had some fun at Mt Bachelor!

of course Schweitzer Mtn too

made a quick trip toi Florida to see my Mom;

Then last weekend, finally a little ride up along the Snake River....

More soon, Cheers!
    TheAdmiral likes this.
  11. Ladybug

Ladybug Bug Sister Supporter

Oddometer:
    Spokane Valley, WA (the dry side of the mountains)
  12. Duanob

Duanob Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Small world! We were in Winthrop of the New Years weekend. It was cold! Skied, Snowboarded, rode fat bikes, and snow shoed. Probably passed by you on the trails!

This has been an inspiring ride report. My buddy and I are taking a four day trip starting in Wenatchee, WA and heading towards your neck of the woods and back again. I've been getting some great insight on the bestest and most fun roads to ride and some scenery that shouldn't be missed through northern WA, Western Idaho, NE Oregon, etc. Can't wait!
  13. N-Id-Jim

N-Id-Jim Long timer

Oddometer:
    If you come this way gimme a shout. It is fun to chat with visitors, and if you want any route info hit me up with a pm for sure.
  14. N-Id-Jim

N-Id-Jim Long timer

Oddometer:
    So the sun came out to play and gave us some unseasonably warm and sunny April weather up here in the god foresaken Northern hinterlands in Ideehoe. When that weather phenomenon occurs here it is always accompanied by sudden swarming of machines buzzing about on all the roads and trails piloted by folks who are overdue for some warm weather type activities such as motorcycle riding. I managed to carve a few hours out and go for a spin too.

First I had to untangle the battery tender cords and hope the beast would awaken from hibernation without too much grumbling. I knew it would because every so often during the long dark winter I have to stand out in the garage in the cold weather and just listen to the motors run. It is soothing, like sunshine.

I kitted up and..... stood there trying to make that hugely critical decision of which way to go,

So I figured any way other than no way is a good way, and of course I headed out for the Palouse Prairie.......... because i like it there, and there is no traffic there, and the hills are now turning green in the bright spring sun.

Down the road I went:

We dont have all that many gorgeous historic buildings around here, but in Latah, up on top of the hill top there was this:

When I saw this machine at idle and ready to fly I had to stop:

The pilots highway:

I flew on down to the berg of Palouse and had a great lunch in the Palouse Cabboose, stop in, it is excellent!

After chow I set my sights on the loop from Palouse back into Idaho toward Potlatch, Princeton, Harvard, Emida, St Maries, and Harrison of course.

In Potatch you can see signs of the heydays, but it is all mostly gone now.

Old Man Weyerhauser was the Father of the town, I guess. The timber companies and the railroads pretty much called all the shots back then. Kind of like the Golden Rule, He who has the gold, makes the rules.

I blasted over the curvey and fun White Pine Hwy.. still some snow up there, of course. I love that road!

From there, i guess you all will just have to imagine the rest cuz i didnt take any more pics, but the riding season is here!

Cheers!
    Ladybug and TheAdmiral like this.
  15. Duanob

Duanob Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Will do! I may send you our loose itinerary when the time gets closer and you can help me decide the better roads to ride. :)
  16. N-Id-Jim

N-Id-Jim Long timer

Oddometer:
    Do it Duanob! I always enjoy working out fun routes, and there are a lot of them around here.

Cheers!
  17. N-Id-Jim

N-Id-Jim Long timer

Oddometer:
    I got myself out for a nice, if short, favorite local ride into a canyon that climbs up through pretty meadows along a rushing creek, until it turns into a fun and twisty stretch of smooth pave'..... until it ends into gravel in the National Forest. Here are a couple quick pics.

AS I roll up through the meadows I always admire these gentleman's ranches. I really dont think these are real ranches, per se, as much as they are "trophy ranches" maybe?? the If you are a horse, you would want to be lucky enough to live in a place like this............

Up the hill i go into the canyon for about six fun miles to the first saddle..........

But it is only mid-April here in the north, so my trail will end here today. But there will be more soon.

Cheers!
    TheAdmiral likes this.
  18. N-Id-Jim

N-Id-Jim Long timer

Oddometer:
    a mechanical interlude is taking place for the viffer:

the viffer is getting some upgrades and loving!

hope to be test riding the new suspenders soon
    Ladybug likes this.
  19. N-Id-Jim

N-Id-Jim Long timer

Oddometer:
    Done!

The new cockpit view of fully adjustable fork valving:

The adjustable remote reservoir for the new shock.

Need to give it a good test thrashing now!
  20. N-Id-Jim

N-Id-Jim Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have given the new suspenders a couple good rides now, and have to say that i am pleased with the results of the upgrades. I makes the work worthwhile...

I made run up the cda river and had some nice views, which are here for your viewing pleasure:

I left the river valley and headed up Dobson Pass

I made it to here:

Cheers!
    Zubb likes this.